Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

You Are The One

by killxsmile 6 reviews

black eyes. meet the parents. dishwasher love.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-30 - Updated: 2007-05-01 - 2381 words - Complete

1Funny
Author's Note:

I feel like I have to make this announcement again: No, I didn't die.

I can't apologize enough for the lack of updates on this story. Sophomore year is coming to an end, but that's not stopping teachers from weighing me down with long-term projects and never ending stacks of homework.

Since it's been sooooo long since posting the last chapter, I tried to make this super cute and super long. Enjoy, yo.

PS. Anyone in Chicago going to the PWT show on 5/2 or the HGB show on 5/13? Yo necesito una amiga de mosh pit.

Chapter Eleven: You Are the One

You'll never be alone again. You're more than in my head.
-Shiny Toy Guns

*
Pete's POV

I lazily took a seat at the breakfast table and poured myself a bowl of Count Chocula.

"I found this on the porch. It's too small to be Andrew's, so I'm guessing that it's yours," my mom said, pointing to a hoody slung over the chair next to me.
"Oh, that's Emi's...She must've forgotten it here."
"You've been going out with this girl for more than a month now."

Oh, crap. Where's she going with this?

"I think it's time that she came over for dinner."

Hearing this, I choked on my cereal.
Long story short, my girlfriends don't mix well with my parents. Think less water and oil, more matches and dynamite.

"Yeah, about that..."
"You're not getting out of this one, Pete." She passed me a glass of orange juice. "Invite her over tonight."
"But--"

She shot me one of those Peter-Lewis-Kingston-Wentz-III-I'm-not-taking-no-for-an-answer looks.

Sighing, I nodded. "Okay."

As she left the kitchen, I glanced at the clock. 7:05. I had 11 hours, 55 minutes to prepare for the disaster.

*
Emi's POV

"ROLL! ROLL!" I yelled, jumping in front of the television. Ben was kicking my ass at Metroid. "NOOOOO!" Ben laughed as he gained new weapons and health while chasing me.
"You can't ecscape!" he said, reminding me that he was only 5 years old.

With a final death ray, my screen fizzled out. "Damn."
"Watch your language," he said, doing an impression of my mom.
"Ha ha, sorry." I put my controller down and laid on the floor. "I can't believe I lost..."

The doorbell rang chimed. Before I could even attempt to get up, Ben was zooming down the stairs and toward door.

I closed my eyes for what seemed like a second. But when I opened them, someone's face was hovering an inch above my face.

"Jeez!" I said, instinctively punching whoever it was.
"Ow," he said, getting up. When he moved back I saw that it was Pete, and he was holding a hand to his eye.
"Oh, shit! I'm so sorry, Pete."
"It's fine..."
"C'mon. Let's get you some ice."

I took his hand in mine and headed downstairs. He hopped onto the kitchen counter as I searched for an ice pack.

"Where'd you learn to punch like that?" he asked, still holding his eye.
"I've been taking tae kwon do since I was Ben's age."
"I'll remember that next time..."

He winced as I pressed the ice pack to his somewhat swollen eye.

"Again, I can't say how sorry I am. It's just that you scared the shit out of me, and when I'm scared I go on my instincts." I hopped up onto the counter and sat next to him.
"And your instincts told you to punch me?"
"I'm really sorry."
"Just playing, Em." He put his free arm around my shoulder. "I don't think it will look too bad for tonight."
"What's going on tonight?"
"Well that's why I came here in the first place. I wanted to warn you in person."
"Now I'm not too sure I want to know..."
"It's just dinner...at my house."
"Is your mom a horrible cook or something?"
"No. No, the food will be great--my mom's an awesome cook--it's my parents that I wanted to warn you about."

I shot him a questioning look.

"What's there to warn me about?"
"They have a history of...well...I wouldn't call it animosity per se, but they haven't really liked any of my girlfriends..."
"I guess I'll have to make a good impression, then."

Pete seemed surprised at my nonchalance, but I've never had a problem with parents before.

