Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Mortal Kombat: Quest for the Moon

Chapter One: Enough is Enough!

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

Usagi and Shingo leave their abusive foster family after a fierce arguement with Sailor Mars to compete in an ancient and mystical tournament called Mortal Kombat.

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Romance - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2005-11-05 - Updated: 2005-11-06 - 2803 words

0Unrated
MORTAL KOMBAT: QUEST FOR THE MOON
AUTHOR: Zpan Sven
E-MAIL: Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Sailor Moon or Mortal Kombat, blah blah blah yadda yadda blah...
SUMMARY: Usagi and Shingo leave their abusive foster family after a fierce argument with Sailor Mars to compete in an ancient and mystical tournament called Mortal Kombat.
CHAPTER SUMMARY: Tired and weary of their home life, the twins' decision to leave is cemented after a fierce encounter between Sailor Mars and Sailor Moon.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'm not very fond of Rei/Sailor Mars nor Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen. I have aged Shingo to be Usagi's twin brother instead of her younger one and they live with people they believe to be their foster parents; they are aware the couple is not their biological parents.
I own what has a * by their name and that won't show up until the next chapter.
"Speech."
'Thoughts.'
/Telepathy/
WARNINGS: Angst, sexual situation, extreme language, and violence.
RATING: PG-13 to R
GENRE: Action & Adventure/Martial Arts/Supernatural
ARCHIVE: ask, and ye shall receive (more than likely)
-
-
-
-
CHAPTER ONE: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
-
-
-
To any whom might have looked or paid attention to the young woman that walked passed them, they would have noticed the blood beginning to seep through the back of her jacket or her slight limp, but they had far more important things to worry about. The young woman, a stunningly beautiful petite platinum-blonde around the age of seventeen, walked up the front steps of an average suburban house where she and her twin brother Shingo resided with their foster parents, the Hidoi, a middle aged childless couple; she never called it home, because to her, it was never home. She sighed and silently opened the front door. Silent as a shadow, she crept inside and quietly closed the door and made her way towards the staircase praying to Kami-sama that...

"USAGI!!! Where have you been?!" an irate voice shrieked harshly behind her. She concealed a wince and readjusted her school bag to keep it from digging into a particularly painful cut on her back.

The young woman, Usagi, wearily turned to face her irate foster parents and their combined wrath. There was concern when she saw past them into the kitchen where Shingo had been doing his homework - there was a small splatter of blood that no one had noticed to clean up on the floor under the chair he had been sitting in when she had left.

"I was --" She began only to be stopped by her foster father grabbing hold of her long platinum-blonde hair and pulling her down the stairs.

Usagi winced as she landed on her freshly wounded back before her foster father forced her to her feet by pulling her up by her hair. She gritted her teeth against the pain and stood ready to flee to the dubious safety of her bedroom. Out of the corner of one sapphire blue eye, she could see her foster mother smiling viscously in enjoyment of her pain.

"You are grounded for the next two months, you stupid little bitch." Her foster father shouted as he threw her up against the stairs, "Now go to your room until its time for you to make us dinner, you little whore."

Usagi nodded swiftly and all but ran up the stairs and into the small bedroom she shared with her twin. She quietly closed the door behind her, her eyes scanning the room for her twin. Carefully the petite young woman limped to the center of the bedroom, looking around the tiny, cramped room. The walls were a dingy white and the carpet a colorless gray; the same gray as the worn coverlet and sheets on the small twin beds, each with a hard mattress and a single flat pillow. Laying under the thin covers of his bed was Shingo, who had the covers pulled over his head. Pushed in the corner was a dresser, filled with their meager possessions. That was all that occupied the tiny room they shared. The only thing Usagi liked about it was the single window that faced the backyard.

Her back was screaming in pain from where she had been thrown into a tree. 'I wonder what will kill me first...my foster parents or my job as Sailor Moon?' Usagi wondered with a slight snort of disgust, setting her school bag down and making her way over to where her brother lay.

Through that window, Usagi and Shingo would go to save the world, as Sailor and Soldier Moon... not that her foster family cared. They had no idea that that the heroes that they idealized was their foster children.

Just then, her communicator disguised as a watch went off and heard Shingo's going off as well and he stirred under the covers, a soft man of pain escaping him. She opened her communicator wearily and looked at Rei's angered face.

"Usagi! Shingo! Hurry up and get to the park." Rei spat before cutting off the communication. Sighing, the petite blonde closed her communicator and looked down at her twin brother's prone form.

"You stay put - I'll tell them you've got the 'flu and can't make it," the teen super-heroine said softly.

"Doomo," Shingo said hoarsely, pulling the covers down to look at his sister through a pair of almost swollen shut eyes.

