Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Reference of Destroy Me

First Impressions leave unhealed wounds

by WillBertluverX 1 review

Call me Bernadette. I am an outspoken girl. Shy on the outside. I have a problem. It's a Boy. One of those stupid ones. I've just met him. Some kind of Rock star. Not what I needed. B...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-06 - Updated: 2007-05-06 - 795 words

0Unrated
I guess they thought it would be okay to just show up right? Wrong. I mean I really love the guys, but them being associated with Pete is one thing I don't want to deal with. So here I am sitting in the bathroom of the school waiting for some time to pass by....want to know how Pete and I started out? Might as well tell you while I'm sitting here.

See as you know Quincy introduced us, one thing you don't know about her is; her dad is part of the Fueled by Ramen company. I met her my freshman year, at that time Ramen just was up and running. Finally; here comes the Pete part(if you have been waiting.). My senior year I met Pete Wentz, I remember the exact day it was May 3, 2003.


Quincy's dad gave us sample music of the band and we fell in love with it. After school that day Quincy said she had a surprise, I wish I would have known it was a surprise that would last me a lifetime. But anyway, her dad drove us to her house and there waiting was the boys themselves. At the time I was 18 and still in my giddy stage, soon as I saw them I screamed my lungs out. After I was calmed down we got a chance to hang out with the guys.

Flashback>>>>whoosh!...

Quincy dragged me in to the kitchen for a little pow wow.

" Bernadette you have to talk to Pete. I heard from a little birdie he thinks you're cute." she said her face glowing.

"Quincy, he just met me. I mean he is going to be famous I'm just some average girl from France."

She looked at me with bright eyes. " Exactly! You're from France, you should go tell him that. I'll distract the boys while you two mingle." she shooed me out of the kitchen then offered to feed the others.

Nervously I sat down next to Pete, glancing at him from the corner of my eye. We sat there for a while in silence, but then he got up and walked towards the back door.

" Where are you going?" I asked shyly.

" I need some air, you can come with." I nodded and followed in behind.

We sat in the lawn chairs just kind of staring at each other. I wondered what he was thinking, he looked out of place to me. He wasn't so sure of himself.

I shifted in my seat a little. " How are you going to be a rock star if you're are not sure of yourself?"

He looked down at his feet then back up to me. " What do you mean?"

I paused for a moment surprised he was responding. " I can tell you have a low self- esteem, just by the way you walk and talk. If you want to be a rock star then you better get it together."

" I feel out of place..."

" I know, but throughout your career you'll be traveling the world. You won't be at home, you will always be out of place. If you want to be a rock star then at least fake your confidence, your fans will depend on it."

" You are a smart one. Who are you anyways?"

" Yea I am smart..." I smirked.

" ...I am Bernadette. Quincy's friend."

"Well then Bernadette where are you from?"

" Dumb. I'm from Paris. Can't you tell?" I gave him a cheesy smile.

" Say something in French..."
" Vous êtes un sourd-muet fuck!" I giggled.

"What does it mean?"

" You are one dumb fuck!" the expression on his face was priceless.

" Well...uh thanks."

" I'm kidding. I'll call you Dents; teeth." his 100 watt smile was key!

" Okay. I'll call you Dette, Dents&Dette! Come over here...sit." he motioned towards his lap.

I shook my head.

" Awe come on." he gave me his smile and I gave in.

Sitting down he looked up at me and gave me a hug. I must say it was a weird feeling , I barely knew him.

" Boyfriend?"

" Nope. Girlfriend?"

"Nope. But I want one. You."

" You just met me and you pick me?"

" Yep, you are the chosen one." he said in a star wars kind of way.

" It won't work out."

"Why?"

" I'm 18. You are?"

" 25." he looked up at me disappointed.

" Well. Friends is always good."

" When you turn 20 I'll be 27 that will be the time."

" How do you know if I'll still want you and vise versa."

" I don't"

I gave him a peck on the cheek and walked back into the house telling Quincy I was walking home. I wasn't upset at the time, but now I am. I didn't know that my first impressions would keep him mesmerized forever.
Sign up to rate and review this story