Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Complications

Protective

by 3Cheers4Sw33tRevenge 3 reviews

Please read it

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-05-15 - Updated: 2007-05-15 - 2055 words

0Unrated
Gerard's P.O.V

I wake up, squinting from the sunlight thats coming through a crack in the curtains. I get up slowly and groggily. I have no idea what time I went to bed last night but I'm guessing it was pretty damn late. I checked the time on the clock. Nine thirty. Fuck. I needed coffee- fast. I get up and carefully step inbetween the sleeping bags and matresses, trying to make as minimal sound as possible. I enter the kitchen and shiver slightly, the tiles are freezing against my feet. I rub my eyes as I put some hot water into the kettle and put it on, before grabbing four cups out of the cupboard and the coffee and placing them on the bench. I make the coffees and see out of the corner of my eye someone stirring, I grab two cups of steaming hot coffee and take them back into the lounge room.

'Here you could probably use this' I say cheerfully, handing a cup of coffee to them. 'Thanks Gee' Ashley mutters gratefully, taking a sip of the hot liquid. I take a sip too, letting the warmth wash over me- and people saying being addicted to coffee is bad! Ashley wrinkles her nose 'How much sugar did you put in this thing?' she splutters. I giggle 'Oh about four spoons' she puts the coffee down straight away 'I think I'll pass' she says glancing down at the coffee before looking back up at me. 'Ahhh you don't have a sweet tooth..very much like my darling brother' I say taking a sip from my own sweetly sick coffee. She rollls her eyes at me before getting up. 'Lets talk elsewhere' she whispers pointing to the still sleeping Mikey and Frank. I nod in agreement picking up both the coffees and heading into the kitchen with her.

Mikey's P.O.V

I awaken to the sound of laughter coming from the kitchen. 'Gerard keep it down or you'll wake Mikey up!' I hear Ashley hiss to my brother. I groan as I see the time- ten thirty, if I'm meeting Cameron at eleven thirty I better get up now. I slowly get up, I can still feel the sugar buzz from last night, it doesn't feel good. I climb out of the sleeping bag and stumble into the kitchen. Gerard, Frank and Ashley are already up, they've got a bowl filled with junk food on the bench infront of them. 'Is thats whats for breakfast?' I groan. They all turn around to face me, Gerard grins 'Yep thats brekky' he says, gesturing to the bowl. 'I think I'll just have coffee' I say hesitantley, 'Here you are' Gerard says cheerfully, handing me a cup of steaming hot coffee. 'You didn't put heaps of sugar in it did you?' I ask cautiously. Gerard shakes his head, Ashley laughs, it sounds beautiful- wait what? 'He got me this morning with heaps of sugar in my coffee also' she glares at my brother, Gerard shrugs 'Well me and Frankie like sugar don't we Frankie?' he says, grabbing a handful of lollies out of the bowl. 'Yep' Frank says, feeding Ashley a couple of skittles. 'Are you meeting Cameron today?' Ashley asks, I make the mistake of looking into her eyes 'Um..y-yeah I am' I stutter nervously. What the fuck Mikey? You never stutter. Frank laughs at my stuttering- he knows me only too well that I only stutter when I like a girl....but I don't even like Ashley...not in a romantic kind of way I've really only known her until the end of this week as Cameron's older isolated sister. But now...'I need to go upstairs, need to get changed if I'm gonna go meet Cameron' I say hastily, putting down my coffee and hurrying up the stairs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Seriously Mikes you don't have a crush on anyone?' Chelsea repeats, flicking a piece of her light brown hair behind her shoulder. 'Nope' I lie to her, I'm not a very good liar but like I'm going to tell her I think I have a crush on my best friend's older sister. I quickly take another bite out of the burger, Chelsea's still looking at me. I think she thinks I'm going to cave in and tell her who I like soon. As if. 'Oh for crying out loud you must like someone!' Chelsea bursts out. Cameron starts laughing. I smile cockily 'Even if I did like someone I'm not telling you who' I give her a big cheesy grin before taking a sip of my soda. Chelsea pretends to be upset, before stealing a chip from Cameron. 'Hey you made your choice Little Miss Oh-I-Just-Want-A-Salad' Cameron says sarcastically before giving her another handful of chips. I'm seriously glad that Chelsea likes Cameron. They're both such nice people and I wanted to hang out with both of them. Thankfully Chelsea and Cameron have a mutual love for Iron Maiden so I had nothing really to worry about. I smile as I watch my best friends play fight over the packet of chips.

'Kaliah?' Chelsea calls out to a girl with light blonde hair. 'Oh hey Chels!' she says turning around, giving Chelsea the standard hug. Kaliah, what can I say I've known her since basically kindegarten, she was the only girl who was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. She didn't want to skip, or play hop-scotch, instead she wanted to play tag with the boys and run around heaps. She was always a tomboy, I guess because she has two older brothers and is very heavily influenced by them. 'I thought you were grounded?' Cameron askes, eyebrows slightly raised. 'Dad said he had "work" to do so he gave me fifty bucks to go and bugger off for a while' Kailah sighs. Kailah's family was always having arguments, Kailah's looks, her brother Kyle's career and her parents marriage is on the rocks. Kailah used to come to school with tears stained on her face because of her dad, her lying, cheating dad who given the first chance he's given would walk out and not take a second glance back at her family. 'Oh' Cameron, Chelsea and I say in unsion. We've learnt not to talk about Kailah's family life...she ends up snappy, upset and angry and usually takes it out on us. 'Well lets not hang around here..lets go somewhere!' Chelsea says chirpily.

