Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Night at the Movies

The Holiday

by jengrey 4 reviews

Night at the Movies just got a whole lot more interesting...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!] [!!!] - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-08 - 1264 words

0Unrated
"I can't believe that we got stuck seeing a chick-flick." Archie muttered bitterly. Atlanta elbowed him in the ribs, and he let out a tiny 'ouch'.
"You know Archie," Theresa said. "The Holiday is supposed to be a great movie, and really funny." But then she added quietly, "and kind of a chick-flick."

*

After waiting for a half hour in the popcorn line for Herry, they eventually got into the theater. Thankfully, the movie hadn't started yet, only the advertisements had. Unfortunately, the lights were going out and the seats where they had been in the perfect place had only five free seats!
"Oh, too bad," Archie said sarcastically and starting for the door. "There are no more seats for all of us. I guess we'll just have to go to another movie."
"No," Atlanta said, grabbing Archie's shirt. "there are two seats over there." Atlanta pointed over to two seats several rows ahead. "Two of us can sit there, and the rest can sit here."
Jay and Theresa blushed. They both knew that they wanted to go to the two seats rows down, but neither would say, out loud at least.
Atlanta obviously noticed this, so she said while rolling her eyes. "Theresa, you and Jay should go together. I mean, you actually want to watch the movie don't you? Archie and I will still be arguing about watching or not watching the movie, Neil doesn't really care if he watches the movie or not as long as he gets to sit next to a hot girl that will properly be in love with his looks and compliment him endlessly, Herry won't mind as long as he gets to eat enough popcorn and Odie just really doesn't care. You and Jay should go."
"O-Okay." Jay said, obviously pleased, leading Theresa over to the two empty seats ahead. "You know," he said quietly. "If you get scared, I'll be right beside you."
Theresa giggled. "I don't think I can get scared in a Romantic-Comedy."
The two didn't know it at the time, but thanks to Atlanta, a very strong relationship was about to be built.

*

They were halfway through the movie, and Jay was still mentally debating whether or not he should put his hand on Theresa's. They were over halfway through the movie when Cameron Diaz and Jude Law were talking about marriage in bed when Jay and Theresa stole a glance at one another and a red blush instantly spread all over their faces. They didn't look at each other for the entire scene. At the beginning of the next scene, Theresa slowly slid her hand into Jay's open one. She prepared herself for Jay to shake it off, but he didn't. Their hands continued to be intertwined for the remainder of the movie, in which Theresa decided to go to the next step; she rested her head on Jay's shoulder several scenes in after when their hands connected. It was a while until Theresa wondered if Jay still had his consciousness. Eventually she glanced at him and caught him whipping his head back to the movie and a slight blush running across his cheeks. Jay knew that the movie was going to end soon, the movie's music and the climax was happening. Jay took a deep breath and slowly turned his face to hers and lifted his finger to his chin and guided her face to his. Their eyes stared into the other and Jay forgot what was going on for a second, but he was only aware of the fact that he was only centimeters away from Theresa's face. They slowly leaned in and at last, their lips touched. A flying sensation filled Theresa's body and mind when their lips touched. The music was intense, and they continued to kiss.
'Awww,' Atlanta said quietly, sitting next to Archie, staring at Jay and Theresa's make-out session. 'Isn't that so sweet? See, I told you that they'd get together. You now owe me 10 bucks, I am 10 dollars richer, and you are 10 dollars poorer.'
'Oh stop rubbing it in.' Archie said playfully. The ending credits were coming on and Archie leant in for a kiss. Unfortunately, Atlanta unknowingly whipped her head around to face Jay and Theresa again and Archie soon found himself, not kissing Atlanta's lips, but her ear.
'What was that?' Atlanta said after Archie removed his lips from her right ear.
'N-Nothing.' He replied, his face redder than a tomato.
Atlanta leaned in and kissed him lightly.
'Then what was that?' Archie said, a goofy smile planted on his face.
'Uh-' Atlanta cut herself off. 'That was a...a...kiss. A friendly kiss.'
'But a kiss none the less.' Archie said loud enough only so that Atlanta could hear. 'So does this mean that we're boyfriend and girlfriend?'
Atlanta giggled. 'That is so corny, but I like it. I need a bit of corniness in my life.'
'That's a nice line.' Archie said, this time louder.
'So,' Neil said, standing up, hand in hand with a tall blonde girl swooning over him. 'Are you done kissing or can we leave?'
'Are you talking about Archie and Atlanta, or Jay and Theresa?' Odie asked, laughing.
'Both.' Neil responded happily.
They all walked down the aisle to where Jay and Theresa were still kissing and Atlanta cautiously tapped on Jay's shoulder. Nothing. She tapped again. Jay's shoulder shook her fingers away. Atlanta was getting pissed now, so she literally pulled Jay away from Theresa into the empty seat beside him.
'Oh, uh, hi Atlanta.' He said sheepishly.
'What do we have here?' It was more of a statement that Herry said through mouthfuls of popcorn.
'Nothing,' Jay said, leaning back into his new chair. 'Just watching the movie.' He gestured to the blank screen.
'But the houselights are on, and the movie's finished.' Herry said and they all laughed.



*

'So,' Archie said as they were driving home. 'How was the movie you guys?'
'Adequate.' Odie said. 'But it was funny enough. Who would trade houses, though?'
'I dunno.' Herry said. 'But I think that it's more of a movie that you see with a girlfriend, or boyfriend.'
'Well I don't care how it was,' Neil said, admiring himself in his mirror. 'All I care about is that my self-esteem now takes up my entire body, I got a whole lot more compliments and I just got the phone number of Leslie, oh wow, she is hot. H-O-T, hot!'
'I thought the movie was really good.' Theresa said, as she and Jay looked into each others eyes.
'How would you know?' Herry said. 'You have been kissing the entire time, and when you weren't kissing, you were thinking about kissing each other.'
'You could take over for Theresa, dude.' Neil said, laughing.
'Yah.' Theresa muttered right before she and Jay kissed once more.
'Typical,' Archie said. 'So what do you think of the movie Atlanta?'
'It was pretty good, at least, for the parts that I got to see, Archie!' Atlanta said, frowning at him. 'You kept on bugging me about seeing the movie; I never got to actually watch it.'
'So, we'll have to see it again?' Jay said pleadingly.
'Ugh, my lips are chapped.' Theresa said and giggled.
'No way am I going to see that chick flick again!' Herry argued. 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith next time.'
'Pan's Labyrinth!'
'Bridge to Terabithia!'
'A documentary!'
'Back to normal.' Theresa said to Jay.
'Not completely.' Jay responded and gave they started one more make-out session to add to the many more to come.
Sign up to rate and review this story