Usagi's shoulders drooped as she walked over to the window - even with their Senshi's ability of an increased rate of healing, they were still walking wounded with all the damage inflicted on them from their foster family and the enemy. Lifting her head, she noted that sunset had begun. As quickly as she could, Usagi opened the window and climbed out onto the roof. She agilely ran down the roof and flipped down to gracefully land in the shadows of the towering trees shading the house.

Gritting her teeth and bracing herself for the pain, she took off for the park only stopping a few blocks away to duck into a shadowed and abandoned alley. She held up her broach and whispered, "Moon Crystal Power!!"

Instantly in a flash of light she was transformed into the pretty sailor suited champion of Love and Justice, Sailor Moon. Moon leaped up onto one of the buildings' fire escapes and rushed to the rooftop. Once there, she began to leap from rooftop to rooftop until she came to the rooftop of the building across from the side entrance to the park. Gracefully Moon leapt down from the rooftop and ran through the side entrance into the park, on guard from any possible ambush. She kept running, only slowing down to stealthily approach what she believed might be the battlefield, hiding her aura as she prepared to attack. To her surprise, she found the Sailor Senshi standing around. Had they defeated the Youma already? Her keen eyes scanned the area around them and found no signs of a battle. What was going on?

"Where are they?" Mars grumbled.

"I'm right behind you, Mars." Moon said coldly. "My twin's too sick, so he couldn't make it."

The Sailor Senshi whirled about to face Moon, surprised that she had managed to sneak up on them.

"Where's the Youma?" Moon questioned as she crossed her arms over her chest.

A sly look suddenly appeared on Mars's face as she spoke, "I don't recall saying anything about a Youma."

Moon was instantly on guard and looked at her fellow Sailor Senshi with a forced calm. Mercury and Jupiter had sad looks on their faces and Venus refused to meet her eyes.

"If there is no Youma to fight, I will be leaving. I have no time for idle chatter, not with my brother as sick as he is. If there's to be a Senshi Meeting, let's have it at the Temple or Jupiter's apartment." Moon informed them coldly, ignoring the pain in her back as she turned and began to walk away from her comrades. Shingo would need medical treatment, she was certain and she didn't want her foster parents to find out she had slipped out - they'd probably take it out on her twin.

"It's about Tuxedo Kamen." Mars said.

Moon didn't even pause as she stated, "What, has he betrayed us yet again? Really, it's getting to be quite a bother rescuing him from whatever menace comes along..."

Mars's face went as red as her skirt before it began to turn an interesting shade of purple. The other Inner Senshi began to edge away from the Mars Senshi as her crimson battle aura appeared. Mercury's blue eyes widened when Mars's lifted her glowing hands, summoning one of her attacks.

'She wouldn't!!' Mercury thought in shock as the unthinkable happened.

"/Mars Burning Mandala!!/" Mars shrieked throwing her flame attack at Moon.

"Sailor Moon!!" Jupiter screamed in horror as her leader was thrown several feet forward.

Moon pushed herself up, pain screaming through out her body. Gritting her teeth, she stood and turned to face Mars, her anger making her shoulders square and her back straighten, despite her pain. The Tsuki-hime's sapphire blue eyes hardened, flashing silver as her gloved hands curled into fists.

"That was your biggest and last mistake," Moon stated, her muscles loosening as she prepared to attack the treacherous Mars-hime.

Mars smirked cruelly and sneered, "What, the widdle baby going to cry and deafen me now?"

The other Senshi gaped at Mars and wondered if she was insane as they watched as she lifted her glowing hands, ready to launch another of her flame attacks.

She never got the chance.

Moon leapt forward, bringing her leg up into a perfect jump kick. Shades of herself seemed to trail behind her as though her shadow was having difficulty keeping up with her from the speed she was displaying. Her booted foot slammed into Mars's chest, sending the larger girl flying backwards to hit the ground hard. Gracefully Moon landed on the ground before the fallen Mars and picked the raven-haired girl up by the front of her sailor-like fuku. The ebon-haired Senshi lifted her fist to punch Moon but never got to throw the punch as the platinum-blonde slammed the back of her own fist across the other Senshi's jaw. The other girl's head snapped to the side, blood and saliva flying from her lips as her teeth lacerated the inside of her cheek and lips. Harshly the Tsuki-hime shoved Mars away from her but shifted her weight on the balls of her feet, ready to kick Mars's ass all over the park if that's what it took.

"Well, Mars?" Sneered Moon as she cracked her knuckles, her silver eyes glowing with the power of the White Moon Kingdom.

