Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Missing You

Happy Birthday, Harry?!?

by MandelisChaos 1 review

Harry's 17th birthday isn't your average birthday. He has to deal with one Ginny Weasley on his case. Does Harry still love Ginny? We'll find out!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Ginny - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-12 - Updated: 2007-04-13 - 1214 words

-1MarySue
Happy Birthday, Harry?!?

"Happy birthday, Harry!" the Weasleys all said as Harry walked down to the kitchen the morning of his birthday. Harry smiled and tried to smooth out his hair.

"Thanks, everyone, way to wake a man up on the morning of his birthday with a pillow to the face and yelling in his ears," Harry joked and the whole family laughed. Harry took his usual birthday seat next to Ginny and Fred. Ginny placed a hand lightly on his knee and smiled at him. Harry inched his knee away from her hand and Ginny grew frustrated.

"What's wrong?" Ginny whispered to Harry as they walked away form the breakfast table and into the living room for Harry's presents.

"I'll talk to you later. Right now I'd like to enjoy my birthday," Harry said as he walked over to sit next to Ron on the sofa. A large pile of presents wer put in front of him and he sent out ot work on which ones he'd open in front of Ginny and which ones he'd open when he was either alone or in the company of Ron, Hermione, or both.

~~~*~

Soon, they were done with the morning events of breakfast and presents and were now starting to get into the normal daily activities of games and homework. Ginny was sitting next to Harry at the table as he and Hermione were workind on their homework. Well, she was working, Harry kept feeling Ginny glance at him every few seconds.

"What was up with you this morning?" Ginny asked as Hermione left with her things to go talk to Ron about starting to work on his homework as well.

"Nothing, Ginny, but I thought that you understood that I can't be with anyone right now because of Voldemort and this war," Harry whispered back not wanting to annoy Mrs. Weasley with their talk of war, and she was usually the one with the good ears.

"Harry," Ginny whined, "I still want to be with you. I just want to be able to kiss you every now and then and have your arms around me to tell me that everything's ok," Ginny said and rested her head on his shoulder, but Harry stood up gathering books and parchment as he went.

"I've got homework to do," Harry mumbled and ran up the stairs. Harry slammed open the door to Ron's room and he flung his bag down on the foot of his bed and flew onto it.

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked and Harry let out a frustrated sigh. He flipped over so he was looking at Hermione and groaned at one of the springs poking into his ribs.

"One word...Ginny," Harry said and Hermione nodded, but she didn't bother to press the issue because she asumed that Harry had had enough people badgering him at the moment and it was bad enough that she was on his case abou his grades. Harry shook his head as he got of his bed and kneeled looking threw his trunk. "Here it is," Harry said pulling out a dust-covered book. "I got this today from the Ministry. They said it was something of my dad's," Harry said and opened up the book to find pictures of James Potter and his best friends on every page.

"Look at Remus in that picture," Ron said and Harry nodded and smiled as he saw his mother enter the picture. It looked like Lily Evans was yelling at James for something about exploding cauldrons.

"They didn't get along well did they?" Hermione asked and Harry shook his head. He smiled fondly as he looked at a picture of his mother and father arguing.

"Not until their last year of Hogwarts is what Sirius said," Harry said to Hermione and she nodded. Ron looked at the next picture of the five of them and glared at Petigrew.

"They all looked so happy," Hermione commented and Harry nodded. "I wonder what drove Peter to betray James and Lily. They were so close," Hermione said in a sad almost depressed tone.

"What ever happened I'm going to find out," Harry said and Hermione nodded. Ron sat silently threw this and just clenched his fists at Petigrew. Harry put the book away after looking threw half of the pictures and realizing the time.

"Time for bed, I guess. We've got to go shopping tomorrow," Hermione said and Harry nodded. "What are we going to do about the Horcruxes?" Hermione asked and Harry shrugged. He really hadn't thought about Voldemort, and the only thought that went threw his mind was to just get threw Hogwarts and see Mandy again.

"Let's get threw the year first," Harry said and crawled into bed. He pulled the covers over his head to drown out the sounds of Ron and Hermione kissing goodnight. That night he tossed and turned in his sleep thinking of the only girl that was on his mind.

~~~*~

"Ginny just hand me the dung bomb and no one gets hurt," Ron said as Harry and Hermione stood back and watched the two argue over the last issue of Quidditch Weekly.

"I have a way to end this," Harry said walking over to the rack and buying the last issue. Ginny and Ron's jaws dropped and Hermione tried, and failed, to stifle her laughing. "There. Now you two don't have anything to fight about," Harry said and Hermione giggled.

"Harry! That's not fair!" Ginny whined loudly. Ron laughed and Harry handed him the magazine to read first. If this was going to happen every time they went into that blasted Quidditch store then Hermione wasn't going to be able to hold bach her laughter next time.

"He'll read it first and then you can read it...Merlin! It's called sharing," Harry said and Hermione smiled and laughed again. It was so simple, but the youngest Weasley's could make anything into a small war amongst themselves.

"I know what it's called, Harry, what I don't get is why you have to be such a git!" Ginny yelled at Harry and stormed out of the store. Harry stood there for a moment before turning to look at Ron. Ron shrugged and Hermione sighed.

"She still loves you, Harry," Hermione said quietly and Harry nodded. That much was obvious, the only problem was that Harry loved Mandy, though his head wouldn't admit it, his heart was saying loud and clear through his dreams and his actions toward Ginny.

"I know. That's what makes this so hard. I don't have feelings for her," Harry said and sighed before running out of the store to catch Ginny. "Ginny! Wait!" Harry yelled as he saw her running toward Knockturn Alley. Harry tried to catch up, but when he got to the beginning of the alley Ginny was gone. Ron was going to kill him...

((I hope everyone likes the new chapter. I'm trying to get back into the routine of updating, but things are hard at home. I'm typing as fast as I can!! Hope you'll review!!))
~me~

Disclaimer (for the whole story): The only things I own from this story are the following; Mandy Malcolm, Mandelis, Sirus J.P., Queen Markesta, and anything that has nothing to do with Harry Potter.
Sign up to rate and review this story