Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secret Girls

Part 7 ~ Our Anger Heightens ~

by hyperballad13 3 reviews

Upon hearing of Patrick's engagement, Erica, his close friend, has to come to terms with her own emotions for him, and let them go. Should Erica give up on her feelings for Patrick or confess all, ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-17 - Updated: 2007-04-17 - 1065 words

1Original
1 month later
(3 weeks, 6 days, 6 hours, 24 minutes, 34 seconds, 35 36 37 38.....)

Erica sat in a cafe in the city. Still feeling jet lagged though she had been back for almost a week. She was distinctly pale. England was well known for the lack of sunlight. She didn't care. Erica got enough of it from America. It was nice for a trip down memory lane. Even if her mother inquired about her love life. Erica sighed and looked out upon the city that was rushing past. The trip hadn't cleared her mind. In fact it had made it worse. Every day she just thought about how much she missed Patrick. And how far away he was. However, she had been back for a week. No sign of Patrick. No call. No response. Patrick must of got the letter, it wasn't there on the side. Erica leaned against her hand. Stirring mindlessly the almost empty cup of coffee. Wishing her heart would take a running leap of a cliff and leave her alone.

The door of the cafe open. A quick burst of wind rushed in. Erica snapped out of her day dream. As most would do, she turned to the door. Taking in the details of the person who walked in. Immediately her heart sank. Debbie. Looking gorgeous as ever. With a snow white expensive jacket./ Please don't see me, please don't see me, please don't see me, please don't see me, Erica muttered to herself, God if you loved me, please don't let her -/

"Erica HI!" Debbie said in her high pitched false squeal. She was at the counter ordering.

God, where did we go wrong? We had such a good relationship and now you just ruined it. Why me? What did I ever do to you?

"Erm hi....Debbie."

Debbie began to walk over. Erica moved her bags from the opposite chair. Giving room, grudgingly to Debbie.

"Erica it is lovely to see you."

"Yeah same here same here."

"We didn't realise you were back, being so busy and all, you know what Patrick is like," Debbie giggled, in a laugh that sounded like nails scraping down a chalk board.

"Yeah," Erica clenched her fist. Her nails dug into her skin. She smiled though she was in attack mode.

"So how long have you - been back?"

"About a week."

"Really?"

"Yeah, sorry I haven't been in touch, being so busy and all, you know what us British are like."

"Hmm yeah," Debbie snarled. Giving Erica a once over with daggers in her eyes.

/I tell you what Debbie, give me that look again and I'll poke your eyes out. Then wear them around my fucking neck in fucking victory/.
"I never got to say congratulations properly"

"Thank you, do you like the ring?"

Debbie waved her hand in front of Erica's face. Erica caught a glimpse. Nodding her head with obligation.

"Oh that's really something."

"AND," Debbie grabbed at her necklace, "Patrick bought me this. Isn't he a sweetheart?"

"Yeah, that's Patrick," Erica couldn't help smiling into her cup. With the thought of Patrick and the thought of the charm bracelet that Debbie could have had. / HA HA HA HA HA HA HA/, Erica was laughing in her head. She craved nothing more than to have someone spill boiling coffee all over Debbie and her white jacket.

"Look Erica I'm glad your back."

Erica spat out her coffee. Shocked. She looked up at Debbie. Feeling that this could be all a trick. "Hmmm," she replied.

"Yeah I needed a word," Debbie lowered her tone. Leaning in to Erica.

"Really? What about?"

"Let's cut the nice crap Erica." Debbie eyes were alive. At last the true colours were beginning to shine. Erica had wondered how long it would take. "You don't like me, I don't like you."

"Wow at least we agree."

"Hmmm, well, I just happened to read you're little note to Patrick."

Erica choked on her own pulse. Debbie had read the letter. This was only a sign of trouble. "You read the letter?"

"Yes I did, cute."

Bitch, die already. Erica was holding on to her patience. It hung on a very thin thread.

"Thanks."

"Look, Erica," she practically spat out the name. As if "Erica" left a bad taste in her mouth, "I'm not going to pretend I like you're friendship with Patrick."

"You don't pretend anyway."

"Shut up and let me finish," Debbie's face was now contorted in the worst manner. She had the look of pure evil. Her eyes flashing in delight. "I want you to stay away from Patrick."

The mere order hit Erica. With full force. And full rage. Erica could feel it boiling up inside of her. "Debs, I hate to tell you this but it's going to be pretty hard."

"It's simple."

"Not if you live just down the hall."

"Then move." Debbie was now staring at Erica. "I don't want your grubby paws anywhere near my man."

"I'm sure Patrick will agree," Erica's voice was full of sarcasm, "I'm not moving for you."

"I want you as far away from him as possible."

"Why? Are you scared he'll leave you?"

Debbie pointed viciously. /Oh no Debbie don't point at me I am so scared, not. /Erica thought. She backed in her chair thought.

"Look, I don't care if you have to go back to your fucking country."

/Oh don't make me get patriotic on your ass/, Erica was so close to getting a criminal record.

"Debbie, I'm not going to stay away from Patrick, and I'm not trying to steal him from you. He's my friend, I have every right to see him."

"You have other friends. Like Pete and his boyfriend."

"You could learn something from those two."

Debbie had a look of disgust on her face. How dare Erica compare her to homosexuals?

"Listen, I am giving you a week to sit up and pay attention. If I find out after that you have been anywhere near Patrick, I will make your life a living hell."

"I'm looking forward to it."

Erica stood up. Holding onto the table to stop her lunging at Debbie. Debbie was still sat down. Erica pulled her bag over her shoulder.

"I'm warning you Erica."

"And I'm warning you, I don't need to listen to this, goodbye Debbie."

And Erica walked out. The frustration burning away at her soul.

*
Ciao Bella
Sign up to rate and review this story