Categories > Original > Humor

The After School Club

by KoKoaPuffsAtTheDisco 0 reviews

A play I wrote!

Category: Humor - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-04-10 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 2434 words - Complete

-1Boring
Kristen- A 17 year old girl. She lives in a small conservative town. She was brought up in a family where she was the youngest of 3 girls. All of her sister, and all of the females I her family were head cheerleaders. They all went out with the captain of the football team. But she likes some one else.

Nancy- A 17 year old girl. She is Kristen's friend and is also a cheerleader.

Mrs. Blackwell-Kristen's teacher and coach.

Peter- A 18 year old boy. He just moved to this town. So he is the new on and also the rebel of the town. He likes Kristen and asks her out after school one day.

John- 17 year old boy who is the captain of the football team. He is gay and likes and is going out with Patrick.

Patrick- 17 year old boy who is an actor, singer, and dancer. He is also gay and is going out with John.















You hear a school bell ring and shouts, locker closing, and feet walking. The curtain goes up and we see a hallway and a classroom. The main light is on the hallway and we see two girls walking down. They are both in cheerleading uniforms. They entry from upstage left. They stop right next to the door that goes in to the classroom. Kristen is carrying her back pack and another bag. Nancy just has her backpack.


Kristen
I don't get why I have to go out with him. I mean I get why everyone wants us to, but I want to go out with someone who I really like.

Nancy
Well, I mean you don't have to go out for a long time, but just for a week. Then you two can break it off.

Kristen
Nancy, I really am not going to go out with someone, because the whole town wants me too. I mean he is the Captain of the football team, and I am the head cheerleader. But, NO, I'm not going to go out with him. I like someone else. His name is Peter; he's in a club I'm after school. Which I need to go to like now. Bye Nancy

Nancy
Fine, you're going to come over tonight to talk. We need to set you straight. Bye
(Nancy walks off and exits down stage right. Kristen goes through the door to go into the classroom. We see Mrs. Blackwell cleaning up her desk, and getting her stuff to leave.)

Kristen
Hello, Mrs. Blackwell. How are you today?

Mrs. Blackwell
I am fine thank you Kristen. Well, I have to get going. I will see you tomorrow.

Kristen
Ok, Mrs. Blackwell. Um, one question, what time is practice tomorrow for the softball team, so I can tell the rest of the girls?

Mrs. Blackwell
Oh yes, at about 4 tomorrow. Oh and congrats on getting captain for winter ball. I am so proud of you, I knew you could do it. Well, I need to get home and start dinner. Have a good night.

Kristen
I will and you have a good night too.
(Mrs. Blackwell exits through the door, and exits upstage left. Kristen starts to write SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT CLUB and WE WILL COVER BULLING TODAY. She also takes papers out of the box. As she does this John enters from downstage left and goes through the door.)

John
Hey, Krissy. So what is the meeting about today? (He has a really happy look on his face)
(He crosses over to a chair and sits down.)


Kristen
Can't you read the board lover boy. Why are you so happy?
(She sits down next to him.)

John
Well, I know that we are supposed to go out with each other. But....... I like someone.

Kristen
Who, I think I know who it is? But just tell me.

John
His name is Patrick. Do-

Kristen
Patrick, awww I love him to death. How cute. You and Patrick. Wait, does he know?

John
Yea, I told him like a couple of days ago. And he likes me too. But, I am just afraid of tell anyone else. I mean I know he won't tell anyone. It's just like if someone sees us, my parents will like kill me. I really like him. He's funny and cute.

Kristen
Well, I am sure they will not kill you. Come on now a day, being gay is ok. I know our town in very conservative and like against things like this, but, I did not judge you. But, I might as well tell you who I like.

John
Oh, so you like someone. Now who is the lucky boy to get you?
(Peter just came from upstage right and entered the classroom).

Kristen
Oh hi, Peter. Yea, could you just look at the papers on the desk there? That is what we are going to be talking about today. We have a couple more minutes and hopefully one more person is on their way.

Peter
Sure.

Kristen
Thanks.
(Turning back to John.)
That's him. We both like each other, but won't do anything about it. I want him to ask me out but it is never the right time.

John
I know how you feel. I was like that when I first liked Patrick. But, we just talked about it and in the end I just asked him out. And I still do not know what to do about telling my parents. I mean his parents know about him and me, but you know my parents. I think my mom would die, if I told her I am gay. My dad would kill me. His son the captain of the football team being gay.

Kristen
I am sure that they would be mad, but it is not like they would not get over it after awhile. But, I think if you don't feel comfortable telling them, then wait till you are comfortable telling them. I mean I think you and Patrick are really cute together. Like I really don't feel comfortable telling anyone about Peter and me but if he and I do go out then it will get out sooner or later. So being me I would rather that I tell people then people gossip about it.

John
True, I guess after awhile I will tell my parents.
(At this time Patrick walks in and sits with John and Kristen.)
Hey, how was your day?

Patrick
(Takes Johns hand).
It was good, I got all of my stuff done and I got a solo in the choir show two weeks from now. How was your day Kristen? I already know how Johns went.
(John and Patrick smile.)

Kristen
It was good, everyone still want me and John to go out. But I like some one else. And also you and John are going out. So it would be weird for me.

Patrick
Oh, who is the lucky boy?

John
She likes Peter.
(He looks over at Peter. John smiles.)

Peter
Kristen hey it's about time to start and it doesn't look like we have a lot of people. So what do you want to do?


Kristen
Well, the stuff we were going to be talking about today can wait till the next meeting. So do you guys just want to talk?
(The guys nod. Peter comes over to the table were the rest are sitting and sits next to Kristen.)

Peter
I don't mean to be straight forward but are you two going out?

