Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Wipe That Smile Off You're Face

Making Love To The Camera (And Other Inanimate Objects)

by fob4ever 4 reviews

"Spring Broke" into pieces.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-05-07 - Updated: 2008-05-20 - 3157 words

0Unrated
Jazie wakes up to the tropical sun beating down on her face. She groans and rolls over on her side, facing away from the window.

"I never realized until now how much the sun sucks." She mumbled to herself as she sat up on the bed.

She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and got up.

She winced at the pain on her shoulders. She walked over to a large mirror hanging on the wall to see a sunburn in the making all along her shoulders and back.

"Damn." She grabbed some aloe off the bed stand and walked over to her bag. She picked out an outfit for the day and grabbed a towel out of the little closet in her room.

She took her handful of clothes and walked over toward the bathroom. Before she opened the door, she heard the water running in the shower. She sighed, looking down at her watch.

"11:30. Shit. I slept in." She rubbed her forehead and carefully leaned herself against the wall, trying not to irritate her sunburn further.

That didn't work.

"Ouch." She breathed out heavily and decided that she really didn't need to lean against the wall after all. She walked over to the living room area and set her stuff on the couch. She walked over into the kitchen and pulled a water bottle out of the mini fridge.

Her cell phone went off on the counter.

She walked over and opened it without checking who called.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jaze."

"Who is this?"

A chilling laugh rang through the phone.

"Jazie. Quite playing stupid."The voice had an angry undertone.

"Ok, seriously. Who the fuck is this?"

Jazie was confused, and thoroughly creaped out.

"Hey now, the cursing wasn't necessary."

"What the fuck do you want? Who is this?!" Jazie was yelling into the phone. She knew who it was. She just wanted him to admit it.

"Aw, come on Jazie. Is this how you treat your own flesh and blood? It's been a while. How's everything going Babe?"

"Oh fuck off Ryan. Now you want to consider me family? Ha. You just get funnier and funnier the longer your away. Oh and by the way, mom and dad moved. To where, I have no fucking clue. But I'm not living with them anymore."

"I see. How did they take that?"

She laughed sarcastically.

"They didn't. It's not like I asked permission. I ran away. And not even really that far. I know they knew where I went. They just didn't care. But I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"You know I love you Jazie babe."

"You sure do have a funny way of showing it jackass. How'd you get my cell phone number anyway? When you left, I didn't have one yet."

"Mom and Dad. I called em a few weeks ago."

"I'm surprised they even acknowledged my existence." Jazie said bitterly.

"They didn't really. I just asked for your number and they gave it to me. They didn't say much else." He confessed not-so sadly.

"Oh. Thanks. Well, this was fun and all, but I'm trying to enjoy my vacation and you're fucking it up for me. I'm gonna hang up now. Bye." Jazie was about to hang up when he said something that caught her by surprise/off guard.

"I know where they are."Ryan snuck this fact in at the last minute, knowing it would stop her from hanging up.

"Where?" Jazie suddenly became nervous. She didn't even really know why. But it was really more of a mixture of pissed and vengeful than anything else.

"I don't think I'm going to tell you. I don't see why it would make a difference if you aren't living with them anymore, anyway. I just wanted to call and see you were still alive."

Jazie's anger was growing with every line of bullshit he was feeding her. "Oh, you care now? You didn't seem to when you left me with them. Thanks for that, by the way. Many visits to the hospital followed your little departure, courtesy of dad and mom. When you left, it seemed that dad put all of his hatred for you on me. But never dawned on you, did it?"

"I really didn't mean for it to end the way it did. I just had to get out Jazie. You understand, right?"

"Ha-ha. Right. Well, I wish it were that easy for me. I wish I could have just walked out. I couldn't. Where was I supposed to go? I was fucking 14. A little 14 year old girl really can't fight off a 200 pound drunk. I'm sure you didn't think of that though when you packed up all your shit and hit the road. You know what? I'm over it. I have a better life now. Bye Ryan."

She hung up the phone before he could reply.

She sucked in a breath to heal her deprived lungs. She was holding in air through the whole conversation.

"I hate you." She whispered. She sunk down behind the counter. She lifted her knees to her chin and wrapped her arms around them. She tried to stay quiet, but she couldn't stop the tears from dropping. Her breath quivered. A tear slid down her cheek, hung on her chin, and eventually fell down onto her shorts and stained them with a wet drop of silent pain. One after another; this was the pattern. She sat there for what seemed like eternity. Her mind drifted in and out of consciousness.

I thought I was getting better. I guess I was just trying to bury the past. Ha-ha. Great job you're doing so far Jazie. You're just making it worse. Story of my life. You're a fucking wreck. Suck it up and go take a shower. You have a concert to go to and a cute musician to see today.

She wiped the tears from her face and got up off the floor.

She wiped her shorts off; why, she didn't know. The floor was spotless.

She grabbed her shit off of the couch and walked over to the bathroom. Just as she was about to knock on the door, Sarah emerged, wrapped in a towel with her hair in a messy bun.

"Hey babe. Good nights sleep?" She winked at her.

Jazie chuckled. "Just fine. Thank you."

She walked past her and walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind her.

