Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Know I'm Supposed To Love You

Ch. 5: Seasons Change But People Don't

by x__carcrashheart 1 review

Prom night for Pete and Scarlett. Only they're not as alone as they had thought. A/N: I suck at writing sex scenes. It's pretty generic. Eh. It needed to be there, though.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-08 - 2154 words

1Ambiance
I was miserable for about a week, moping around the house if I wasn't at school, unable to look anyone in the eye if I didn't know them. How could I know if I was looking into the face of Martin? Pete tried to comfort me, which didn't work for a while because I couldn't tell him I felt guilty that we were dating because of my stalker. Pete didn't have to know about that.

After I while I gradually told myself that the guy was an obsessive weirdo, and that it was dangerous for us to have a relationship anyways. Months passed, and prom was less than 2 months away, so I went dress shopping with Megan. She got asked by her cousin, who was a senior, and out of pity she accepted. She's a sweet girl.

We went from mall to mall one Saturday, trying desperately to find something that wasn't a) lime green or b) two sizes too small. Finally we came to our last resort, a fairly expensive store filled with ballroom-type gowns. The Olsens had given me a 1,000$ dollar limit for everything for prom, and I intended to not spend a cent more than I had to.

"So, how are things with you and Pete?" Megan asked calmly, sifting through the racks upon racks of dresses. She scowled at a price tag of a particularly beautiful pink dress before looking up at me.

"Okay, I guess," I said, shrugging. I ran my finger across a row of beads. "He's moving kind of fast," I commented quietly, moving on to the next dress. I could practically hear Megan's eyebrow quirk, even though I didn't look up to see it.

"Like how? Like asking you to the prom?" she inquired. I shook my head. "He, uh, wants to do stuff. I don't really want to, though," I told her. She nodded. "Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea. You guys have been dating how long? Four months?" She shook her head. "Not a good idea. You guys should keep it simple and uncomplicated."

I nodded in agreement. Pete had tried several times to undo my pants, and I let him, once, but that's as far as it went. Nothing other than touching on top of pants and him feeling me up. I loved Pete, and I felt at ease with him, but I was still skittish.

Megan gasped, examining a dress I couldn't see from where I was standing. "Oh wow," she breathed, checking the tag. "Shit. Too small. Scar, this dress is a size 2. You'd fit it." She unhooked it from the rack and handed it over to me. To be honest, it was gorgeous. It was fitted, strapless, fuchsia and black, satiny, with beading on the chest and down the front. Words can't really describe it.

[[A/N: if you'd really like to see the dress, click here for a collage of the dress, shoes, purse, jewelry, etc.
http://i13.tinypic.com/454l8vs.jpg]]

"I'm fucking trying this on," I said, folding it over my arm with another light pink and white dress I was considering. Megan followed me to the dressing room, taking the stall next to mine. I stepped into the dress, holding it up against me as I walked out of the stall so the attendant could zip me up. I smoothed out the dress over my stomach, admiring myself in the mirror in front of the door. "It's perfect," I murmured, smiling widely. Megan stepped out in a satiny red dress that hugged her curves. "Nice," I began to say, but she interrupted me. "You're buying that," she said loudly, her eyes wide as she grinned at me. I nodded in agreement, stepping back inside the stall to change out of the dress. I delicately hung it over my arm as I walked out again before thinking about the price. I glanced down at the tag. 400.00$, it read in bold print. I sighed. Too expensive. "I have to out it back," I commiserated with Megan as i glumly headed back to look for another dress. "What are you talking about? It's only 240$, she said looking confused. She stalked up to me and flipped over the pricetag, revealing a bright red reduction tag. I grinned. This was a good sign.

I bought the dress, then went on to find matching accessories and shoes and all that nice stuff. I then went to the florist, to order myself and Pete our corsage/boutonnière set. I felt a little bad about being controlling, so I called Pete from a pay phone beforehand to let him know. He was fine with it, and wanted to know what color he should get for his tux. I told him black and pink would be good choices.

"That sounds cute," he said, a laugh in his voice. I smiled a little, lowering my voice. "I love you, Pete. I'm so happy I get to do this with you." He paused before answering. "Same here." Megan gave me a look meaning we had better go, so I told him I had to go and hung up.

"What was all that about?" she asked as we walked into the florists, heading towards the small catalogues they had for bouquets and all that stuff. I shrugged. "Couple stuff," I answered, grinning slightly. She laughed lightly and we began to slip through the books. I chose a handheld bouquet with fuchsia roses, and a fuchsia rose for Pete. Megan chose red carnations for herself and her cousin. After ordering, Megan drove me home.

The 2 months before prom flew by exponentially. Not only was I so busy with my job, planning our prom night and exams at school, I had to do couple time with Pete. It was nice to relax, but he was still pushing himself on me more than I would have liked.