John
Yea, it has only been a couple of day.

Peter
Cool, congrats. I mean I knew Patrick was gay but I didn't think John was too. That's cool.

John
Ahh, thank you.
(Confused)

Patrick
Yea I know that some people can't see John as gay, but he is a sweet heart.

Kristen
Aww, I think you guys look cute.
(Peter turns to Kristen.)

Peter
Kristen, I have a question for you.

Kristen
Yea, what is your question?

Peter
Well, now that I know you are not going out with John I was wondering would you like to go out with me. I mean I know we like each other and I wanted to wait till the right time to ask you

Kristen
I would love to go out with you.
(Kristen and Peter hug. Nancy comes walking down the hall from upstage.)

Patrick
Aww, how cute is that. I am so happy for you guys.


John
I knew how much Kristen liked you Peter, you are lucky to have her. And you better be good to her.

Kristen
John, he just asked me out, please don't run him off already.
(They all laugh, and as they are laughing Nancy walks in.)

Nancy
Hey Kristen, I was wondering when practice tomorrow. Oh hi John.

John
Hey Nancy. Why don't you come in and sit down with us.
(She comes in and sits down in between John and Kristen.)

Kristen
Oh, practice is at 4 tomorrow.

Nancy
Ok thank you.

Kristen
Hey, Nancy I have something to tell you and you can not freak.

Nancy
Ok what is it?

Kristen
Well, as you know I do not want to go out with John, because I liked someone else.

Nancy
Yea, what about it?

Kristen
Well, I am now going out with that person I liked.

Nancy
What, Kristen you can't you'll be letting the whole town down. Who is it?

Kristen
Peter, we both have liked each other and he just asked me out.
(She takes Peters hand. Nancy got a very confused look on her face.)

Peter
Yea, I actually have liked you for a long time. Try when I first moved here.

Kristen
Wow, I didn't know you liked me then. I didn't even know you knew who I was then. I mean that was before I became head cheerleader. And I did like you then too.
(They all laughed.).

Nancy
Wait, Kristen. No offence to Peter, but your family will freak. I mean I am ok with it, I mean I don't really like it. But I bet your family will not be. And yours too John.

John
Well, I think my family will have more things to worry about.
(He brings his and Patrick's hands up on the table to show that they were together.)

Patrick
Yea.

Kristen
Yea, I agree with the both of them.

Nancy
Wait, so John and Patrick are going out and so are you and Peter. Wow, way to much information for one day. I really don't like any of this. Kristen come one. You cant go out with Peter and John you cant....with...him!

Kristen
Wow, Nancy. Calm down. I mean when I first heard about them I was like ok? But, after we talked I say it was not so bad. But I have known about John being gay for a while now. But, don't tell anyone. Let them tell people. Last thing we need is gossip. Ok?

Nancy
I will not tell anyone. I know how much gossip can spread to the parents in the town. Even if I don't agree with this.

Kriste
Fine, you can have you option of this. But, pinky swear.
(They link pinkies and kiss their thumbs.)
Ok.

Nancy
Ok I have to go. I just came back to ask you about practice. Bye all.

All
Bye
( Nancy exits the room and exit off stage down stage right.)

John
Wow that was not that hard. I mean she can think how ever she wants. Maybe I will tell my parents. Well, not today but this week.
(They all laugh.)

Peter
Yea, now Kristen just has to tell her family that we are going out. I would love to see their face when she tells them.

Kristen
Well, your wish is granted. You will be there. I need some one with me. I can't do it alone.

Patrick
(Laughs at Peter, who looks scared.)
Well, at least you like her; I mean I wouldn't go with her.

Kristen
Hey, well I bet you have to go with John when he tells his parents.

Patrick
Well, I don't know. If I have to I will.

John
I agree you will be there right next to me when I tell them; I can't do it alone just like Krissy.

Peter
Now you know how I feel. But, I rather be there with her and help her out. Then to leave her alone and maybe lose my girlfriend.
(Kristen kisses Peter's cheek.)

Kristen
Aww, thanks hun.
(Looks at the clock on the wall).
Well, it is almost time to go. I need to get home and call the girls, to tell them about tomorrows practice.


John
Yea, me too. I need to get home before my mom gets mad. I mean she knows I have a club, but I still need to home at a good time. Dinner, homework, and she wants me to stretch every night and then get a good nights sleep. Sometimes I hate being the captain of the football team. Don't you feel that sometimes you hate being the head cheerleader sometimes Krissy?

Kristen
Yea, I do. Sometimes I just wish I didn't come from a family of head cheerleaders. I mean all of my sisters were and so was my mom, and her mom, and her mom. I think you got the idea.
(They all nod and laugh. Kristen get up and heads to the desk to start to packs up.)

Peter
Yea I need to go to. I need to get to band practice. You guys should come see us sometime. Oh, and Kristen do you think I could call you tonight.

Kristen
Yea, sure. Once I am done putting things away. I will give you my number.
(She wipes the board off.)

Peter
Ok

John
Ok, well we are going to be taking off.
(John and Patrick grab their stuff.)

Patrick
Yea, bye.

Kristen
No wait, we'll walk out with you.

John
Ok
(Kristen hurries the get everything together. Once she is done she writes down her number and hand it to Peter.)

Peter
Thanks, I will call you after practice.

Kristen
Cool. I will be waiting for your call.


John
Ready?
(They all nod. John and Patrick exit the door first and hold hands. Kristen grabs her back and bag. But Peter takes her bag, and then takes her hand.)

All
Bye, see you tomorrow.
(They exit and the two couples walk to up stage and John and Patrick exit up stage left and Kristen and Peter exit up stage right. The curtain falls.)
Sign up to rate and review this story