'Alex' Cameron murmurs. I nod, he's hanging around his older brother Gavin, smoking and stuffing some white powder. My heart sank, I knew it was going to be harder to avoid the drugs without my brother around. I promised him I wouldn't. Stuff this I think to myself as I follow Cameron, Chelsea and Kailah into the mall. I spot the bathroom. 'Hey guys I just need to go pee I'll be back in a minute' I say to them. Chelsea nods 'Okay we'll be in the arcade' Chelsea says over Cameron's whoops. We usually hit the girl stores first. I nod hastily and walk quickly into the bathroom.

A few moments later I poke my head out. Their in the arcade alright, playing around and Cameron's sneaking up on Chelsea, making her scream in delight. I shake my head smiling as I creep out of the mall and head towards that dark, dingy alleyway.

'Alex?' I whisper quietly, I take a few steps further into the damp alleyway. 'Alex?' my heart sinks, I think he's left. 'Is that you Way?' a snappy voice calls out from the shadows. 'Yeah' I say softly, I don't know who else is here. Alex emerges from the shadows with his older brother Paul 'Where have you been these last couple of days Way?' he questions in a stoned sort of voice 'Me, Em and Rach have missed you these last couple of days' his voice drawls. I take a deep breath in 'Yeah well I promised my brother-''You promised Gerard what?' Paul demands. His voice is exceptionally cold and cruel. I hate him, badly he used to beat up Gerard when he first started high school just cause he liked art. 'I promised I'd stop' I mumbled. Alex and Paul double over in laughter. 'But you don't want to stop do you Way?' Alex demands. I sadly shake my head. 'So do you want half of this Way?' Alex starts taking out the powder from his pocket. I nod eagerly..I haven't had any for a couple of days now. Paul gives me another bag and then slaps me across the face. I can feel blood trickiling down my cheek as Alex and Paul start laughing again. I feel tears prick in my eyes, but I daren't cry I remember what happened last time I did.

I turn to walk away but Paul grabs my shoulder, his fingers digging into my skin 'Will you have the payment tomorrow?' He hisses in my ear. I nod shaking, 'Good' he hisses again 'I'm sure you want nothing to happen to that lovely Chelsea' I can feel my blood boil, I'd turn around and punch the shit out of him but he's bigger than me....and after he's killed me he'll probably go after Chelsea and Gerard. 'I-I'll drop by with the payment tomorrow' I answer shakily. Though I have no idea where I'm going to get one hundred dollars in a day. He releases his grip, I know theres going to be a bruise tomorrow.

'What took you so long in there..I was just about to send Cameron in!' Chelsea exclaims at me as I come into view. 'Mikey your shaking!' Kailah worriedly hurries over. 'I-I'm fine' I lie 'I just hit my head when I came out of the bathroom' I smile, pushing the bag deeper and deeper into my pocket. 'Okay' Kailah tenses up giving me a pat on the shoulder. I try not to cringe at the pain. I feel, weak and dizzy and scared. But I can't let them know and I can't give in.

I don't want them to get hurt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~Next Day...~~

I come home, stumbling into the hallway, tears streaming down my face and blood flowing down my body. I choke on the smell of blood as I shut the door and lock it before trying to run up the stairs. I grab some clean clothes from my room and hastily run into the bathroom. I shut the door, making sure its locked before turning on the shower. I quickly strip off my clothes and hop into the warm shower. The water stings on my cuts and I cringe, I wash away the blood, and I scrub long after that, I feel so horrid, so worthless. I stay in the shower for at least half an hour before dragging myself out. I quickly dry off and change into the clean clothes. I'm still crying as I try to put on some foundation to hide the nasty cut across my cheek. I put on some eyeliner too, making it look like I went out like this. I fumble for the first aid kit before grabbing a bandage and wrapping all around my thigh. The pain is still unbearable as I collapse on the floor, I can't even breathe properly because I'm crying to much- damn asthma!

But I know something that will take the pain away. I rifle through the jacket I wore today until I come across that gorgeous powder. Choking pack tears I put a third of the powder into a thin line, wrapping up some paper I sniff it up. I feel so much better now, so much more relaxed. Cocaine isn't a bad thing its not like I'm addicted to it- I just don't like not having it all the time. I put the rest of the powder back into the bag- I don't want Gerard finding anything- he'd get really pissed and I don't think I could stand having my brother hating me... I'm putting up with all this pain to protect him. I don't want Paul hurting him.

I sit back on the bathroom floor and wait for the cocaine to kick in. To take away the pain, my troubles, my weakness.

To take away me.
Sign up to rate and review this story