Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket

Onigiri & Green Tea

by strayphantom 0 reviews

Cat & mouse spat in the kitchen.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Kyo, Tohru, Yuki - Published: 2005-10-28 - Updated: 2005-10-28 - 650 words

0Unrated
Tohru was busy making onigiri in the kitchen. She had been very careful earlier at the store when buying the ingredients. She'd remembered that Sohma-kun disliked pickled radishes, and everyone knew that Kyo-kun hated leeks. And so, Tohru was preparing simple onigiri using salmon roe and umeboshi. A few flakes of salmon and furikake in the rice would make them more interesting.

Just then, she noticed the high-pitched whistling sound that had finally penetrated her fuzzy aura of concentration and happy thoughts. "Oy," grunted Kyo, as he entered the kitchen. "You're supposed to turn the gas off when it's boiled." She'd forgotten the kettle! "I'm sorry!" she cried as she moved the kettle from the heat and switched off the gas.

"Jeez, you're such a space case," he muttered. He noticed what she was doing and his expression grew suspicious. "There had better not be any leeks and crap in those," he said with a warning tone in his voice. Tohru waved her hands frantically "N-no, no, I remembered that you don't like leeks and such, Kyo-kun," she said, all flustered up. "What are you making them for, anyway?" he asked off-handedly. "W-well," she began, still flustered, "Hana-chan and Uo-chan are coming over to visit this afternoon, so I was preparing some snacks..."

"They're coming here, this afternoon? Since when?" he was surprised at this sudden development.

At that point, Yuki entered the kitchen in search of food. He gave Kyo a sharp look; "As usual, you haven't paid any attention to what anyone else is saying. Don't you remember Honda-san asking Shigure if they could come over at dinner last night?" Kyo's attention was redirected and he snarled at Yuki; "You shut up, damn rat! I can't be expected to remember every conversation that goes on in this house!"
"Or is it that you just don't listen in the first place, stupid cat?" Yuki raised his head in an imperious manner. Kyo's temper snapped at this point "I'M GONNA WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YOUR FACE, YOU SUNNAVA...!!!"

Tohru became even more flustered... "Um, excuse me, I don't mean to get in the way, but if you did that, Kyo-kun, it would be very bad, as I have just finished mopping the kitchen floor, so..."

Kyo stopped mid-rant and choked on his rage a little bit, torn between wanting to pound Yuki's face and wanting to appease Tohru. He decided to meet himself halfway and blasted Yuki with one of his hate-filled glares, which merely bounced off of Yuki's ice-cold aura.

"Not that he could wipe the floor with me, anyway..." smirked Yuki as he walked off into the next room. "THAT DOES IT, RAT-BOY!!!" Kyo roared as he flew after Yuki, intent on smashing his body to dust.

"The tea is ready!" trilled Tohru. "Um, Kyo-kun, would you give me a hand, please? I can't carry the tea tray and the onigiri myself..." Kyo froze in attack stance, shuddered for a second, and then turned back to the kitchen. "Yeah, whatever," he grunted.


Notes: This fic is to mainly illustrate the fact that Yuki knows where Kyo's buttons are and that he is NOT afraid to push them. I honestly think he is entertained by Kyo's fits of rage, and that it makes him feel big in someway. I need to write a fic where he is jealous of Kyo's close-contact relationship with Tohru.

Also worth noting is how Tohru has Kyo by the short and curlies. She always manages to calm him down, using her (supposedly innocent) feminine whiles to get him to do what she wants. I think they'd make a great couple!

Oops, sorry, Kagura! You can have Yuki if you want!

Kagura: DO NOT TAKE MY BELOVED KYO-KUN AWAY FROM ME!!! I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU EVEN TRY IT!!!

Uhh, maybe they don't make such a great couple, after all? hides

Kagura: That's better...
Sign up to rate and review this story