Finally, it was prom night. Pete had chosen a plain black tux with a fuschia handkerchief and vest, and we had chosen for him to wait for prom night to see me in my prom dress. I could tell by the expression on his face as I walked down the staircase in the house that he was pleased. My hair was half-up, half-down, and slightly curled. Pete's hair was slightly spiky, I saw, as I reached the bottom and greeted him with a brief kiss. Cameras flashed as the Olsens were snapping away with their cameras. I grinned shyly and posed for a few nice photos with Pete in our garden before we left in our black limo to the banquet hall. We stayed for about an hour after dinner before Pete decided that we should leave and do something fun before we headed to our beach house, which we had rented for the weekend. Pete's idea of fun was a concert, which was totally fine with me, only he brought along a lot of liquor. I had never really drank before, which is why I ended up getting absolutely smashed. Pete was pretty drunk too, so he called us a cab to drive us to the beach house. When we got there, he got pretty persuasive. I was drunk off my ass, too, but that didn't matter at the moment. I don't remember much.

[Pete's POV]
Scarlett was wasted. I was a little drunk, yeah, but I could still walk in a fairly straight line. She was slurring her words, really out of it. I got it into my head that we should both lie down. People seemed less drunk when they were lying down. He had changed before the concert, so it was easy getting Scarlett out of her thin tee shirt and jean shorts. I slipped out of my own clothes and crawled into bed beside her. She was affectionate, a lot more than usual because of all the vodka I had given her. Her mouth landed on mine, messy and sweet and tasting of alcohol. I pressed back, a little more forcefully than usual, our tongues reaching for each other and meeting in a collision. My hand ran down her side to her bare thigh, her hands resting on my waistline but slowly dropping and I crawled on top of her. I pulled her leg up around my waist, our breathing laboured and heavy. Scarlett's hand reached my erection, making me shiver slightly. I cupped her ass with one hand as my hand explored under her panties, not teasing as I had done many times before, but boldly thrust into her centre. A moan escaped from her lips, causing her to tighten her grip on me. I winced slightly, although I did enjoy it a little. Her hand slid up and down my shaft briefly before she guided it to her centre. I took this as a sign that she was ready enough, and withdrew my fingers for a second before I dove into her, my lips landing on her neck. Her back arching, I slid in and out of her slowly until I felt she was used to me inside of her. She bucked against me slightly, so I picked up speed, our bare stomachs slapping together, skin sticky and glistening with sweat from the hot June night. She tightened slightly about a moment before I felt myself losing control. She climaxed a few moments after I did, with a little help from me. Prom night had to be special for her. I collapsed next to her, breathing hard as I kissed her lips repeatedly. She was pretty much out of it, whether from being tired or being drunk. I passed out next to her, waking up briefly in the middle of the night to hear Scarlett puking in the attached bathroom. [/Pete's POV]

[Martin's POV]
My eyes narrowed as I watched them moving together, both drunk and completely oblivious of my presence. I admit, I followed them there. I couldn't just let them have their dirty little prom night and let it go. I had to see for myself. I had hoped that maybe it wouldn't end up like it did, but obviously it didn't. Standing in the window, my eyes fixed on that bastard's back, I felt completely justified. Scarlett was mine, and I was as much a part of this moment as her boyfriend was. I hadn't even gotten a good look at him in the darkness, but I hated him anyways. I had no inkling of his life outside of his involvement with Scarlett but I knew he was a no-good prick. After they stopped moving, I slipped away, to my car down the road, and drove home again. [/Martin's POV]

I woke up with a killer headache the next morning, completely nude and a little sore. I rested in bed for about 10 minutes after I woke up, gathering my memories of the night before. Suddenly I remembered the part about me and Pete fucking. I sat up in bed, slipping out onto the cold wooden floor and hurrying to the bathroom, looking in the toilet and wastebasket for any signs of a condom. None. No wrapper, nothing at all. I groaned, sitting down on the edge of the tub. Now we were in trouble.

Pete was still sleeping when I got dressed and started to make lunch for us. I was cutting club sandwiches into fours when he slid his arms around me from behind, drawing me close. "Morning," he greeted, his voice thick as molasses with sleep. I stayed silent for a moment , setting the knife down before I spoke in a hesitant voice.

"We didn't use a condom, Pete." I turned around to face him, my eyes searching his face for a reaction. He groaned, just as I had, shutting his eyes and slapping his forehead. "Fuck. Fuck!" he said, letting me go. He took a seat in a kitchen chair as I paced the kitchen nervously, my throat stinging as I fought off the urge to cry. We couldn't get pregnant. That would be a disaster.

"You need to do something," he said finally, his eyes fixated on the floor. "There has to be something." His eyes met mine. He looked scared. I was scared, but I remembered hearing about a pill you could take within 24 hours of having sex to prevent getting pregnant, but it made you sick. It was like a mini-abortion, completely cleaning you out.

I told Pete about it, and we left, coming up with a story as to why we were coming home. "I've got the flu," I told my parents. Why not? I was gonna be sick as a dog for the next week anyway. Pete and I took the opportunity of visiting a clinic to go to Planned Parenthood where I got the pill. The next week was a haze of pain and illness, but I made it through fine.
Sign up to rate and review this story