Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secret Girls

Part 3 ~ Our Nerves Worried ~

by hyperballad13 2 reviews

Upon hearing of Patrick's engagement, Erica, his close friend, has to come to terms with her own emotions for him, and let them go. Should Erica give up on her feelings for Patrick or confess all, ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-14 - Updated: 2007-04-14 - 1148 words

2Original
Part 3

Erica was back at home. Sitting at her breakfast. She leaned her head on the breakfast bar. The cold marble against her forehead. She groaned to herself. Trying not to burst into tears. Erica couldn't believe she was breaking her heart again. Falling in love with those who could not and will not return it. Especially one of her closest friends. She had been back from shopping for about an hour and was dreading the close evening. An engagement party. She should be dressed. Smart and gorgeous. Yet she just wanted to sleep. Patrick's party was the last place she would like to be. But she had an obligation. Erica sighed. Trying desperately to stop the thoughts whirling around in her head. Her door knocked again.

"It's open." She muffled from the kitchen. She was not heard and the knock on the door became louder. "I SAID IT'S OPEN."

Her apartment door opened and in came Pete. Dressed smart casually. Pete was Patrick's closest male friend and Erica's fashion guru. She would have smiled at him but he, like Patrick, knew when it was false. She kept her head against the side.

"Erica, please tell me you are not passed out drunk already."

"Purlease Pete." She said not looking at him. "I am in a comfortable position."

"And you haven't even started getting ready. You know too well it's going to take you about two hours to get dressed."

"Firstly, Pete, shut up, Secondly, I'm not going."

Pete gasped slightly, "You of all people cannot not go."

"Watch me."

"What's wrong Erica?"

"Headache." She said, looking up at him, "Bad one."

"Really?"

"Yes really."

"And I'm supposed to believe this."

Erica saw Pete raise an eyebrow though it was hidden behind his fringe. He folded his tanned arms and peered at her. Trying to read her.

"Yes you are, I have a headache and it is standing right in front of me."

She pointed at Pete who was startled with indignation. He walked forward glaring at her and pulled up a chair next to Erica.

"Erica you have to go."

"No no I don't."

"Yes you do and I have plenty of good reasons for you to go."

"Oh really? Divulge please."

Pete wrapped one arm around her. Holding out his other as he began to count.

"One, you are one of Patrick's closest friends."

"True."

"Two, it is going to be an amazing party."

"Again true."

"And three," Pete let go of Erica and began to beg. "Ryan is going to be there and I need someone there to give me confidence. Please please please"

Erica smiled at him. "You really like him, don't you?"

"Yes," Pete's cheeks blushed. He became terribly shy. Cowering at the question. Erica looked at him. She breathed out and said,

"Okay, fine you win."

"Awesome."

"Just please don't make me dress up."

"I wouldn't dream of it. But please, dress okay-ish"

Erica pushed him as he giggled at her. She left him to his own devices and began to run herself a bath. Placing some pampering oils into the water. She climbing in and enjoyed how the warm water seeped in and calmed down her senses. In this serene environment the thoughts of her love ebbed away. With the scents her worries and anxieties vaporised and she felt complete. She closed her eyes and dreamed of everything. Wishing that she could stay in this relaxation forever.

"ERICA" there was a sharp knock, "You have got like half an hour."

"Go away Pete."

She could hear him muttering under his breath. She came back to earth with a crash landing. Removing her self from the bath and sliding over to her bedroom. She picked out a generally nice top she always wore. Some casual jeans and her converse. She poked and prodded at her, what she thought, imperfect body. Nowhere near as good looking as Debbie. Flat vs. Fat she thought, I know what I'd pick. Erica had applied some basic makeup. Feeling like a fool. She grabbed hold of a small gift and card she had bought. Trying to hold herself together. Erica walked out of the bedroom. Pete looked up from the television.

"You ready yet?"

"Yes."

"I suppose you'll do."

Erica looked at him with a sense of loathing. "Coming from you? What's with the fucking leather gloves man?"

"I think they give me a bit of an edge."

"More like they make you look like a pervert."

"Fuck you." Pete said through a smile. They began to walk out of Erica's flat. Walking slowly down the hallway to the door that had a baseline blaring from it.

"Perv pervy pervy pervy pervy perrrrrrrrr verrrrrrrrrrttttttttt," Erica was singing. "Pete the pervert. Pervy Pete ha ha that has a ring to it. Pervy Pete and Randy Ryan. What a cute couple?"

"Quite you," Pete had pushed her into a wall. He wasn't angry at her. Erica was showing evident signs of nervous. As she did every party. This was her way of letting out steam.

"Don't push me FOOL." She nudged him back laughing. Pete rapped his hand upon the door. "Do we have to do this? I could be at home watching some shitty reality TV show, and laughing at people who seem in a worse of position than I, that sounds so much better than doing this."

"Erica I know something is wrong with you, I'm going to find out. But not now."

The door had opened. Pete became extremely timid. Ryan was staring at him. Both hearts could be heard. Bashfully Ryan began to speak.

"Hey Pete glad you could make it."

Erica coughed. "Erm hello?"

"Oh hey Erica," Ryan said off handed as if she wasn't there. "Come in come in, the night is young."

Ryan beckoned for Pete and Erica to come in. His concentration fully upon Pete. Erica grabbed Pete back quickly whilst Ryan turned his back.
She leaned over and whispered in his ear. "Pete for the love of god just screw him already, I'm getting sick of the eye fucks you give each other."

Pete stuck his tongue between his teeth. Showing evident signs of small dreams he was having. He winked at Erica and soon dissolved into the crowd at the party. Erica stood in the arch of the door. Scanning the mostly recognisable mass. Except those she assumed were Debbie's friends. Erica was finally taking in the people until she spotted the happy couple. Entwined around each other. She breathed in and took a step. Trying to block out Debbie and Patrick. She caught an eye at the kitchen with a drink in his hand. Waving madly at her. Oh thank fuck Joe's got me a drink. She smiled and waved back. Shutting the door with no possible way to turn back. The night, had just begun.

***
Ciao Bella
Sign up to rate and review this story