Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Silence. A complete lack of sound.

So many kids, but I only see you.

by missfiona 6 reviews

the first gig and the return of the ex/jedi. (dun dun dun!)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-10 - Updated: 2007-05-10 - 1216 words

0Unrated
one month later

---

"Peter! You're going to be late for your own show!" Lucy exclaimed, waiting impatiently at the bottom of the stairs. His mother had assured her that he would be down in 'just a few moments', but that was around ten minutes ago. With an exasperated sigh, she charged up the stairs and towards his bedroom, hollering out a warning of her approach.

Pushing the door open, she let out an annoyed groan upon seeing him standing before a mirror, his sister's eyeliner pencil in hand and a confused look plastered to his face. Pete whipped around to face Lucy with a sheepish grin, extending the pencil toward her. "Do you mind, Lulu?"

Lucy returned his smile before grabbing the pencil, positioning herself in front of him as she expertly applied the makeup. "Is this all I'm good for, Peter? Your personal stylist?" Looking down at his much too tight jeans, Lucy backtracked. "Scratch that, you would not be wearing those if I was your personal stylist."

She quickly put the cap on the pencil and grabbed Pete's hand, giving him a good tug as she started down the stairs once more. Maybe he was fine with showing up late for a show he was playing in - the boys' first, at that - but if she was going to do him a personal favor and shoot the gig for him, then he was going by her terms.

"You realize you're going to have to face the wrath of Andy, right?" she asked, referring to the drummers tendency to be very punctual, and his lack of tolerance for Pete's inability to show up on time. Somehow, in all the years the two had known each other, Andy had not been able to change Pete's tardy ways.

"Well, now you will, too," he countered with a smug grin, closing the front door behind him as they headed towards the truck. Lucy responded with a swift shove before climbing into the vehicle.

---

"Lucy, you showed! And you brought a Pete, too!" Lucy laughed as Joe greeted her cheerily, enveloping her in a giant bear hug and just about cutting off her air supply.

"Yes, Joe, I brought a Pete. Now, have you psyched yourself out yet? After all, I am here to reassure!" She took deep breath as she was released, stepping back to take in Joe's jittery appearance. He couldn't seem to stand still, which wasn't exactly strange, but his hands appeared to be shaking slightly, as well. Unlike the other boys, she knew how nervous Joe could get about, well, anything, and she had always made a point to help calm him down a bit.

"That's just the caffeine, Lu," Joe stated, as if reading her mind. "I couldn't sleep at all last night because I kept imagining myself tripping over a wire and falling flat on my face, or going for a stage dive and instead getting a mouth full of the cement floor. So, I had, er, a few cups of coffee. I'm fine, really!" Joe rambled on at top speed, doing his best to assure Lucy - their temporary band manager - that he was fit for a performance.

Lucy groaned, grabbing him by the hand and dragging him over to the rest of the group. "Who gave this kid coffee?" Her question was met with blank stares from the rest of the band, each appearing innocent as they feared her quick temper. Frowning as Pete quietly slipped away from the group, she continued. "Seriously, you guys know Joey can't handle this much caffeine. His hands are going to be shaking all night, how is he supposed to play like that?" Her accusations were soon punctuated by a loud splash of liquid and a high-pitched shriek.

"JESUS CHRIST, PETER FUCKING WENTZ. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FUCKING FOR? FUCK!" Joe exclaimed, drenched from head to toe and staring at the empty bucket at his feet. The silence was overwhelming for about ten seconds, before Pete dropped to floor with laughter. Patrick and Andy were quick to join him as Joe stood rooted to the spot, a puddle forming beneath him as his limp 'fro dripped consistently.

With a heavy sigh, Lucy rolled her eyes. "Well, I guess we won't have to worry about that anymore."

---

Lucy slipped through the backstage entrance, abandoning her original spot off to the side of the stage in favor of the dance floor. They had managed to get Joe dry once again, and he seemed to shaking considerably less. For their first show as an unnamed band, the boys seemed to be doing wonderfully. Not to mention, they were providing some great mid-air and mid-headbang shots.

Finally pushing her way to the middle of the floor, she stood a few feet away from her best friends and watched as they lived out their life dream, capturing the moment on film. The audience was far from that of Arma, but they seemed to be enjoying the change of scene. The kids surrounding her were definitely enjoying the show and loving the guys - she had to admit, Pete definitely had quite the stage presence.

Lucy let out an annoyed 'oof!' as she was shoved forward quite a ways, keeping a steady grip on her beloved camera and turning around only to come face to face with a boy she certainly had not expected to see any time soon.

"Benjamin," she greeted, unsure of how to react as she stood facing her ex. They hadn't exactly ended on great terms - they had parted after a rather loud fight, caused by a steamy night of passion between him and some chick he had met at a bar. He was five years older than her, and everyone around her could see he was bad news from the start. Everyone but Lucy.

"Lucy!" he exclaimed, reaching forward to wrap his arms around her. His sentiments weren't quite returned as she stood, shocked by his presence and unable to process his cheery attitude. Stepping back finally, she looked up at his face once more, confusion evident on her own.

"Look, I'd really love it if you would give me a few minutes, maybe I could buy you a drink?" He gestured towards the bar in the back, giving her the smile that had caused her to melt so long ago. "Uh," she paused, turning to face Patrick as he looked on with a frown, his mouth still forming the words to the song as he silently willed her to keep her distance from the guy. Facing Benjamin once more, she gave an almost undetectable shrug. "Why not?"

---

Author's Note: Well, I believe this is my quickest update to date. I should be writing a paper on the Dada art movement for school, so I hope it was worth it. The next chapter will be a continuation of this night, I thought it might get a little too long if I bunched it all together.

Also, I have but one request from you lovely readers: please, let me know, should I continue? I feel like the actual chapters have not lived up to the prologue, and all though the drama has begun, I want to know if you all actually enjoy reading this.

Please, do let me know!
Sign up to rate and review this story