Mars staggered to her feet, clutching her aching jaw as she tried to stare the much more petite Senshi down. Moon didn't back down and from the silver glow that surrounded her, she was ready to continue fighting. Jupiter and Venus stepped between the two to prevent the fight from continuing while Mercury stared aghast at the readings her mini-laptop was showing her.

"Tuxedo Kamen has betrayed us again and we want to go after him, to try and bring him back to our side," Venus said, glaring at Mars.

"Why bother? He will just betray us again and again and again...I could go on..." Moon sighed, shaking her head as she turned away from them.

"Some leader you are!" Screeched the enraged Mars while she was futilely trying to pull out of Jupiter's hold, who had caught her in a tight grip when she had gone to lunge for the Tsuki-hime to restart the fight.

Moon paused, turning back to stare coldly into Mars's eyes and spoke in a soft voice edged in steel, "You want to lead so badly? Guess what, you're now in charge. I wonder how many of the others will stay in the group with you as leader. I have a hunch that they will follow my lead and strike off on their own in order to get away from a psycho-bitch like you. Have a nice life. If I ever see you again, I will strip you of your title and powers as is my right as the tsuki-hime."

With that announcement, Moon then turned and stalked away from her former comrades with the grace only royalty possessed. Slipping into an alley, she stood, fists clenched. Taking a calming breath, she allowed the transformation to fade away. By then she had regained her hold on her temper and hurried out of the alley to go help Shingo. Silently she ran into the backyard before agilely leaping upon the roof and climbed back into the bedroom she shared with her brother.

"Usa?" Shingo's head lifted slightly and he looked relieved. "You OK? I felt so much anger through our link..."

"I've been better," she sighed as she kneeled at his bedside. "Tuxedo Kamen's been brainwashed by this mystery enemy of ours."

"/Again/?!" He groaned and let his head fall back onto the pillow. "What a baka!"

"That's my opinion of it too. He gets brainwashed too easily which makes me wonder if he's really on our side."

"You tell the others this?" He queried.

"Nope. I quit the Senshi after Rei attacked me."

"She did what?!" he hissed, sitting up abruptly, only to bite back a yelp of agony as pain lanced through his side.

"Stay down!" she warned, helping him lay back.

"/Itai/..." He gritted his teeth. "You are the Tsuki-no-Hime -- how dare she attack you?! What about the others? What did they do?"

"They were in shock from what I could see. But then again they also wanted to rescue Tuxedo-baka..." She grumbled.

"...I am glad you're back. I felt something in the room with me while you were gone." He said softly.

She tensed, turning as she looked around the room warily. There did seem to be something off about the room, now that he mentioned it. Her eyes landed on the clock. Maybe, just maybe....

"Do you feel up to leaving?" Usagi asked softly.

"Leave? As in...run away? Where would we go?" He looked surprised at his twin.

"The Outers probably." She sighed. He nodded.

"Let's do it - the beatings have been getting worse and worse...even our enhanced rate of healing is not able to keep up." Shingo agreed.

"Right." She stood swiftly and hurried over to the tiny dresser that housed all of their clothing. Shingo rolled out of the bed carefully as she started pulling the clothing out of the dresser and setting them on her bed. When they were all on her bed she crouched down and pulled a gym bag out from underneath her bed and behind her knew that her twin was doing the same. Opening up her bag, she carefully began to pack her meager possessions into it and tucked her small stash of cash in a pouch before zipping it into the inner lining of the bag. She went into the closet and grabbed their school bags as Shingo packed his clothing into his bag. He was zipping his own stash of money away as she set his school bag beside him.

In unison they pulled out their school books and put all of their respective writing and drawing supplies in their school bags. Taking his school books and her own, Usagi stood placed them onto their shared dresser. That was when she saw it -- a scroll of ancient looking paper that had a dragon symbol emblazoned on the wax that sealed it closed.

"Shingo," she hissed softly and heard him grunt slightly in pain as she stood and limped over to her side.

"What do you think it is?" He murmured, looking at the scroll warily. "Think it might be a trap?"

"Only one way to find out," the Tsuki-hime said grimly. She picked up the scroll and broke the wax emblem, unrolling it and reading what had been written on it. In a low voice she read the kanji that was written on it to her twin brother, "Noble warriors of the Moon, you have been Chosen to take part in the ancient and noble tournament Mortal Kombat..."

She stopped reading it and looked up at Shingo, a hard, cynical smile on her face. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Yeah." He was looking at the address provided at the bottom. "By the time we get to that pick up location, we'll be fully healed and ready to kick ass. Let's do it."

Usagi rolled the scroll back up and they turned, placing their respective luggage into their sub-space pockets. Stealthily they crept to the still open window and slipped out, as silent as the clouds drifting across the Moon...
Sign up to rate and review this story