Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Everclear Songbook Series

Blind

by Aerin 0 reviews

Post OotP: A story of Harry, his escape from the Dursleys', and his journeys. Told in songfiction form to the songs of the amazing band Everclear. Rated for some mild lyrics.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-11-07 - Updated: 2005-11-08 - 950 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three: Blind

Do you remember when we were hungry

Do you remember when we were cold?

Do you remember when we were happy

Do you remember? Do you remember?


He stalked through the rain, toting his bag away from the airport and hailing a taxi. When the yellow cab stopped, he opened the door and climbed in, shutting it behind him and telling the driver "Corner of Third and Fifth, please." The man merely nodded and took off, allowing the passenger to settle back in the seat and think.

Do you remember when we were lucky

We were livin' the life almost every night

I would wrap you in my thin white arms

Sit and watch the stars glide.


He tipped the man when the taxi stopped and got out, walking another block north until he reached the Smithson Hotel. Pusheing through the doors and walking to the front desk, he set his bag on the ground and rang the bell. A harried looking desk clerk came over. "Yes sir? How may I help you?"

"Mr. Jimmy Evanson would like to check in," he informed her quietly.

She nodded and tapped something into her computer. "Room 409, sir. Here's your key." He nodded and walked to the elevator.

Yeah, do you remember when we were the losers

Do you remember when we were the lame?

Do you remember when we were the lepers

Do you remember? Do you remember?


He flopped down on the bed. He hoped they wouldn't be able to find them here- he didn't know why they would think to look in New York City. But it didn't matter, as he was leaving tomorrow. He had accepted a double position as DADA and English teacher at the combination magic and Muggle school in Ithica. It was highly unlikely they would think of him there, but he had taken the necessary precautions. The six-foot even, brown haired, brown eyed James Evers would start work on Monday.

Do you remember when we were strung out

Eatin' Top Ramen, macaroni and cheese?

We would get so lost in that basement room

Let the Otis Redding sing us to sleep.

I wish I had one more life...


He suddenly paid attention to the words drifting in his ears courtesy of the iPod he had bought. That made just too much sense... Sirius...

I don't wanna be wasted

I don't wanna live inside this daydream anymore

I just wanna be happy again

I don't wanna be wasted, I don't wanna be blind.


Harry mentally smirked. He was blind as a bat without his glasses. He made a mental note to get some contacts; the glasses were getting annoying, and he was sick of them. Besides, if the Order got a tip he was at Ithica School of Contemporary Magics, the glasses combined with the name would be a dead giveaway.

I don't wanna be wasted

I don't wanna live inside this daydream anymore

I just wanna be happy again

I don't wanna be wasted, I don't wanna be (blind)

I don't wanna be wasted, I don't wanna be (blind)

I don't wanna be wasted, I don't wanna be blind.


He wished he wasn't blind, in the metaphorical sense moreso than the physical one. He wished he had been able to see things in the past... that reacher was lying... that Voldemort's vision was fake... he wished he could have seen all the lies, the pain, the suffering... the truth...

I wish I could be like all my heroes

I wish I could be like all yours too

I wish I could sing like Otis Redding

I wish I could play this guitar in tune.


A thought struck him. Well, more of a memory really. Dudley had once gottan a guitar for his birthday, but fed up with his lectures, he had smashed it into the all. When Harry had moved into the second bedroom, he had wished it was fixed so he could learn to play- he loved the sounds of a classical guitar. To his surprise, when he woke up the next morning it was good as knew. He had had barely enough time to teach himself to somewhat play before Vernon had found out and thrown it away. He ought to buy another one.

Do you remember when we were hungry?

Do you remember when we were cold?

Do you remember when we were happy in a way

No one outside could ever know?

I wish I had one more life

How I wish I had one more life to live.


"One more life..." he whispered. He would give anything for one more life. One more chance to make it all better, to fix all of the stupid, careless mistakes he had made...

I don't wanna be wasted

I don't wanna live inside of this daydream anymore

I just wanna be happy again

I don't wanna be wasted, I don't wanna be (blind).

I don't wanna be wasted

No, I don't wanna live inside of this daydream anymore

I just wanna be happy again

I dont wanna be wasted, I don't wanna be

I dont wanna be wasted, I don't wanna be

I dont wanna be wasted, I don't wanna be blind

No, I don't want to be blind

No, I don't want to be blind.


He sighed and turned over on the bed, switching off the iPod and turning off the light. One more life...

One more life where he just wasn't blind.

A/N: And there my friends is chapter four... where what I had posted at FF.N ended and the evil no songfiction rule took effect. eventually I will write the rest of this songbook...
Aerin
Sign up to rate and review this story