Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alter Ego

Learn to Fly

by aqueous 2 reviews

The crew finally get on their plane, Jay is obessing over Theresa, when she meets a new friend.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-14 - Updated: 2007-04-14 - 1034 words

2Original
The crew sat at the local airport waiting for their plane to arrive. All their minds were fixed on the current events, and what was to come next. Jay sat dumbfounded for the first time in his life. Usually he understood what was happening around him, and why. He'd always be able to tell what was coming next but this was the first of several surprises to come. It caught him off balance, and he had no one to catch him as he fell.

"Jay you look like you've lost your best friend!" Theresa sad plopping down on the chair beside him. He just looked over at her calmly. "You should be happy right now, this is such an amazing experience!" She had a smile on his face and touched his arm lightly.

"I know..." he said quietly looking down at her hand which moved away. "I just--this is the first time I'm caught off guard." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"And you're scared?" she asked looking at him although he wouldn't look her in the eye. Before he could answer their plane's arrival was paged over head. With that they all took their luggage and boarded their plane to Rome.

- - - -

"I can't believe my seat is next to you." Atlanta said gruffly to Archie who had a smug grin on his face.

"They must have known how much you love me." He chuckled pulling the handle beside his seat so the back reclined. She glared at him, then over to Theresa who had piked the seats. She smiled and shrugged.

Herry sat next to Jay, he had tried to start conversation but Jay was in another world. Theresa had her own seat by a very good looking young man who was in his twenties. Jay was eyeing the two, he couldn't help but be a little bit worried. Or so he figured.

"Jay," Herry said nudging him, "Are you even listening to me?" Jay paid little attention to him. "What's so interesting that's over there..." Herry turned his head to where Jay was looking. He noticed Theresa, and decent looking man. Herry began laughed suddenly.

"What?" Jay turned around to question his friend.

"You're jealous aren't you?" He said still laughing, "Although I'm sure you'll never admit it." He buckled his seat belt.

"You're right I wouldn't--I'm just worried about her..." He continued eyeing Herry, "We don't know who that guy is, and he must be in his 20s at least!" Herry just laughed more.

"Sure, but you know Theresa can take well enough care of herself, and I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate you wanting to get invovled." He sighed and looked out the window, his friend seemed so helpless sometimes. Herry began a different discussion to attempt to get his mind off her.

"Are you going to Rome on business?" The man asked with a charming smile. He was himself, his laptop sitting up on his lap.

"Oh--no." She said nervously, she didn't want to give off the impression of immaturity. "It's a college program..." she smiled tugging some hair behind her ear. She had learned his name, Jeff. Jeff was the exact type she loved. He knew where he wanted to go in life, he was forward but not too bold. His style was very casual he wore stylish blue jeans and a knit red sweater with the sleeves rolled up. His hair was auburn and it was kept tidy and short. He was clean shaven and fairly slender, with green eyes. She felt like she could sit and talk to him forever.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Jay glancing over to them curiously more than a few times. she wondered why he had such fascination with them, she had been talking to him earlier and he had no interest in paying attention to her, but now that a guy was around? She blocked him from her mind and carried on her conversation with Jeff.

"Is this your first time in Europe?" He said intently, he pulled up photos of his travels through Europe. This was going to be his second visit.

"I actually live in England." Theresa said, she leaned over giggling at some of the funny pictures he had brought up. Especially one of him and his friends in a local tavern in Prague.

"Last time I was here it was for college," he said continuing the story, "My friends and I traveled the world for a few years, it was the time of my life." He looked at her with a smile on his face, "I hope you and your friends have a great time, you'll never want to go home I'm sure." He closed his laptop, and they carried on their conversation for the whole plane ride.

Odie sat next to Neil. Not much had been said, Odie was so engulfed in his laptop, he was reading some recent articles on digg.com his favourite tech news website. Neil sat fixing his hair in his portable mirror, and smiling at himself. On the off chance he'd wink at a girl and say something witty. To which Odie would roll his eyes at.

Archie slowly fell asleep as Atlanta gazed eagerly out the window. He'd rather be at home sleeping right now than being on this silly plane to Rome, which meant nothing to him. Atlanta hit his arm.

"Look Archie!" She pulled him to look out the window, his eyes were half closed. "It's Rome, isn't it beautiful?!" He face was in awe, she had never seen anything like this living in Canada. He yawned and murmured.

"Nothing I haven't seen before." He sat back in his seat stretching his arms with another giant arm.

"How can you not appreciate this!" she said angrily, "This is the greatest opportunity of our life and you're just sitting her sleeping the day away!" She crossed her arms across her chest.

"Why do you care what I think, or experience?" He said coldly, settling himself once more.

"I don't, but we don't need you to ruin the fun of everything." She ignored what he said further and gazed out the window.
Sign up to rate and review this story