Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > He Was Drop Dead Gorgeous. Too Bad He Dropped Dead.

NINE

by Sticky 2 reviews

The Favor. And the first mention of the youngest member of the Wentz clan.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy, Horror - Published: 2007-05-10 - Updated: 2007-05-11 - 768 words

0Unrated
"A favor? Sure. Anything." I said slightly surprised.

His chapped lips formed a small crooked smile then he began to speak the words that would change the coarse of my life. "I'm not happy. I haven't been happy in a long time. I don't think I'll ever be happy again, but I'm willing to give it a try. At the same time I don't want to spend the rest of my adult life searching for happiness I'll never find. So, I'm giving myself an ultimatum. Exactly two years from now so, March 12th of 2007, if I am still not happy I want to end it all. The only problem is I act on impulse. I don't want to die If I am upset on March 12th I want to die only if the two years following up to March 12th were really rough. I can't trust myself to make the right choice, that's why I want you to do it. I want you to kill me."

I swallowed hard. What is going on in that pretty little head of his? My lips quivered then I whispered, "But, how will I know if you were happy for those two years?"

"You'll know. You've always been good at reading my thoughts. I'll tell you what; to make your job easier you should move in with me. It will be just like our teenage years!"
"Yeah, except during our teenage years you never asked me to murder you."

"Greta, Please just consider the idea. Come here. Come snuggle with me."

I climbed into bed with Pete careful not to pull the IV from his arm. He was cold, his bed was cold, and the entire world was cold. It was as if everything else had frozen and Peter and I were the only people who mattered. "I've missed you." He soothed. "I've missed you too." I murmured staring at his beautiful face. For the first time in a long time he smiled. It wasn't a half-ass "I'm too depressed" smile ether, it was a genuine trademark Peter Wentz grin. "Peter, I love you." I whispered softly not sure if I truly wanted to tell him that just yet. He opened his mouth to say something when suddenly the world around us became unfrozen. "Oh my.." Gasped his mother as she walked into the room holding a bouquet of flowers. I jumped out of his bed the exchanged awkward glances with her. "Hello, Mrs. Wentz. I was just ... leaving. Nice to see you, Peter. Get well soon." I rushed out of the hospital my cheeks red with embarrassment.

Weeks passed and Peter was allowed back home. I ended up moving in with him. We lived in a gorgeous little house in North Los Angeles. Things were good at first. Peter had taken a few months off from work so he time to do the things he wanted to do. We slept till twelve in the afternoon everyday. He'd read in the afternoons and we go to local shows at night. It was perfect. Then we both kind of realized that we were adults and we needed to act like it. Peter went back to work and I got a job at a veterinary clinic downtown. Pete and I saw less and less of each other. He would stumble in drunk around four in the morning and I would leave for work about two hours later. Sunday was supposed to be the day when we would spend time together but it never worked out that way. He'd always end up working or when he was home all he wanted to do was have sex or write in that stupid journal of his. I absolutely loathed that journal. He kept it hidden somewhere in his room I never took the time to find it. He spent more time writing than he did with me.
It was a Saturday afternoon when Pete came home early. He looked sober but I couldn't tell any longer he had gotten quite good at holding his alcohol. "We need to talk," he urged. "Okay. Then talk." I said staring at his face half expecting him to be breaking up with me. Our relationship had gotten to the point where we were more than friends. He was my boyfriend and I his girlfriend. "You said you wanted to talk, then talk." I said again. He took a deep breath. "This is it" I thought, "He's going to break up with me" Words spilled from his mouth that shocked me more than ever "Greta, I think we should have a baby."

Sign up to rate and review this story