"Don't lock the door, I need to do my hair and shtuff." Jazie heard Sarah yell through the door.

"Fine. Whatever." She looked at herself in the mirror; her hands were gripping the edge of the sink keeping her balanced, at least physically.

Her face was skinnier than usual, if that was possible. Her skin looked healthier though, maybe from all the sun. Her hair was oily and had a million split ends. She sighed and started taking her clothes off, and jumped into the shower.

She stood under the hot stream of water. She liked the feeling of it beating down on her head. It was therapeutic. It felt like all the bad was washing out of her mind; at least for a second or two.

She sighed, taking the steam from the hot water into her lungs, and breathing it all out. She repeated this over and over. She almost forgot to wash her hair.

Suddenly, Jazie was knocked out of her trance when Sarah barreled through the door. She didn't even take notice of Jazie standing there naked in the shower.

"God Sarah! Privacy." Jazie said, irritated that she couldn't even get a little alone time.

"Oh please Jazie. I'm not a pervert, or a lesbian. So I'm not gonna look at you. I said I needed to do my hair. Did you forget already? She asked while she plugged in a straighter and opening her make-up bag.

"No. Never mind." Jazie waved her off. She gave up on trying to hold on to the little dignity she still had and started to wash her hair. When she was done, she turned off the water and reached around the curtain to grab her towel.

Sarah handed it to her after watching her struggle for about 5 minutes to find the towel by groping ever inch of the bathroom without ever actually looking around the curtain.

"Thanks." Jazie wrapped herself up and stepped out of the shower. She started drying her hair with another towel. She, without even realizing it, started humming Get Bust Living and Sarah just giggled at Jazie's cute habit.

"What?" Jazie looked up.

"Nothing." Sarah pretended that she didn't mean anything by the laugh.

"I'm not stupid Sarah. What is it?"

"You're just really crazy about his guy, huh?" Jazie smiled slightly.

"I don't know yet. We'll see." She admitted. She wasn't sure just yet which guy she was talking about.

"All riiiiight." Sarah smiled.

"So what's the plan for today?" Jazie asked after blow drying her hair.

"It seems that the boys are booked today, so it'll just be the two of us. But around 5 or so, the guys are performing, and part of what we won was free tickets into the show. So we're goin to that. I don't know what else to do." Sarah said while trying to put on her eyeliner.

She can't really talk and do make up at the same time. Guess it's too complicated for her. She can't even drink something and walk at the same time. Wow.

"How about we go to that dolphin thing." Jazie suggested.

"What dolphin thing?"

"You go down to the beach and this tour guy takes you out to swim with dolphins. I heard that it's really cool."

"Yah! Sounds awesome. Lezzgo." Sarah declared, sticking her eye liner up in the air.

Jazie laughed.

"We have to go up to the front desk and schedule it first, hun. After we're done getting ready, we can go down stairs and get some lunch. Than we'll go. Sound good?"

"Yup. Okay. Let's DO IT."

Jazie looked at her friend.

"............."

Sarah sighed. "You know what I mean. Sick-o."

Jazie laughed and nudged her friend, than walked out of the bathroom and got her make-up bag out of her carry on.

When she returned, Sarah was dressed and waiting.

"Damn. Speedy McQuick." Jazie nudged past her and positioned herself in front of the mirror. She doesn't wear that much make-up. She just put on a little powder, mascara, and lip gloss and she was ready to go. Sarah walked over into the living room and waited for her to finish up.

Jazie walked into her room really quickly.

"Hurry up Jaze. I'm hungry!" Sarah pouted from the couch.

"Shut up. I'm going as fast as I can." Jazie shouted back from her room.

She picked out a tank top and a pair of denim shorts, changed, and walked back out with her purse to get Sarah.

"Let's go woman."

Sarah looked up from the tv and smiled. "All right."

They walked out of the room and down the hall toward the elevator. As soon as they got into the lobby, they walked up to the front desk.

"Good afternoon. How may I help you?" The woman at the front desk asked.

"Hey. We wanted to do the dolphin dive thing. We have to schedule it, right?" Jazie asked.

"Yes ma'am, you do. Would you like to go today?"

"Yah. That would be preferred."

"Alright. The only times we have open today are at 3:30 and 6:15. Would one of those times work for you?" She asked, looking from the computer screen to them.

"Um, what time is it right now?" Sarah asked.

"It is 12:03 right now." The woman confirmed.

"Alright. Sarah, what do you think?" Jazie looked at her friend.

"Uh, how about the 3:30 one, so we have time to hang out with the boys after the show." Sarah suggested.

"Sounds alright to me. We would like to go at 3:30." Jazie said to the woman.

"Ok. I can schedule that for you. What are the names of everyone attending the dive?"

"Sarah Fielder and Jazie Martian, we, will be the only ones going." Jazie pointed between the two.

"I see. All right. You have to have these passes with you at all times." The woman gave them two laminated passes with little dolphins illustrated in them.

"When it's around 3:00, I suggest that you make your way down to the eastern beach. There's a dock with a few boats there. When you get down there, there will be a boat named The Newport Pearl. That's the boat you will be on. They will instruct you on the safety precautions and necessary tools you will be using when you get there. Have fun." The woman said.

