Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Learning to Trust Again

Chapter Six: HERO -- Kafir

by Zpan_Sven 1 review

Kafir and Usagi continue their date -- however, not everything goes as planned...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2005-11-05 - Updated: 2005-11-06 - 1669 words

0Unrated
PART 6: HERO - Kafir


"I'll understand if you do not feel the same way. You do not have all of your past memories just yet." Kafir said, hiding his pain from his hime-sama.

"I wish I did know all of my past. I think that would answer all of the questions I have," Usagi said.

"I believe so," Kafir agreed.



** Outside Yue's Palace **

Mamoru waited, his hand resting on the butt of his Glock semi-automatic. He watched as the waiter came back with their food and as they ate. He spared a glance at his watch. Soon...


** 7:15 PM **

Kafir and Usagi exited Yue's Palace, bellies full and chatting about the past in the Silver Millennium.

"So Rei and Eros are engaged, as are Minako and Ares?" Usagi asked.

"Hai, Usagi-hime. Eros seems to have a calming effect on Rei's temper. Minako seems to have the same affect on Ares," Kafir replied before asking, "Do you want to take a walk through the park?"

"Hai, I would like that, Kafir-san."

"Usagi-hime, forgive this boldness, but I want you to know, not all men are as Mamoru are. Never feel inferior because of what he did to you. You are stronger than he and he wanted that strength for himself. That is why he hurt you," Kafir said solemnly, looking older than his 18 years.

"Doomo Arigatoo, Kafir-san," Usagi whispered, grateful to this man who was dedicated to helping her.

Kafir noticed that she was shivering slightly. He shrugged of his tuxedo jacket and placed it around her shoulders. Usagi blushed slightly as she leaned closer to his body heat. He then gently placed his arm around her shoulders, careful not to frighten her. They walked through the maze located in the center of the park, enjoying the nighttime beauty without having to worry about a Youma or Droid attacking them. They paused before a large fountain located in the center of the maze. Moonlight sparkled on the flowing water, appearing as though well-wishers had tossed diamonds into he fountain instead of coins. Kafir reached into his pocket and drew out a coin.


= Would you dance
if I asked you to dance?
Would you run
and never look back?
Would you cry
if you saw me cry?
And would you save my soul, tonight? =



"Care to make a wish, Usagi-hime?" Kafir asked.

"Hai, Kafir-san!" Usagi said, her sapphire eyes sparkling in the moonlight.

Kafir smiled and placed the coin in her hand. She smiled and brought the coin to her lips, silently making her wish and giving the coin a quick kiss for good luck. ~/Please come true.../~ she silently begged as she tossed the coin into the fountain. The resulting splash seemed to echo into the night.

"I hope your wish comes true, Usagi-hime," Kafir said, his eyes resting on her crimson, rosebud lips.

"So do I..." she whispered, her pulse pounding in her ears.

"Forgive me..." Kafir groaned and before Usagi could even ask 'Why?' he had claimed her lips with his in a gentle kiss. Usagi's eyes drifted closed and she ran her hands up his strong, cloth covered chest while he rested his hands on her lower back, gently pressing her slight body closer to his.


= Would you tremble
if I touched your lips?
Would you laugh?
Oh please tell me this.
Now would you die
for the one you loved?
Hold me in your arms, tonight. =



From the shadows, what was left of Mamoru's sanity snapped. He drew his Glock semi-automatic and clicked the safety off. He brought the semi-automatic up and squeezed the trigger, sending a couple rounds into Kafir's shoulder and lower back. The Senshi of Saturn stiffened and was driven to his knees before Usagi.

Usagi heard a gun go off and felt Kafir's body be struck. He stiffened and their lips ripped from one another as Kafir fell to his knees before her.

"KAFIR!!!" Usagi screamed, attempting to help him to his feet.


= I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away. =



"Konban wa, Usa-ko," she heard Mamoru's voice say from the Shadows. She watched as the figure that had plagued her nightmares step from the shadows, a few feet behind Kafir.

Kafir gritted his teeth and snarled in both rage and pain as he stood and turned to face his enemy. His royal insignia flared into life upon his brow, and his eyes glowed slightly. In other words: Kafir, Crown Prince of Saturn, Senshi of Death and Destruction, Soldier Saturn, was tee-totally PISSED OFF!!


= Would you swear
that you'll always be mine?
Or would you lie?
would you run and hide?
Am I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
I don't care...
You're here tonight. =



"Zakkenao (fuck off), Mamoru-onore (bastard, jerk)!!!" Kafir snarled out, "Or are you too much of a coward to fight me man to man, shit-head?!"

