Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Please Don't Leave Me

Getting through

by twilightangel61090 6 reviews

Kyo works to convince Haru that what happened to him was wrong.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hatsuharu, Kyo - Published: 2007-04-18 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 1139 words

1Exciting
Disclaimer: Still don't own Fruits Basket...what a surprise lol

A/N: I'm not so sure about continuing this story; I figured that I would put up another chapter and see what people tell me to do. So please, if you read this, let me know if I should continue, and if you have any ideas, please let me know! Anyway, on with the story!!!

Chapter Six

For a moment, there was silence. Haru hadn't the faintest idea what to say. It seemed that all his dreams had just been answered...it was too good to be true. Kyo said he loves me. But how, how can he after what happened? I've been vilely used in the worst possible way. How can he still want me?

Kyo, even through his nerves, seemed to sense what was going on in the ox's head. Reaching out a perfectly calloused hand he placed it tenderly on the side of the younger teen's face, gently stroking his thumb in a soothing pattern. God, he thought, his skin is so soft. How could someone desecrate someone so special...so beautiful? It didn't seem right to Kyo that Haru should have to bear the knowledge that his body was used for the sadistic pleasure of someone else, someone who by responsibility, should have been protecting him, not looking to dominate him.

"Sh," Kyo soothed, "Haru, you have to understand that what was done to you was wrong. What he did...it was a horrible violation of your trust, of your personal space, and just plainly a violation of you as a person. You didn't deserve any of that."

A toneless laugh escape the ox's lips, "How is it that I didn't deserve it. If I hadn't been so stupid, this wouldn't have happened. If I wasn't so afraid, this wouldn't have happened." He replied, reluctantly thinking back to his failure to defend himself.

Every time Haru fought against his grasp he was rewarded with a sharp slap to the face, or an elbow to the ribs. It was useless. Why can't I go black?...Because you're too afraid. His mind answered for him. (A/N: that was a flashback if you didn't catch that.)

Appalled by his thinking, Kyo found himself getting frustrated. How in the hell could he even believe for one second that his is his fault? "You couldn't have done anything to stop him Har. You know Akito, and you know that he would have found a way...any way to get what he wanted. And for the last time, you are not stupid, do you hear me? You may be a little scatterbrained sometimes, but that's actually-as much as I hate to admit it-sort of endearing."

Kyo found himself blushing at his statement, but Haru didn't seem to notice as his own temper rose. For the first time since Kyo had been in the room, he saw a glimpse of the old Haru...no matter how small.

"Dammit Kyo, don't lie to me!" Haru all but shouted, "It's really no secret that I'm completely fucking brainless. If I hadn't fucking gotten lost, then he never would have asked to see me."

Seeing the confused expression on the cat's face he elaborated, "He said he was 'worried' about me." It was not lost on Kyo that Haru didn't truly believe this for one minute.

"Haru, I'm not lying to you. I have never lied to you." The redhead defended himself. Haru snorted as he rolled his eyes. "Well, not when it was important." Kyo amended. "And I know I've called you stupid and crap in the past but I never really meant it, I was always just joking around. Trust me; you would have known if I was serious. I guess I just liked to tease you a little. You were the only one who wouldn't actually beat me into the ground for it like some rats I know who shall remain nameless."

This statement actually elicited a soft laugh from the bicolor haired teen. Smiling at his success, Kyo continued. "Now please Haru...please try to move on from this. I know it's hard what I'm asking you to do, and I know it won't be easy and it can't be done quickly. But I'm going to be there to help you, and I promise I'll protect you from now on. I won't let it happen again. It's over now; he can't hurt you anymore because I won't let him."

The laughter stopped abruptly and was once again replaced by the lifeless look that had chilled Kyo to his very soul. "It's not over; it is so far from over. He made that much perfectly clear."

A dark heaviness settled itself in the cat's heart. He made a promise to himself then and there that he would not let Akito come between them; he would protect his cow and keep that bastard away from him. "Har, listen to me," he started, making sure the dull grey eyes were focused solely on him, "I...love...you." He enunciated slowly. "I promise I will do my very best to make sure that you never have to worry about him again. But I need you to not shut me out. And I need you to trust me when I say things like the fact that you're not stupid." His crimson eyes implored the teen sitting across from him to sense his sincerity and tell him that he would accept his promise, and his affection. "Can you do that?" He asked.

Haru waited a moment then nodded slowly. "I'll try." He whispered.

"Good," came the obviously relieved response. "Now I want you to try and get some rest." Gently, Kyo helped Haru to lie down without aggravating any of his injuries.

Placing a soft kiss on the ox's forehead, he rose to leave, but stopped in his place when a pale hand grasped him around the wrist holding him back. "Please stay." Haru sounded small and unsure in his request, but Kyo felt himself soften and he turned back to face the boy and nodded in the affirmative.

Lying down behind the younger teen, he wrapped an arm protectively around his waist, trying, ineffectively, to calm the butterflies in the pit of his stomach. A small sigh was heard from the body in his arms causing the corners of his mouth to twitch up slightly in both teasing and affection, but mostly affection. He felt a hand come up to meet his and tentatively entwined their fingers together.

Just before dropping off the sleep, Kyo heard Haru's breathing slow and even out as he mumbled half asleep, "Love you too Kyo."

A/N: All right then. Not sure if I liked that chapter...hmmmmm. Well let me know what you think. Should I continue it?
Sign up to rate and review this story