Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Disheveled

Knowing You Better Than I Know Myself

by indie_chicky 8 reviews

Naivety isn't always something you pay for. In fact, sometimes, it even comes with rewards.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-01 - Updated: 2007-05-02 - 1069 words

3Hot
The next morning, when Ryan wakes up, he's still in the same bed, but he's covered up and a note is on the end table in Brendon's handwriting. He waits a few seconds for his eyes to adjust to the light and then grabs the card, reading.

"Well then, think of what you did.
And how I hope to God (s)he was worth it.
For that I'm very sorry, love
And though you may have butchered us...
I sure hope you didn't expect that you'd get all of the attention"

Ryan throws his head back on the pillow and sighs, flinging the note to the floor and realizing how utterly screwed up this situation with Brendon is.

Oh, and realizing that he has to stop being so goddamn poetic.

It's like everyday, Brendon teaches him something new.

Today's lesson?

Well, it's scribbled at the bottom of the page.

"People can't use your own words against you when they don't apply.
Too bad these ones are perfect.
xoxo, you know who.."
.......................................

Brendon didn't understand how Melody wasn't dead by now.

He had been counting and she averaged about 5 cigarettes an hour.

How the fuck was that even possible?

He sighed and pushed the sunglasses on the top of his head down to the front of his face. Melody, complete with her trademark "accessory", just laughed.

"Like it's so hard to be you."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Jenna Jameson, I didn't realize the lifestyle of the horny and shameless was so difficult."

"Bite me."

"I would, but who knows what I'd catch."

The two glared at each other, but Melody just kept smoking and Brendon just kept leaning against the tour bus. They had woken up extra early to put the note in place and make sure that they were out of the hotel before Ryan could find them. Now, they had about ten more minutes before everyone was due on the bus. Melody, upon realizing that her cigarette was coming to an end, stamped it out and immediately began lighting another one.

"My my, another cancer stick so early?"

"Screw you."

"You did, baby."

"Only in your twisted little mind, bitch."

Without a second thought, Brendon reached over and grabbed Melody's pack of cigarettes, tossing it under the bus so that it was unreachable.

Well, at least, for someone in a tight pink mini skirt and equally as tight white babydoll tee.

"What the fuck, Brendon?"

"I'd like to know the answer to that as well."

The two of them turned around to face a completely disheveled looking Ryan Ross, bags in hand, Melody's included.

"She doesn't need those. I did her a favor."

Ryan threw the bags into the storage area and kissed Melody on the cheek, smiling sweetly.

"I'll get you some more later, k babe?"

"Thanks, Ryro! I'm gonna go get your bunk nice and warm for us, okay?"

Ryan nodded and watched Melody bounce off into the tour bus. Brendon started to walk up the stairs when Ryan tugged on the back of his shirt, leading him back down to the ground. Quickly, before Brendon could protest, Ryan pressed his lips to Brendon's, and as quickly as they were there, they were gone. Brendon involuntarily whined with the loss of contact and mentally scolded himself for doing so.

He couldn't give in.

He wouldn't lose control.

But, Ryan simply smiled and slipped a piece of paper into Brendon's hand, walking past him and into the bus. Brendon stood to the side and read as Spencer and Jon threw their bags in.

"And here is where he entertains that proposition: arrested on possession.
Or. (now if this were you)
Think of what you wouldn't want to happen.
They ended up...well, making love isn't exactly what I'm looking for.
But, you get the picture.
Oh, what a wonderful caricature of intimacy.

Sometimes the things you have to say about yourself aren't nearly as revealing as the words you have for others.
xxx right back at you"

Brendon smiled and crumpled up the paper, tossing it to Spencer with a laugh.

"What the hell is this?"

"That, Spencer Smith, is a challenge. It seems our boy hasn't lost all control quite yet."

Spencer stood next to Brendon, allowing Jon to walk past and whispered to him anxiously.

"Stop calling him our boy, and stop talking about this when he's right inside the fucking bus!"

"You would think, being his best friend and all, that you'd know him better."

Spencer immediately got defensive.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"If there's one thing I know, it's that Ryan Ross gets stuck inside his own head. And the only way to make him come out is to make him come for me."

Immediately realizing what he had said, Brendon stuttered to cover it up.

"I mean...you know...figuratively. I didn't actually mean...although..."

"I get it, Brendon! Just...we can't hurt him."

"Oh, we're way past that. Ryan Ross finds out what we're doing, he'll be ruined. And so will your friendship...and this band."

"So remind me again why I'm a part of this, why I'm risking my entire career for your dick?"

"Because, my friend, the rewards outweigh the risks by more than you can ever imagine."

Spencer shrugged and began to walk up the steps, when Brendon pulled him down like Ryan had done to him earlier. Only, this time, there was no kiss. Just a cold hard stare.

"And besides, it'll make Ryan happy. You want your best friend to be happy...don't you?"

Spencer was fuming, but Brendon was right. They were stuck. He could never come clean with Ryan without risking their friendship and their success. His best friend would simply never forgive him.

But for this, Spencer was never going to forgive Brendon.
..........................................
Man, I am on a roll with this posting thing! lol I've just been feeling really inspired lately and I think it's all your reviews! So keep sending them and I'll keep loving you!

Oh, and the italicized lyrics in their notes/letters are original lyrics from "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" and "Build God, Then We'll Talk" but they weren't included on the recorded versions, so I thought those were a few little interesting things to include...anyhoo, I guess I'll go now and just say xoxo...
Sign up to rate and review this story