Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alter Ego

Volontà siete miniera.

by aqueous 1 review

The morning after.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-07 - Updated: 2007-05-07 - 1471 words

0Unrated
A/N: Okay so its's 1 in the morning, the day of my play (one of the five shows) I can't sleep and i have fake nails on. What better time to write!

Alright so nothings really important to say, just thanks so much for the feed back I'm SO happy you loved that last chapter. Here we go.

- - - -

Chapter 7

All slept soundly that night, all except Archie. He woke up constantly in the middle of night, he paced the floor, and finally stood outside wearing nothing but his boxers. The chill of the air allowed him to feel free, to clear his mind. He finally understood why she stood out there earlier. He watched as the sun rose, he couldn't help but smile at the sight. He gazed along the railing and out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a group of white lilies. An idea shot into his head. He picked one gently, and went to the kitchnette. He prepared her breakfast as quiet as possible keeping in mind the time.

When finished he placed the breakfast on the table and lay the flower across it. He thought hopefully this action would speak louder than his words. He stole a piece of toast himself and took a large bite, he was starving. He walked over to their door, he noticed a newspaper had dropped by. He decided to let her shower first, he went sat outside on the balcony with the newspaper and read quietly instead.

Atlanta woke up after quite a sound sleep. She always thought sleep was wonderful after a good cry. She gathered her things and placed them within the washroom. She went to steal a glass of juice and she suddenly stopped. She saw a glass there waiting for her, with a well made breakfast with a lily laid across. She slowly picked up the delicate flower and took in its sweet smell. She snapped off the stem and tucked it temporarily behind her ear. Archie had been watching her and turned as she turned to find him. She saw him sitting outside enjoying the day, she figured he must be freezing only half dressed.

A small smile spread across her face and she touched the flower by her ear gently. Archie saw this out of the corner of his eye as she walked away a smile spread across his as well. Atlanta then went into the shower, she placed the lily in her room in a glass of water by her window.

- - - -

Herry had risen early and he sat in the main common room with a cup of coffee reading the latest sports news. Jay walked in and he smiled at his friend.

"How was you're sleep?" he said sitting at the seat across from him.

"Like a baby." Herry said barely lifting his eyes from the paper, he sipped his coffee. He put it down with the coffee on the table.

"I forgot how early you get up." Jay said yawning, he still had not showered on account of Theresa using the shower.

"I wonder what were gonna do today, I hope something exciting." Herry said leaning back in his chair.

"Well with these girls we'll be lucky if we get out around noon." Jay chuckled.

"Is everything alright with you two.." Herry said eyeing Jay, " I mean you and Theresa, I thought I heard arguing last night.." he trailed off.

"Oh its nothing, she thinks i'm too tense or something to that extent.." Jay mumbled.

"Theresa may not be as silly as you think, sometimes you don't know how to relax Jay." He sighed, "You're in this beautiful place with this beautiful girl that really cares for you and just wants you to enjoy life, and you are so blind to see it."

Jay was silent for a moment, "I guess if you put it that way--God I'm so stupid!" He placed his hand on his head and rubbed his brow. He couldn't understand why he's been acting so strange.

"Don't worry she didn't sound too upset, and you know Theresa, nothing depresses that girl for long!" He chuckled. "Besides we might go shopping today." Jay joined in the light laughter, and Theresa walked in.

"Ah-- Morning boys!" she said happily, she plopped herself beside Herry and picked up the paper. Jay just smiled, it seemed as if nothing had ever happened. Finally it was his turn to get ready.

- - - -

Screams and wild curses could be heard from down the hall where Neil and Dorian stayed. Each had fought to get the bathroom, then a mirror. Co-operation was hard when they both wished to look beautiful.

- - - -

Archie wad now growing impatient, he never could understand what girls do that takes so long in the bathroom. He knocked on the door lightly.

"Lanta, is been almost half an hour." He said his voice almost sing-song like. He got no answer so he bashed on the door harder. "Atl--" suddenly the door opened and he nearly fell into her. She brushed past him, a wisp of steam that smelled like sweat roses fell over him.

When he was undressing he noticed something on the fogged up mirror, she had drawn thank you across it. Archie smiled, he loved how they didn't even have to speak to make a truce. He traced a heart around it thoughtfully, then reality kicked in and he smudged it with his hand.

- - - -

All were finally gathered in the common room, around early afternoon, on account of Odie's habit of sleeping in. All were conversing excitedly this was their day to relax and go out into the city and have some fun!

Dorian suggested that they walk to a ice cream stand near the university. He called it a Gelateria. (Gelato meaning ice-cream in italian.) He said it has the best ice cream in all Rome.

- - - -

Everyone was amazed at their first taste of italian culture. They stood wide eyed in front of the counter looking at all the flavours to choose from. Dorian casually in Italian ordered his favourite, giandula (a mix of several fruits), with a dollop of what he called panna (whipped cream) on top. The portion was quite large, only costing 5 euros.

"What's Fragola?" Atlanta asked confused.

"It's Strawberry." Archie said nudging her.

"Since when do you know Italian?" She asked.

"My parents are Italian, I know some." He shrugged. Atlanta was ashamed of the things she never paid attention to with Archie, she should have known that.

In the end Jay stuck with his traditional vanilla, and Theresa felt like she needed to indulge with chocolate and extra whipped cream. Herry felt tempted to try Zabaglione, a crowd favourite, although they do not know what it contains. The others stuck to their fruit flavours, all except Odie, who preferred to have something later.

- - - -

They all sat at a nice quaint table with chairs and a parasol umbrella above. Theresa frowned as her whipped cream began to melt fast. She whimpered trying to eat it fast.

"You shouldn't have ordered so much whipped cream.." Jay laughed.

"How could I not, everyone LOVES whipped cream." She said defensively.

"Well I don't like it that much..." He said not looking at her, in fear of what she'd do. Theresa annoyed and feeling a little playful picked a dollop of whipped cream off the top and smushed it in his face. Jay first in shock started laughing then wiped his hand across his face and licked it off.

"See EVERYONE." She said smirking. Jay took the last bit and placed a bit perfectly on her nose, Atlanta began to laugh at this.

"Verry funny." She said, she then turned her attention to the others. "So Dorian, where are we off to next may I ask?" She shoveled another full spoon of ice cream in her mouth. Jay loved that she was not afraid to eat in front of everyone, it was like she was one of the guys.

"Well I thought we could go on a carriage ride..." he said swallowing his ice cream, he brushed his curly brown lock of hair from his grey eyes. "It goes through the beautiful Parco di Traiano, we then can go to dinner." He smiled at their amazement of his knowledge.

"Dinner, just what I've been waiting for." Herry said finishing his last mouthful of cream.

"I've never had anything italian besides pizza," Odie admitted. Dorian chuckled.

"You foreigners," he said laughing, "It's a very famous restaurant: Ristorante Agata E Romeo Caraccio." The girls hung on his italian words.

Archie leaned over and whispered into Atlanta's ear. "Volontà siete miniera." (1)Atlanta giggled and punched his arm.

"Stop speaking gibberish Archie!" His face turned a little sad, but he cheered up as they got ready to go.

- - - -

(1) Will you be mine.
Sign up to rate and review this story