Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

i swear i'd burn the city down to show you the light

by watch_the_sky 3 reviews

this is basically just a filler chapter, i kind of lost sight of where i was going with this for a while; but im ready to get it going again. *reviews are always helpful and appreciated.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-15 - 1508 words - Complete

3Moving
Cautiously pulling her car out of the snow covered parking lost next to her apartment building, Ana brought her attention back to the conversation at hand, adjusting the ear piece of her cell phone on her ear as Janelle inquired her intentions from the other end of the conversation.

"Why do you have to try to be together?"

"I don't know, I mean, I guess that's sort of a big step for us, after everything that happened."

"Ha, big step?" Janelle laughed, "You went from avoiding him completely, to fucking him like an animal, I'm sure, and now you think dating is a big step? You guys should, in all honesty, probably just skip right to the marital step, move into a suburban two story with a dog and a white picket fence while you grow old together making a hundred babies. I don't even know him and I know that."

"Thanks for the encouragement" Ana huffed, cursing the persistent red lights of the Chicago suburbs under her breathe.

"Where are you going now?"

"Dinner with the parental, and apparently my future in-laws." Ana joked.

Janelle's laughter echoed through Ana's ear piece, "And how exactly is that going to work out? I would assume you've taken off the ring, what are you going to tell them?"

Ana sighed heavily, "We have a story; it's elaborate and loosely based on the truth. Patrick acts as the hero in the end, they'll buy it."

"It'll be a Grammy worthy performance, I'm sure."

"That's the Oscars, you tart, but yeah, most likely."

"So when do I get to meet Prince MTV in the flesh? I mean, I've already heard so much about him ..."

"New Years" Ana laughed, "Don't worry, you'll approve, I'm sure."

Patrick was exiting the front door of his childhood home as Ana pulled up in front of her grandmother's house, situated conveniently across the street. Pulling the hood of his jacket up over his head, he made his way to her car as she ended the endearing conversation she was consumed in.

"Are you ready?" Patrick inquired with a smile, as he opened the door of the car for her, graciously taking her hand and helping her out onto the slick frost covered pavement.

"As ready as I can be" Ana sighed heavily as Patrick pushed the car door shut, wrapping his free arm around her waist; pulling him closer by the belt loops on his pants, Ana slid her hands into his back pockets before gently pressing her lips to his. Smiling into her lips, Patrick rested his right hand on her wait as their lips parted, resting his forehead against hers, her eyes still closed, a small smile spreading across her lips. For so long they had wished for this feeling, longing for the connection they ignored for most of their lifelong friendship.

"Anabella Genevamarie Stumotrolazera!" Boomed from behind them, "What the hell do you think you're doing? Your mother would be turning in her grave." Patrick forced himself to stifle the laugh at her overly important sounding name, always making him chuckle, but holding it back now as his entire body froze, Ana tensing in his arms, fear and anger lingering in the air.

"Oh daddy" Ana sighed, taking Patrick's hand and leading him to the house, "There are a lot of things I have to tell you."

"Anabella daring" Patrick's stepmother cooed as she and Patrick made their way into the living room, "It's so nice to finally have you and Patrick home together for a holiday."

Ana offered a shy smile as she pulled Patrick along with her, following her less than pleased farther into the kitchen, where her grandmother was bustling around, checking on the progress of the dinner, her eyes lighting up as Ana and Patrick entered, hand in hand.

"What up Stump?" Ana's brother Eric called, nodding to Patrick and making his way around his grandmother to steal a sample of dinner, his hunger forcing him to be nosey and annoying.

"Eric, out!" Their father called, pointing to the kitchen door.

"Ohhh" Eric whined, maturely enough for a 25 year old, "She's getting yelled at isn't she? Why can't I witness?"

"Eric, honey, I'm sure he'll scream loud enough for you to hear in the living room." Grams assured with a sarcastic smile, shuffling Eric out the door before rejoining the situation at hand.

"Don't tell me you're running around, Anabella." Her father's voice calmed after her brother retreated to the living room, "What kind of girl have you become?"

"Arthur, let the girl explain before you go off condoning her." Grams interrupted, patting Ana on the shoulder with a comforting smile, "I'm sure she has a very reasonable explanation."

Ana sighed as Patrick shifted, visibly uncomfortable, unsure of what to do or what to say, "I saw him in New York, he was with another girl." Most of her story was based on the truth, he had never told her that it was over, he did nothing but ignore her and honest emotions broke through as tears well up in her eyes, "Patrick was in New York, he was therefore me the entire time."

"You're not pregnant, are you?" Her father interjected.

"Arthur!" Grams interjected then, an angry warning in her tone.

"No, I'm not pregnant." Ana sighed, squinting back the tears, "He never loved me Daddy, he used me and strung me along after he was deployed."

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry, I didn't know." Her father cooed, calmly, as she dropped Patrick's hand and succumbed to the comfort of her fathers arms. "I always knew he was a bastard! But you loved him so much; I just wanted to make you happy. I should have never given him that damn ring!"

"It isn't your fault Daddy; no one could have known this was going to happen. We were in love, I was in love, I didn't know he would turn out like this." Patrick's facial expression dropped further at every mention of the love she had previously experienced, a love that should have rightfully been his in the first place.

"Why him, you hated him for so long? I know you ignored him for years baby, I'm not completely dense." Ana's father interjected, eyeing Patrick as Ana pulled away, wiping the stray tears from her eyes before returning to Patrick's side, taking his hand again and squeezing it tight.

"It was a long flight home, we worked it out, I made a stupid mistake when I was younger, I didn't know any better" Ana explained, offering Patrick a weak smile, a smile he forced himself to return, "You never know what you have until its gone, and I was too blind to see that what I wanted was hiding right in front of me the entire time."

"Well then" Ana's father, Arthur sighed, "As long as you're happy, I'm happy." Redirecting his comments to Patrick, he warned half-joking, mostly serious, "But if you hurt her, I may have to kill you."

Patrick laughed nervously, clutching Ana's hand tighter as she snuggled closer to him, "I have no intention of hurting her Sir; believe me."

"Alright then" Arthur smiled, "Your father was telling me about this boat you have just purchased; I'd like to hear more about that over dinner."

"Yes sir" Patrick nodded as Ana's father made his way back to the living room, to rejoin his company.

Ana properly greeted her grandmother now with a hug, snooping to check out this evening's dinner. "You take good care of that boy Anabella" Grams whispered in Ana's ear as she embraced her only granddaughter in a welcoming hug, "He'll love you with all of his heart, you take care of him." Ana nodded with a smile, before leading Patrick out to join the company, but not before stopping abruptly in the dining room, whispering quietly just out of ear shot.

"What's wrong?" Ana inquired, taking his hand, Patrick said nothing, shaking his head and offering nothing but a smile. "Seriously" Ana questioned again, "What's wrong? I still know you better than you think Tricky, you can't lie to me."

"It's nothing" Patrick sighed, his right hand reaching up to graze her cheek, "I'm proud of you for finally coming clean."

"It's nothing to be proud of" Ana sighed, placing her hand over his, her eyes averting to the floor, "I should have done it a long time ago, but I was too afraid to own up to my own mistakes. But really, if there's something wrong, please tell me."

Gently placing his lips to hers, Patrick assured her that all was calm in his mind before leading her out to join their families; his father just shaking his head with a smile as they took a seat together on the sofa.

"Your grandmother has been betting on the odds on you two since you were 14 years old" Ana's grandfather laughed, "I'm hoping her old age has gotten to her and she won't realize I owe her a hundred dollars."
Sign up to rate and review this story