Categories > Original > Mystery > Drowning Memories: Gone But Not Forgotten

Chapter Five

by the_oddity 0 reviews

Rachael meets David in an unlikely place.

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 235 words

0Unrated
Feeling exceptionally happy, Rachael took a walk in her new neighborhood. The weather was perfect: the sun was hidden by wispy little clouds so that the perfect amount of warmth and sunlight leaked through. The wind breezed by gently, softly sifting through her hair.
She pulled the hair tie out of her hair and let her hair fall around her shoulders. The soft breeze felt even more wonderful.
She walked a couple blocks without thinking about anything at all. And then David popped up in her head. She imagined his appearance and let his image fill her mind. And then she saw him right in front of her. She thought she was imagining it, but then she could feel his presence. The he spoke to her.
"Rachael! Never thought I'd see you here!" "David!" Rachael felt her mouth creep up into a smile. He strode up to her. "Is this your new neighborhood?" he asked her. Rachael nodded. David smiled. "Sweet!" "What?" Rachael asked, feeling she was missing something obvious. David laughed. "I live here, too" she had missed somthing obvious. "I thought I wouldn't see you until tomorrow," David said. Rachael spread her arms apart. "Well, here I am!" David laughed again.
Rachael and David talked for what seemed like hours, about music and bands, school and teachers. When David left, Rachael couldn't help feeling she was being stared at while she walked home.
Sign up to rate and review this story