"Are they really that bad?" I asked.
"I...don't know how to answer that."
"I'm sure I'll be fine," I said, reassuring him. "What time will this meeting take place?"
"Could you be ready by 6:30?"
"I think that can be arranged," I said, hopping off the counter. He quickly followed and wrapped his arms around my waist. "But what are we going to do until then?" I asked, looking back at him.
"Oh, I have a couple of ideas..." I could feel his breath against my skin.

Before you could say 'raging hormones,' I was up against the wall, Pete's body pressed against mine. Lips attacked my neck as I ran my fingers through his hair. "You...taste like...vanilla," he said, in between kisses. I let out a soft moan as he reached the spot right below my collarbone.

Jesus, that feels good...

As he worked his way up to my jaw, his hands found their way from my waist to the small of my back. Just as our lips met, his phone conveniently started to ring. Without separating, he pulled out his phone and hung up on the call. It seemed that would be the end of it, but it started ringing within seconds of putting it back into his pocket.

*
Pete's POV

"Just answer it," Emi said, pulling away. In the span of 2 minutes, my phone had gone off 5 times. "Must be important if they keep calling." She rested her head against my chest and slipped her hands into my back pockets.
"We'll finish this later, though."
"Promise?"
"Promise." She linked her pinky with mine. I kissed the top of her head then reluctantly answered my phone.

"Hello?" I said, somewhat frustrated.
"Hey, it's Andy."
"What's going on?"
"Practice started 15 minutes ago."
"That's what was so important?"
"Well, not really. He called your house and your mom said that you were at Emi's. He assumed that you guys were making out, so he told me to call until you picked up." I rolled my eyes. Sometimes my friends were idiots. "So are you coming or not?"

"Would you mind if we went to Andy's?" I asked, looking down at Emi. "I forgot there was band practice today..."
"No, it's fine. I haven't seen you guys practice in a while."

"Okay, I'll be there in 10 minutes. Tell Joe that I'm going to kick his ass."
"Will do."
"Bye."
"Bye."

"Can I take part in Joe's ass kicking?" she asked. 'Adorably violent' was the term Jasper used to describe Emi. And he was right.
"Hell, you can be in charge of Joe's ass kicking."
"Sweet."

*
"Woah, what the hell happened to your eye?" Andy asked upon opening the door.
"I used it to break some guy's hand." Emi and I stepped inside and made our way to the basement.
"Seriously, what did you do? Get into a fight with a ninja?"
"You can ask Emi."

He cocked his eyebrow and shifted his attention towards her.

"I accidentally punched him..."
"That was an accident? Damn, I'd hate to see what you would have done if it was on purpose."
"Well I'm going to demonstrate with Joe in a few seconds..."
"I'll get out of your way then."

"Hey, Joe," she called, sounding completely innocent. "I wanna show you something."

As he approached, I took a cue from Andy and backed up a little. "What's--" Before Joe could even finish his question, he was on the ground, arm twisted behind his back.

*
Emi's POV

"Jesus, what did I do to you?" Joe asked as Emi kept him pinned to the ground.
"Interrupted me and Pete."
"Ha, so you were making out." I rolled my eyes.
"Do you want me to break your arm?"
"No, but this is kinda kinky now that I think about it." Boys...
"Weirdo." I let go of his arm and helped him up.

"Do you think you could teach me how to do that later?"
"Sure." I laughed and took a seat on the couch.

They played a few songs and I couldn't help but get lost in Patrick's voice. He could sing about murdering babies and it would still sound beautiful.

Time flies when you're having fun. Before I knew it, 6:00 had rolled around. Almost time for dinner.

"Crap, me and Emi have to get going," he said, glancing at his watch. Pete set his bass against the wall.
"You guys sounded awesome today. When's your next show?
"Two weeks," Patrick said, sitting next to me.
"Where? The usual place?"
"Yeah, Knights of Columbus, 7:00."
"Okay, I'll be there."
"Glad to hear it."

"C'mon Emi."

"Bye you guys!" he called.
"Bye! I'll teach you the throw next time, Joe!"

*
At home, I changed into a red bubble skirt and a white blouse. Cute, but not too casual.

"Think this is okay?" Pete was laying on my bed, flipping through an issue of Teen Vogue.
"Better than okay." He pulled me onto his lap and kissed my cheek. "You're adorable."
"Dare I say that I'm more adorable than Pete Wentz?"
"I wouldn't go to that extent, but you're getting there." I pressed my lips against his. He, in turn, leaned backwards onto the bed. "I believe that we have some unfinished business," he mumbled in between kisses.

