Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Tried To See You Forgetting About Me.

Chapter Twenty-Three

by ryanrossISsove 3 reviews

piano? rachels POV? ddddduuuuudee.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-03 - Updated: 2007-05-04 - 1187 words

0Unrated
NOTE: Hi, haha, yeah so I decided that once in a while, from now on, I might just do Rachel's POV, because it might just make the story that much more interesting. Let's try this thing out. =]=]=]

Pete's POV-

I closed the car door behind me, and walked up the Saporta steps, for the second time today.
I knocked on the door, and Gabe opened.

"We, are going to have so much fun tonight. Just me, you, and Rachel." he said, slinging his arm around me, and leading me to the couch, were Rachel sat, watching T.V.
"Oh, hey Pete." she said, her eyes still glued to the television.
"Hey." I said, trying to jump in to what she was watching.

Gabe opened the fridge, and took out a 6 pack of beer.
"Pete?" he said, holding out a beer.
"You know I don't drink, Gabe." I told him.
"Oh, yeah." he said, opening the beer for himself, and chugging it. Rachel just watched, obviously in disgust. Why is she even with him, if she doesn't like him?

After about two hours, of basically me and Rachel trying to uncomfortably watch T.V and talk over Gabe's at first, fast rambling, followed by his short session of slow, slurred rambling, Gabe finally passed out cold. Me and Rachel lifted his lightweight body, and tucked him into bed.

We went back down stairs, and sat on the couch.

"Ugh, I need..." Rachel sighed.
"Stop. Tell that to someone who cares." I said, interrupting her whines for drugs.
"Pete, how are we going to do this?" she asked, looking quite depressed.
"Actually, I have a small idea..." I said, letting brilliance step in.
"Oh yeah, and what's that?" she asked, seaming interested.
"Well, I know you play bass, but I think because your so good at it, that it bores you. So, I was thinking, you should do something, find a hobby, worth while, that'll keep your mind off drugs." I told her.

"Like what?" she asked.
"Name an instrument, you wanna learn." I said.
"I don't know..." I said.
Then, I got a shock of absolute brilliance, like always.
"Wait, I have an idea." I said.
"What?" she asked.
"You'll see...but, I think I have the perfect idea on an instructor..." I said, thinking.
"Pete...what's up your sleeve?" she asked.
"My arm." I said, casually.
"Jesus, you're a loser." she said.
"Yeah. Hey, have you ever taken classical piano into consideration?" I asked, quickly letting her in on my big idea.
"Wait...what?" she asked.
__________________________
The next day.
Rachel's POV (Yess! Be exited.)

I walked up the steps, to the address Pete gave me, and rang the door bell. He wanted me to play classical piano...me, Rachel. Classical piano. Is he crazy?
I heard someone scurry to the door, and open it. It was a gardener.
"Oh, are you here for the piano lesson?" he asked, a watering can in his hand.
"Uh yeah...but Pete didn't tell me who was instructing...are you...my instructor?" I asked.
"Oh heavens no! I'm your instructor's gardener, dear. Right this way, into the grand piano room." he said, showing me.

I turned the corner, and saw a familiar face, sitting at a grand piano.
"Hello Rachel, come sit." he said.
I smiled.
"You're...going to teach me?" I asked, sitting next to him, on the piano bench.
"Of course, dear." he said.
I sat down.
"So, do you know any basics?" he asked.
"Basics?" I repeated.
"Yeah, like...chop sticks?"
I shoke my head, no.
"Mary had a little lamb?" he asked, worry on his face.
I shoke my head, again.
"Ode to joy?" he asked, with desperation.
"I've never played the stupid piano." I said.
"What?" he asked, quietly.

"Uh.." I said, trying to say it again.
"Stupid? Dear, the piano is like...the greatest. Hun, I went through a hell of a lot of pain recently, to show my love for this gorgeous instrument." he said, pulling up his sleeve, and showing me his new tattoo.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen.
Brendon Boyd Urie, is going to attempt to teach me to play classical piano.
"Wanna warm up your pipes?" he asked, cracking his knuckles, and placing his fingers on the keys.
"What?" I asked.
"Wanna sing, while I play?" he asked.
"What are you going to play?" I asked.
"See if you recognize this." he asked.
He looked up, cracked his neck, and started playing, quite fast, the piano notes for "There's A Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet."
"Uh..." I said.

"Sing." he said, as he kept playing the intro.
"Uh, Please leave all overcoats, canes and top hats, with the doorman from that moment you'll be out of place and underdressed, I'm wreaking this evening already and, loving every minute of it, ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and..." Suddenly, he took his hands off the keys.
"You, have a very nice voice." he said.
"Oh, thanks." I said, smiling.
"So, first we're going to teach you how to play Introduction." he said, a smirk on his face.
My face went blank.
"Wait...as in...the one on AFUCSO?" I asked.
"Mhm, it's easy." he said.
"Uh...." I said.

"I'm totally kidding." he said, laughing afterward.
"Oh...okay." I said, giggling a little.
"Yeah, you really think you'd be able to play that first time? Someday, I suposse." He said.
I just laughed. He got me good.
"I remember when Ryan had his first piano lesson. He's good now, though. So, it's possible." he said, remembering.
"How are you and Ryan?" I asked.
"Oh fine." he said, smiling.
"Good." I said.

"How are you and Gabe?" he asked.
"Oh...fine." I said, with a fake smile.
"That's...good." he said, with a (strangely) faker smile.
"So, I'm gonna teach you 'mary had a little lamb'" he said.
"Oh...okay." I said, smiling, and looking at the piano.
He took my hand in his, and placed each of my fingers on a key, telling me there names. I shook my head, and listened close.
We worked all afternoon, until I finally learned three songs. I was quite good.
"Good job, that's enough for today, love." Brendon said, smiling, and putting the cover on top over the keys.
We both got up, and he walked me to the door.
"Great job, really." he said, looking down, then up.
"Thanks so much, for being willing to teach me." I said, smiling.
"No, really. It's okay. It's my pleasure." He said, a blush rising to his cheeks.
I smiled, and giggled.
"Okay, every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday afternoon, at one o' clock, you've got a lesson. Okay?" He said.
"Got it. See you Thursday." I said, heading out to the car.
"Bye Rach." He said, waving.
"Bye Bren, thanks." I said, before heading home.
Piano. I can do this.

Okay, just a bitty filler, I'll get you some drama soon, very soon. Anyway, reviews would keep my life support plugged in, and me alive. And frankly, I like life. =]=]=]=]
Sign up to rate and review this story