Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Words of a Wilted Rose

A Fretful Situation

by KiMoNo-ChIcK 1 review

Yet another chapter! If I told you about it, it would ruin the surprise, so just go ahead and read it!

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Momiji, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-29 - Updated: 2007-04-29 - 510 words

0Unrated
When Momiji opened his eyes, he felt groggy and delirious. He let his foot fall off the bed to touch the floor, but found that he couldn't feel the hardwood beneath his toes.

It was then that he felt a tugging at his waist. He looked dowdn and saw Momo hugigng him tenderly in her sleep. He silently panicked and, to make sure he wasn't dreaming, reached to carress his ears. Yes, it was as he thought. They were rabbit ears.

Momiji became frantic. Caught in Momo's embrace he could not move very far, but nonethless he paced around the sheets. "What do I do? What if she sees me?!" He thought, trying not to imagine the scenario.

"Unnh..." Momiji gasped and looked at Momo to see her eyelids flutter. Momiji stood frozen with fear as she stretched and opened her eyes. "Momiji?" She looked around for him, then saw the rabbit at the edge of the bed. "Bunny!" As Momiji prepared to run for the door (or hop, considering his present state) Momo again latched onto him. "Cute bunny!" She rubbed her cheek against his soft fur. Momiji thought of how a rabbit might react and in desperation wiggled his nose.

Momo brought Momiji to the breakfast table, as Michiko looked on in confusion. "Mom-chan, no animals at the table please," she said while handing Momo a small plate of onigiri. "Bunny is not an animal," Momo replied. Momiji felt the beads of sweat forming on his forehead. "Bunny is a friend." He breathed a sigh of relief. "So, we're speaking Japanese now, are we Momo-chan? Nonetheless, Bunny does not belong at the table." Momo sighed and placed Momiji on the floor, patting his head apologetically.

Kaoru came out of his room and slowly walked down the hall to the kitchen, finding Momiji's door open but Momiji not inside. He shrugged, but later was surprised to find Momiji in rabbit-form, hopping around the dining room. "Oh, Kaoru-san! Good morning!" Michiko greeted, placing his bowl of rice on the table. "I had no idea that you had a pet rabbit. What is its name?" Kaoru stood dumbfounded and simply walked over to table.

"Kaoru-san? Did you hear me?" Kaoru placed his hand on his forehead and replied, "Yes, um.. it's Momiji-chan's pet, I don't know if he has named it yet." Momo slipped a piece of seaweed from her onigiri under the table. Momiji hardly noticed, he was already under so much stress that he had no chance of returning to his normal form at the moment. He saw the seaweed out of the corner of his eye, and his ears perked up with interest. "Bunny. Bunny!" Momo whispered, her blond hair brushing against her cheek as she peeked down at him. Momiji slowly padded over to her. He wrapped his teeth gently around the seaweed and slowly chewed it. "Momo-chan, please! Eat off of your own plate, don't feed the rabbit." As Mom's hand slipped away, Momiji continued to ponder how he would get out of this fretful situation.
Sign up to rate and review this story