Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Down the road, not across the street

Tell yourself it's never gonna happen again.

by grandtheftautumn 8 reviews

Amara took off my shirt while I unzipped her dress. I gently caressed her soft breasts. She moaned at my touch. I felt myself get harder. She pushed me playfully onto the lounge and then... You ...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-21 - Updated: 2007-04-21 - 1342 words

0Unrated
A/N: Early treat!! I didn't get the sixth review for the update but hey let's just say I was inspired and some certain reviewer deserved this. You'll love me, hate me, both, whatever. Doesn't matter you know you'll want to read this chap.




*


Chapter 13: Tell yourself it's never gonna happen again.


Ryan's POV



Has she been drinking again? Please let this be real. I want her so much.

She pulled me close so that our faces were inches away from each other. I was looking into her eyes. Nothing was happening, but it felt so intense my heart raced faster and faster. The space between us grew smaller and smaller. I closed my eyes as I felt her lips brush against mine. I reached for her face when ... "Ry?" Amara's voice grew louder.

My eyes snapped opened. I had my Sidekick in my hand, while Amara's hand was still wrapped around my wrist. God, I definitely need sleep. I'm hallucinating.

"Ry, you look pretty tired. You can't go home; you're in no condition to drive. I need the company anyway."

Should I stay or do I go? I need to get out of here I should go.

Amara made some room on the lounge for me to join her. There's your answer. I took my shoes off and lay across the lounge. She did the same and snuggled her head into my shoulder. I didn't know where to put my arms so I just placed one across her waist. I had my left arm propping me up. It was becoming uncomfortable until Amara took my arm to rest on it as a pillow. I felt like I was holding the old Amara in my arms. The same Amara who stood by me before all the fame and drama, when it was just me and her against the world. Well me, her, and Brendon, and Spencer, and Jon. I felt like I was about to explode and confess my feelings, but then I remembered Pete.

Why did Brendon never come back? I don't know whether to thank him for it or kill him later.

I let out a sigh. My breath tickled her face causing her to wiggle her nose once. It felt drafty so I reached for the blanket again to cover us both. I shifted so I was lying on my side again, looking down at her. My right hand gently caressed her soft cheeks. How I long to taste those lips. I watched her for a bit, thinking how nice it would be to lay by her side every night for the rest of my life. But I'm not naïve, this is reality, and in reality this is probably the last time I'll ever get to do this again. I tried to think of something to say, but my eyes were feeling heavy. I opted for beauty sleep and enjoying this moment in all its tranquility.





Original POV

The sound of his Sidekick resonated nearby. Ryan woke up to find himself holding Amara, her body leaning on his chest. The first thought was that nothing serious happened last night due to the fact they were still fully clothed. The thought that followed, was that something happened last night. She had asked him to stay with her while she slept, and he gave into her. He was just hurting himself. He felt he had moved the past few months, but then something keeps dragging him back. He's tried so many times, but nothing could stop part of him from thinking, I'd give anything. He thought it was best to leave. He took a last look at her serene figure and kissed her gently on the forehead before quietly creeping out the front door.

An hour later, the rays of light shone directly into Amara's eyes. She woke up to find herself not in her own bed, but on Brendon's lounge. He was standing over with a mixing bowl and whisk in hand. He was also wearing an apron and covered in flour.

"Oh God, I'm still dreaming." She went to turn over so she was facing the back of the couch.

"No you're not. Get up already I'm making pancakes," demanded Brendon.

"Pancakes? You don't know how to cook."

"Exactly, I need you to get up and help me. By the way, Ryan left a note for you that I did not read whatsoever." His voiced trailed off into the kitchen. She reached to the coffee table to read the note, and then sank back into her seat.



Dear AJ,

Sorry I had to leave early but something came up. It was nice spending time with you like the old days. I've missed nights like those.

Call you soon.

Love Ry




She entered the kitchen to find Brendon. One eyebrow raised, she couldn't tell if he looked more curious or more smug. "What?!" "Nothing," he replied. "You gonna help me or not?"

After breakfast, Amara headed back home. She found Pete sleeping in the living room, still wearing the clothes from the previous day. She turned off the TV and joined Pete on the couch. The shift in weight aroused Pete from his slumber; however he looked like he hadn't gotten much. "Amara. You came back."

"Well duh," she laughed. "Look I get why you did what you did. And it's okay I forgive you. But if you ever do it again and..."

"Trust me it won't," he said firmly.


Amara's POV

It was hard, but I told him about all my past relationships as best I could. At times I could barely get the words out and I would start crying, but eventually I said all I had to say.

That afternoon we laid everything out on the table, metaphorically of course. It felt good to hug Pete again. It felt the same way it had before our fight. But it was nowhere near as good as the feeling I got when I hugged Ryan.





Her relationship with Pete remained the same. Exciting and fun as always, with Amara continuously contemplating over feelings of love and like. They appeared to be on the right track again after their little tiff but there were times when she had a moment's hesitation when she lacked in trusting him. This led to Amara spending more time with Ryan during the past two weeks; however towards the end he became more engaged with the tour plans. The next thing they knew, their break was over and Panic! were about to launch their first headline tour.

Amara and Pete returned from seeing the boys off at the airport. Fall Out Boy's break was extended to a month due to some family issues. They would be joining them later on the tour. When they arrived home there was a large manila envelope which had been slid under the door. It had no return address, just simply AMARA printed on the front.

Amara pulled out a tabloid. She looked to Pete for an explanation. He was stunned with disbelief. "Amara... I.. I.. I'm sorry."

Without a second thought, she packed her bags and rushed to the airport. Pete pleaded for her not to leave. His attempts to explain were hushed by her cold silence. She felt so stupid for believing and trusting him a second time. Consumed by rage, not once did she look at him or bother look back as she slammed the apartment door behind her.

Pete fell onto the nearest chair. He stared at the front of the mysteriously delivered tabloid. The title read, "/Rocker in the Hood: Wentz & Jay-Z get down and dirty with business/." A single tear fell onto cover, blurring the face of the half naked stripper that was straddling Pete.




*

A/N: Forgive me reviewers for I have sinned. It's been several days since my last update. Okay, seriously ... It was hard for me to make Pete the bad boy, but it had to be done. IT HAD TO! =P I doubt I'll hear any complaints. R&R
Sign up to rate and review this story