"Thank you. And we will." Jazie called behind her as she turned to leave with Sarah in toe.

They walked over to a restaurant on the outer part if the building. They were seated at a table and chatted while browsing the menus. Jazie looked up at Sarah curiously. Sarah had a goofy grin plastered on her face since this morning and Jazie wanted to know what was up.

"Soooo, Sarah. What did you do last night?" Jazie asked nonchalantly while keeping her eyes glued to the menu in front of her.

Sarah looked up at Jazie and grinned wider, if that were even possible at this point.

"Sooo?" Jazie was waiting for Sarah to answer her and fill her gossip quota for the day.

"Well...nothing really." Sarah fiddled with the corners of the menu and OBVIOUSLY trying to avoid eye contact.

"Sarah....tell me what went down, and I might tell you what happened with me and Patrick last night." Jazie offered.

Sarah perked up. "OK! Fine. So when we got up to my hotel room, Ioffered for him to come inside with me, just to hang out." Sarah paused.

Jazie watched her, wide eyed, waving for her to keep going.

Sarah laughed lightly.

"Alright. So when we got in the room, it was a little awkward. So i suggested we watch a movie or something." She paused, watching Jazie for a reaction. Nothing. She continued.

"So we rented a random movie and after about 30 minutes of what I believe was Cars, we turned off the tv and started talking. I know we kind of knew each other all ready, but we really wanted to get to know each other more. You know, learn stuff about each other. Joe is such a sweet heart." Sarah sighed.

Jazie laughed out loud. She quickly covered her mouth.

"Sorry." She said; the sound was muffled by her hands.

"As i was saying, before I was so RUDELY interrupted, we were talking. But after a while, we weren't talking any more, if you get what I'm throwin at yah." Jazie just nodded with a smile.

"So we started making out. He was pretty much on top of me after a while." Jazie's eyes looked like they were going to pop out of her head.

"Wait wait! After it started getting pretty heated, I stopped it. I really like him but I didn't want to go all the way. I don't want to ruin everything. I thought if I didn't say something than, we might have done something we would regret later. I'm just not ready yet. Maybe soon, but not now." Sarah admits; twiddling her fingers.

"Don't be ashamed of that Sarah. You're being responsible. And you're keeping true to your morals. Wow. that was the cheesiest shit ever. But its true." jazie shrugged.

Sarah smiled. "You're a really good friend Jaze. If i didn't have you, Imight be pregnant by now." They both laughed.

"Ok, so what went down with Mr. Stumph??" Sarah inquired.

Jazie giggled.

"That good, huh?" Sarah joked.

Jazie elbowed her playfully.

"We didn't really do anything. We hung out in the pool and just kissed....allot. I don't think anything was going to happen. We were just fooling around. But I swear we saw people taking pictures of us! How weird is that? It must have just been freaky fans. Whatever. Patrick is the best kisser though. And I know I don't have much experience in that department, but damn. When he kisses me, it's like I melt. Oh my goodness. If I get any cornier, shoot me." Jazie laughs.

Sarah sighs with her head in her hands. Daydreaming. Obviously.

"This is probably the best spring break I've ever had. What about you." She asked dreamily; not moving her eyes from the table.

"I don't know. We'll see. It's been pretty drama-filled lately with Pete and Patrick not getting along and everything. I don't even see what the big thing is between them. It's been really awkward whenever they're together." Jazie shrugs. She doesn't get why all of a sudden best friends can get so snappy at each other. Maybe that's just how their relationship has always been. She was thoroughly confused.

Sarah stares at her like she's out of her mind.

"You're crazy, right? You really don't see that they're fighting over you?" She asked like this was the most obvious thing in the world (which it was for everyone but Jazie).

Her head shoots up. "What?! No. You're just confused or something. They aren't fighting over me. Pete doesn't like me that way....does he?" She directed the question toward herself, but Sarah answered anyway.

"Uh...yah. Yah he does. I think it's kind of cute actually. I've always wanted two cute rock stars to fight over me. Just figure it all out before it gets violent. Don't break up the band. They're my favorite." Sarah points at her accusingly. It was meant to be a joke, but Jazie got scared after hearing that.

What if I do?! What if they get into a big fight? Why would they fight over ME? No. Pete doesn't like me. Well, I do feel like we've become good friends. But I don't know if it would ever work if we were more than that. And I like Patrick allot. I can't risk losing what we've got going right now. He's so great. Shit. I hate boys. Jazie thought to herself. She rubbed her forehead.

"Confused?" Sarah asked while she tried to stifle a laugh.

"Just a little." Jazie grumbled.



This was pretty much just a filler. I'll finish this day and maybe work on the next tomorrow. I have a French test tomorrow and I need to study. Maybe I can write more tonight, if I have time. No spell check. There are probably a few minor errors. Ohhhh well. I'm human, meaning I'm not perfect. Suck it. ALSO! R&R pleeeease:) I'll be forever in your debt. Thanks a bushel.

p.s. If ya'll don't know who the character Ryan is, go back to the beginning of the story. Pay attention people.
Sign up to rate and review this story