His hands played with the hem of my shirt. My hands played with his belt loops.

All of a sudden the door flew open. Pharrell came bounding in, tail happily wagging. Frustrated, I buried my head in the crook of Pete's neck.
"That ruined the mood, didn't it?" I asked, even though I knew the answer.
"Yeah, pretty much."

I got up and straightened my clothes out, then made sure my hair didn't serve as evidence to our make out session.

"At least we won't be late for dinner." He pointed to the clock. 6:35.

*
Arriving at his house, I admit I was a little nervous. I could tell that his parents' opinions were important to him. Sensing my anxiousness, Pete slipped his hand into mine.

"Ready?"
"Ready as I'll ever be."

He unlocked the door and we were quickly greeted by his mother.

"Peter, you're on time for once...What happened to your eye?"
"Long story..." She shook her head, then directed her attention to me.

"And this must be Emi." I smiled and shyly nodded.
"It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Wentz." I extended my hand and she happily shook it.
"Likewise." She ushered us in and locked the door behind us. "Come, come." She gestured toward the kitchen. "Dinner's ready. I just hope Andrew hasn't started without us."

Arriving at the dinner table, Hilary and Andrew greeted me with smiles and waves while I awkwardly stood next to Pete.

"Emi Ikuhara, I presume." Mr. Wentz got up from his seat and shook my hand. "Now I can see why my son can't shut up about you." I looked back at Pete. His cheeks were bright pink.
"Thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you."
"Pleasure's all mine." He smiled and returned to his seat.

Pete gave my hand a reassuring squeeze before pulling out my chair.

"So, Emi," Mrs. Wentz said as she took off her apron and sat down. "Pete tells us that you're a smart cookie. Mind if I ask what you're planning to study in college?"
"Well I'm taking AP Psychology right now, and it's pretty interesting. I'm hoping to continue with that...maybe graphic design on the side." She smiled and nodded.

Dinner continued with more q & a with the occasional embarrassing childhood story about Pete. After getting to know them, I can honestly say that I liked his parents. Both had a great sense of humor and were really easy to talk to. I couldn't understand why Pete was so worried about me meeting them.

As Mrs. Wentz collected our plates, I volunteered to wash the dishes.

"Oh no, you're a guest. I couldn't ask you to do that," she said in a motherly tone.
"I insist. It's the least I could do after you cooked dinner. Consider it as repayment."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive."

She stepped away from the sink and joined everyone in the living room.

*
Pete's POV

As my mom emerged from the kitchen, I didn't know what to expect. My dad had already said that Emi's a "lovely girl," but everyone know that my mom's opinion is what really mattered.

"So..." I said, anticipating her next words. "What do you think?"
"She's a keeper--smart, funny, polite and beautiful. Hold on to her."

A sigh of relief escaped from my lips.

"Now get in there and help her with the dishes," she said, tilting her head toward the door. I smiled and did as she asked.

"Hey."
"Hey, Pete." I grabbed a towel and dried the dished she'd finished.
"So my mom had some things to say about you..."
"I'll take the bad first." I quietly laughed at her instant pessimism. "Is there that much to tell me?"
"No," I said, reassuring her. "She said you were a keeper."
"She actually used the term 'keeper'?
"Yep."
"Has that ever happened before?"
"Nope. You're the first."

She smiled and continued washing the dishes.

"Hypothetically speaking, what would you say if I told you that I loved you?"
"I'd hypothetically say that I loved you too."

An awkward silence arose between us. The only sound was that of water running and the clinking of silverware against china. It seemed to last an eternity, but according to the clock, only 7 minutes had passed.

After finishing up the last plate, she dried her hands then rested her head on my chest.

"Pete?" she asked, lacing her fingers with mine.
"Yes, Emi?" She bit her lip then looked up at me.
"I love you."
"I love you too."

I pressed my lips against hers. She was smiling into the kiss. And so was I.

*
You like it? Please review. It'll only take a second.
Sign up to rate and review this story