Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Please Don't Leave Me

Chapter One: Lost

by twilightangel61090 9 reviews

Kyo finds himself falling in love with our favorite directionally challenged ox and vice versa. but what happens when the worst possible person finds out and is determined to put a stop to this bud...

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hatsuharu, Kyo - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-01-02 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 977 words

0Insightful
Disclaimer: I don't own fruits basket...although that would be pretty nifty if I did...thinks about owning Kyo and Haru...drool...anyways

A/N: Hey this is my first Fruits Basket fanfic but I've been fleshing out my idea for a while. I'm not sure how it's going to go though so please review and let me know what you think of it. Will probably have OOCness in it. Btw I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kyo Haru pairing so any fruits basket fic I post will have that pairing in it. And I'm not sure exactly what will happen (rating wise) in this fic so it may change later depending on what I decide (or if any fans have requests of things to happen etc...) so we'll see about that later just let me know! Anyways on with the fic!

Chapter One

The clouds were growing steadily darker overhead giving them an ominous look causing the red haired teen watching them roll by cringe in distain. Kyo hated the rain. He had been on the roof for the better part of the day just watching the clouds and trying to clear his head.

He had been having really strange dreams lately, all of them including a certain directionally challenged ox. It didn't make any sense. Why would I think like that about Haru, of all people? Kyo blushed as he recalled his...um...rather sexually charged dreams. Then again the younger teen had been acting somewhat strange lately; Kyo had just brushed it off thinking that it was just Haru being weird as always. Why was the thinking about this again? That was why he was up on the roof in the first place, to forget about it. Sighing Kyo got up and headed back into the house.

Not five minutes later the rain started to pour down mercilessly. Kyo frowned as he sat in his room staring out the window. He was already staring to feel tired from the weather. He didn't exactly know why but the rain had always made him feel weak and exhausted. Just another reason not to do anything at all today. He thought to himself. Lying down on his bed, he felt his eye lids become heavy. Not even bothering to fight it he drifted to sleep.

The black and white haired boy looked down at him lovingly; a small smile graced his lips. Kyo wrapped his arms around the taller boy's waist and buried his head into the nape of the ox's neck. "Haru?" he breathed, no louder than a whisper.

"What is it Kitten?" Haru replied tenderly.

"I wish we could stay like this forever. I can't imagine my life without you anymore." The boy replied looking longingly into his lovers silver eyes.

"You never have to worry about that. I'll never leave you, I promise." The younger teen emphasized this by placing his hands gently on either side of the neko's face and drawing their lips together in a brief kiss. "I love you baby kitty."

There heads rested together as they embraced one another. "I love you too."

Kyo's eyes snapped open. Wearily raising himself into a sitting position he raised a hand to his head. What was that all about? He asked himself. It was as if every time he closed his eyes these days that stupid cow was the only thing he could think about, Haru with his mysterious silver eyes and two toned hair. Kyo felt himself blush then mentally berated himself for doing so. Ew, it's Haru. I can't think about him like that, I mean first of all he's a guy and I definitely don't like guys. Scowling and not wanting to fall back asleep he raised himself from his bed and headed down to the kitchen.

As he reached the bottom of the stairs he heard a concerned voice coming from Shigure's office. "Oh hello..." Pause "no I'm sorry I haven't..." Pause "I'm sure he's around somewhere..." Pause "Of course..." Pause "I'll let you know..." Pause "Ok goodbye." Shigure ran a hand through his hair and sighed. Turning around he jumped at the sight of the neko behind him. "Oh Kyo, didn't see you there."

"What was that all about?" Kyo wondered.

"Oh that was Hatori. Haru is missing again. They haven't seen him in four days, he must have gotten lost again."

For some odd reason Kyo felt a pang in his gut. He desperately wanted to rush right out and find the stupid ox. This new protective feeling confused the cat and caused him to hesitate slightly. Forcing himself to appear irritated he opened his mouth trying his best to sound angry and annoyed, "Well I guess I'll have to go find the damn cow before he freezes to death." Turning around Kyo stalked from the room just missing the small grin that pulled at Shigure's lips.

He had been walking already for an hour; he had searched almost the entire forest surrounding the Sohma estate. The rain was coming down harder than ever and it was fucking cold. Kyo was miserable and there was still no sign of Haru. Dammit where is he? Just as he was about to give up for the night and head home he caught a glimpse of something white down the trail a ways. His stomach lurched as he ran toward the sight.

There on the forest floor, was Haru completely passed out face down in the mud. Quickly Kyo rolled him over and made sure he was alright. "Stupid cow" he murmured to himself. He hoisted the ox's limp form off the ground and over his shoulder as he began the trek back to the house.

(A/N alrighty then, I'm not exactly sure if I like how I started this, so please review and let me know what you think!)
Sign up to rate and review this story