Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secret Girls

Part 9 ~ Our Truths Unveiled~

by hyperballad13 5 reviews

Upon hearing of Patrick's engagement, Erica, his close friend, has to come to terms with her own emotions for him, and let them go. Should Erica give up on her feelings for Patrick or confess all, ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-17 - Updated: 2007-04-17 - 933 words

0Unrated
Part 9

Patrick and Debbie strolled into their apartment. Erica had requested to be left alone while she cleaned up the chaos. Patrick sighed, throwing his keys upon the side. Debbie removed her jacket, swinging it around and hanging it up.

"I can't believe someone would do that to Erica," Patrick said.

"I know," Debbie said, though it was far from convincing, "It's really terrible."

Patrick looked at her slightly. Tilting his head to study exactly what she was saying. He had a strange feeling that he couldn't shake off. Debbie stood facing him and neither knew exactly what to say to each other. Patrick was still annoyed that anyone would break into Erica's apartment and destroy it. Erica was, despite everything, one of his closest friends.

"I hope she catches whoever did it."

"Me too," Debbie shrugged him off. "Do you want a coffee?"

"No thank you, I'm not in the mood."

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know, I'm frustrated about Erica's apartment."

Debbie breathed in sharply. She didn't want to hear about Erica. "She's a big girl now, Patrick, she can handle it."

"I know you don't like her Debbie but no one deserves that."

"Hmm yeah your right."

Patrick didn't like her tone. It was increasingly worrying for him. Debbie didn't like Erica but what happened was harsh. Didn't Debbie agree? Patrick took off his own jacket and when to hang it up. Standing slightly on an object on the floor. It had fallen on the floor. Frowning, Patrick moved forward and picked it up. It was a piece of paper. And the piece of paper was wrapped around a key.

"Are you sure you do-" Debbie stopped in her tracks to find Patrick bewildered at what he found. Her mouth fell open out of panic. Patrick did not notice. Curious. He opened the paper. He read the first lines; /Dear Patrick/. He stopped. Sinking realisation hit the bottom of his stomach. His heart beat rising. Fury sweeping over him.

"But this is," He spun around to face Debbie. "This is my letter."

"I erm" Debbie, was completely speechless. For once in her life.

"Debbie this is my letter that Erica wrote for me, and this," he lifted the key up to Debbie, "This is Erica's spare key.

"Patrick it's not what it looks like."

"Oh really," Patrick voice was raising, "Because to me, it looks pretty incriminating. Debbie would you like to explain?"

Debbie was trying to come with some good excuse. She racked her brains. Nerves shimmering with worry. Anxiety. And sickening fear. "It's nothing, I just found them."

"Hmm really?" Patrick's anger was coming through. His temper was rising. "It was you who broke in, wasn't it?"

"Don't be ridiculous."

"Debbie do you really think I am that dumb?"

"No Patrick, I- "

Patrick slammed the key and note on the side. Debbie jumped from the force that he did it in.

"Patrick you don't understand."

"I knew you didn't like Erica but this, this is going too far Debbie."

"Patrick I did what I felt was right."

Patrick threw his hand into his air. "RIGHT? What the hell is right about destroying someone's possessions?"

"Patrick I did it for us."

Patrick laughed enraged. "Oh thank you very much, I'm glad you broke into Erica's apartment, tore the place apart, left her picking up the pieces and ruined her home. BECAUSE YOU DID IT FOR US!"

Patrick was now shouting. Debbie could feel the tears fill up inside her. Most of them were frustrated tears but some of them were because Patrick had never spoken to her like this before. His eyes were alive. And it wasn't love, it was pure loathing. Debbie had never seen it before. It shocked her completely.

"I couldn't stand by and do nothing, She's in love with you."
"Yeah so?"

"She was going to take you away from me, I had to do something,"

"You really are as stupid as you look, aren't you?"

"What?"

Patrick shook his head at her. "Erica wouldn't have taken me away from you. Erica isn't at all like that. If you took the time to see that you would have known. Yeah she loves me but she's not a bitch. Unlike you."

"Patrick please, I'm sorry."

"This is a new low, even for you Debbie."

"Don't be like this," Debbie now let the tears spill over her cheek. Tears of begging. Pleading.

"Get the fuck out of my apartment."

Debbie stood back flabbergasted. "What Patrick?"

"I said get the hell out of my apartment."

"Why?"

"You and me, we're finished."

Debbie was stunned. Disbelief swimming through her veins. "No, we can't you can't"

"I can."

"I thought you loved me."

"And so did I."

Debbie felt as if Patrick had slapped her around the face. Astounded she grabbed her jacket. Hanging her head in shame. Her scaring tactics had backfired on her. Instead of warning Erica away she had unwillingly pushed Patrick further. Maddened Patrick glared at her. Watching her as she picked up some of her belongs.

"Get out," He stuttered.

Debbie tried one last attempt. "Please Patrick-"

"I SAID GET OUT."

And with that Debbie ran out of the apartment. Exasperated Patrick sat down around his dining room table. Trying to come to a conclusion. What had just happened seemed like such a blur. Whirring around with spite and infuriation. Patrick placed his head in his hands. Rubbing is face. Irritated. And then it hit him. Debbie had left. And Erica was just down the hall.

"Fuck!" Patrick whispered and ran out after Debbie.
**
Ciao Bella
Sign up to rate and review this story