Categories > Original > Mystery > Drowning Memories: Gone But Not Forgotten

Chapter Four

by the_oddity 0 reviews

Rachael talks to her aunt, who is happy that Rachael is making friends.

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 211 words

0Unrated
David showed Rachael the second floor, as planned. It was no secret that the news of Rachael's parents' death had temporarily shut David's mouth. Rachael hoped that he would say something soon, for fear that they would lose that wonderful friendship connection that she hoped would continue to grow.
David cleared his throat. He opened his mouth like he was about to say something and- the bell rang. He sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow, Rachael," he said. Rachael had a feeling that what he just said was different than what he would have said if the bell hadn't rung.
Rachael waved him goddbye. He walked backwards towards the door so that he was still facing Rachael and brought his hand up into a salute. He smiled and then turned and left.
Rachael wished she had hugged him. She felt like he deserved it. He had helped her around on her first day and became her only friend. She sighed and walked outside.
Her aunt was waiting for her in her car. Aunt Bee smiled as Rachael climbed inside. "How did things go?" she asked Rachael. "Great," she replied. "Make any friends?" her aunt asked as she began to drive home. "Yes," Rachael said, and then, "His name's David," with a smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story