Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Stolen Hearts; Swollen Egos

Someone to Watch Over Me

by squeakyfromme 2 reviews

"You mean to tell ME that the girl actually has plans to marry? At this age?"

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-23 - Updated: 2007-04-23 - 851 words

0Unrated
The pair emerged from the hotel room separately; Brendon knew not to take Musetta's hand in fear of reporters lurking around in the lobby. Unfortunately (or not), he was fully aware of her engagement to Roger Van Pelt, the heir of some rich oil family (who was also rumored to have ties to the mafia) - a slip made by either one of them would almost certainly be devastating.

He watched the socialite walking just a few paces in front of him, wondering how she could deal with a lifetime of fame, of people continuously following her. But, she had years of experience, he had probably around two. There were fans and there were, undoubtedly, haters; somehow, he knew she was completely undaunted by the latter.

However, no one ever threw a bottle at her pretty face, at least, not to his knowledge...

...But, then again, being hated probably meant that they were doing something right. The Musetta logic was getting to him.

Musetta stepped into the elevator, looking oddly innocent as Brendon followed suit, whistling casually until the doors closed. "Floor, miss?" he asked politely, finger poised over the buttons.

"The very bottom," she replied in an airy tone, fully knowing it would take a long while to get there from floor thirty three. "The lobby, I mean."

He grinned and pressed the large "L" before turning around and promptly sliding his hands onto Musetta's waist, the silk of her yellow dress smooth under his fingers, kissing across her collarbone, up her neck, onto her jaw line, and eventually meeting her eager lips. And, surprisingly, Musetta pushed him away only slightly. "Darling, as much as I'd love to do this in a place as scandalous as an elevator-" An undeterminable expression crossed her features as he paused to look at her.

"You always struck me as the type of person who finds thrill in being caught," he said with a quirked eyebrow, still keeping his hands on her waist.

"I like the imminent danger, yes, but not actually being caught." Brendon jutted out his bottom lip at her. "Oh, darling, I really can't resist you when you look like that." He tilted his head toward her, batting his eyes. "You're a naughty boy, you know that."

"And I'm damn proud of it. You sound really sexy when you say 'naughty,'" He tried to imitate her partial British accent, succeeding, almost.



"You mean to tell me that Musetta Finch-Caraway has principles?" Jon asked incredulously.

"She's engaged?" Saffron piped in from the other side of the room, turning from her position on the couch in front of the wide screen television. "You mean to tell me that the girl actually has plans to /marry/? At this age?" (At this outburst, Ryan could not help but secretly breathe a sigh of utter relief, glad to know that Saffron was certainly not getting any ideas because, man, that girl could be persistent sometimes,)

Brendon stuck his tongue out at Saffron, who repeated the expression in return. A glance at the spunky brunette curled up in Ryan's arms reminded him of his tendencies to go after the unattainable girls. If she served as a constant reminder of the proverbial girl who got away, then he should certainly pursue Musetta, right? He blinked. The thought was rather startling.

"I don't understand why she is famous at all," Saffron went on with a sigh, never one to conceal her opinion, even if she happened to be expressing her thoughts on a girl Brendon happened to be fucking. "I mean, her two movies weren't exactly thought-provoking, modeling doesn't count as a talent, personally, and, come on, everyone has a clothing line today."

"Well... she's hot," was Spencer's matter-of-factly response. He, Brendon, and Jon grinned in response while Ryan tried to keep the corners of his mouth from twitching upwards.

...Not that he was scared of her reaction - well, that was a lie, since Saffron could very well kick his ass. Then again, that factor was part of the reason as to why he was so attracted to her initially.

Jon and Spencer had taken to raiding the mini bar as Brendon turned his attention towards the couple once more. Ryan's eyes were heavy-lidded as Saffron played with the asymmetrical brown hair falling in his eyes before leaning in to give him a quick kiss. In turn, he grinned and nuzzled her neck before burying her face in it, mumbling something about being fucking tired and wrapping his arms tighter around her waist. He rolled his eyes as he passed through the adjoining door into his room, but, truthfully, it was sweet, albeit a bit cheesy.

And, maybe he wanted that... that whole snuggling like no one's looking thing, that whole knowing there will always be someone thing, that whole couple thing.

His thoughts went to alluring, capricious Musetta and smirked to himself.

Perhaps there would be several variations from "that whole couple thing."

______________________________

Note: My, isn't Bren contemplative today? LOL.

Anyway, YEY, I finally got off my ass to update this one. I hope you like and rate/review! :-*
Sign up to rate and review this story