Mamoru's eyes narrowed and he tossed the gun aside and transformed into Tuxedo Kamen. Kafir strode forward, not even bothering to henshin into his Senshi form. Kafir delivered a stunning back fist into Kamen's face that on a normal human would have shattered the jawbone and fractured the cheekbone. Kamen's head snapped to the side and he quickly retaliated with a sharp hit to Kafir's ribs with his cane. Kafir barely grunted and his ribs cracked from the blow and shoved a quick open-handed strike to Kamen's sternum, fracturing it. Before Kamen could retaliate, Kafir slammed a high roundhouse-kick into Kamen's face, which sent the caped fighter flying backwards. Kafir gathered his strength and leaped high up into the air, purplish-black energy crackling around his hands.


= I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away. =


"Saturn Black Tempest..." Kafir screamed as the energy formed into a large sphere. He hurled the sphere at Kamen, shouting the last word of the attack at Kamen who had pushed himself to his feet, "Annihilation!!"

Kamen cursed and threw a handful of roses at the sphere; the roses disintegrated and the energy sphere slammed into the ground before the caped man, hurling him into the air. Kafir landed lightly on his feet and sprung into the air after Kamen. Mid-air, Kafir slammed his feet into Kamen's ribs, fracturing them. Kamen hit the ground with a thud and Kafir landed on his feet near Usagi, blood slowly oozing from the bullet wounds in his back. He was operating at less than 100% but he wouldn't stop until either he or his opponent was dead.

"Had enough or do you want your balls handed to you?" Kafir said, his dark indigo-blue eyes glinting with the light of battle rage.

Kamen merely pushed himself to his feet and pulled a small semi-automatic from an ankle holster. He brought the gun up and fired it wildly, the bullets going everywhere -- Including Kafir's head and chest and Usagi's lower abdomen. Kafir's head burned from the pain of the flesh wound the bullet had grazed high on his forehead and temple while the other bullet had exploded out of his back after it had broken a rib and punctured a lung. Kafir stared at the fallen Tsuki-hime and his vision went red from his blood dripping into his eyes and a berserker rage.


= Oh, I just want to hold you.
I just want to hold you.
Am I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
I don't care...
You're here tonight. =


"KISAMA!!!!" Kafir bellowed and lunged at Kamen.

Kamen brought the gun up again and fired again and again, sending more bullets into Kafir's torso. In his Berserker rage, the bullets gave Kafir no pain, merely strength. Kamen's gun clicked empty and Kafir tackled him. The two combatants fell backwards and Kamen was slammed upon the hard concrete ground under almost 200 pounds of Berserker fury. Kafir slammed his knee into Kamen's crotch and picked the caped fighter up by the collar as he swiftly stood. Kamen transformed into Prince Endymion and slammed his fist into Kafir's jaw. The Shi-no-Senshi's head snapped around and he staggered slightly, giving Endymion enough time to draw his sword.


= I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by your forever.
You can take my breath away. =



Kafir bellowed a battle cry in ancient Saturnian and lunged at Endymion. Endymion's sword went straight through Kafir's lower abs and out of his back. Blood frothed as it bubbled from the Shi-no-Senshi's lips. Kafir's eyes began to glaze over as he forced himself to move his hands. He placed his bare hands on the bare flesh at the base of Endymion's jaw; Kafir's eyes, royal insignia, and hands glowed black. Endymion screamed in agony as felt his life-energy being ripped away from his body. His skin and organs began to eviscerate as they lost their life-essence, seconds passed and Endymion dropped backwards onto the ground dead when Kafir released him, completely drained of every last ounce of life-energy. Kafir pulled the sword from his abdomen as he fell to his knees.


= I can be your hero.
I can kiss away the pain.
And I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.
You can take my breath away. =



Kafir tossed the sword aside and dragged himself to Usagi. The Tsuki-hime was unconscious and bleeding slightly from the wounds on her lower torso and back. 'Good...there's and exit wound...it'll be easier...' he thought hazily as he placed a hand on Usagi's wounds. A purple light engulfed them as Kafir used the life-essence he had drained off of Endymion to heal Usagi's wounds completely, leaving not even scars behind. Using what little life-essence that was left over, he healed what wounds he could on himself before he passed out. The last thing he heard before oblivion claimed him was that of Police and Ambulance sirens...


= I can be your hero. =
Sign up to rate and review this story