Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon > So Much For A Boring Camp!

By The Fire Does Truth Unveil

by Lannie-StarlitTimes 0 reviews

Rika and Takato are sent to a camp over the summer, together. They meet two friends and have fun hanging out until Phantomon goes after Rika and Takato in a haunted house and won't stop following t...

Category: Digimon - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Characters: Rika, Takato - Published: 2007-05-15 - Updated: 2007-05-15 - 1187 words

1Ambiance
Camping Special: So Much for a Boring Time at Camp!

Part Three: By The Fire Does Truth Unveil

"Stupid cold...," muttered Rika as she desperately tried to wrap her arms around herself.

Her zipper hoodie and swim trunks were hanging to dry with everyone's towels on a nearby tree. Her hoodie was only wet because after she 'said thank you' to Takato, she tried to dry off using her hoodie since Takato had laid her on her towel before resuscitating her. That was something she regretted now because even though the four of them sat by a campfire they'd made by the lake, there was still a cool night air. She stared blankly at the campfire and shivered.

"Hey, you cold?" asked Takato, sitting down next to her. "Here," he smiled and placed his zipper hoodie around her.

"I didn't say anything Gogglehead...," mumbled Rika, looking up at Takato and sighing when she saw the worry and care in his eyes. "But that's nice of you anyways...I guess I was kind of cold," she agreed, trying to pull the hoodie tighter around her.

"You're welcome," smirked Takato. He helped her pull the sweater tighter and slid closer to her.

"H...hey Gogglehead..."

"Oh sorry...," said Takato awkwardly as he slid away from her.

"No...no it's ok...," smirked Rika.

"Really?" asked Takato in disbelief. She nodded and cautiously, he slid next to her again.

"On one condition..."

"What is it?"

"When we get home...when we get back to our friends and families...and to our old selves...you don't speak a word of anything that happened here to anyone...got that?" said Rika, the corners of her mouth curving up slightly.

"Yeah...I promise," said Takato, grinning happily.

Rika glanced across the campfire and saw Kai and Jeffrey looking at them, snickering, and grinning. "You better watch it boys...'cuz if you don't stop...I'm gonna have to come over there and wipe those idiotic grins off your faces and trust me...it'll hurt," threatened Rika and Takato laughed.

"Hey Gogglehead...one more thing...," she said, turning back to look at him.

"Yeah Ruki?"

"Um...I...I um...thank you," she said quietly. "For everything you've done today. You saved me from Phantomon in the haunted house and at the lake earlier...and you're using the nickname...it does remind me of my grandfather and for that, I thank you. You're really a good friend."

"I...I...you're...it's...no problem...," said Takato, a look of pure astonishment on his face. You've no idea Ruki...I wish I had the guts to tell you...that I love you as more than just a good friend...and that's why I couldn't let anything happen to you...

He smiled at the thought and flushed when he looked at Rika.

"Hey Gogglehead you feeling okay?" she asked with a hint of worry in her voice. She lifted her right hand up to his forehead and then to his cheeks, causing him to blush even more. "Well it sure isn't a fever...and from the look of your tomato-coloured face, I'd say you're blushing," she smirked, laughing a little.

The sweet sound broke Takato from his thoughts and he blinked repeatedly at her. "No I wasn't...I...well I...it's just that I...," stammered Takato, unable to find a suitable excuse.

His confused and perplexed look made Rika smile and laugh again.

"You...You're laughing and...and smiling," said Takato happily.

"Yeah so?" asked Rika, returning to her usual indifferent tone of voice.

"It's just that...I've never really heard you laugh before...it's a really nice sound. And...um...you're really pretty when you smile," said Takato, smiling sweetly.

He was expecting her to have some sort of reaction, whether positive or negative. However, she did nothing. Rika just sat there and stared at him, completely speechless.

"You...you just said...that I was...," stammered Rika with a blank stare on her face.

"I said that you're really pretty when you smile," said Takato finishing her sentence for her and smiling sweetly again. "Actually, I think you're really pretty no matter what."

Seeing that the blank stare wasn't leaving her face and that she still couldn't find the ability to speak, Takato continued. "The fact is Rika...I hope you've noticed it because I've been trying to get close to you for a while now. I've been trying to judge your reaction to things I do because I wanted to figure out if you like me...because I...I love you Ruki...I have for a long time."

"Me? But Gogglehead I-" she never got a chance to finish her sentence because Takato leaned over and kissed her. He put his hands on her waist as her mind and heart fought for control. Her mind kept telling her that this was Gogglehead that was kissing her and that she should pummel him for even attempting it. Her heart however, was telling her that this was what she truly wanted and that she did in fact return his feelings.

Her heart won as she gave in, her lavender eyes slid shut and both hands came up to clasp the back of Takato's neck as they kissed. Kai and Jeff, who had been watching this whole scene from the other side of the fire, held back whistles and merely smiled. A few moments later, Takato smiled and pulled away, gently breaking the kiss. He waited a few seconds to see if she was going to get mad.

"I guess that answers my question," smirked Takato.

"What question?" asked Rika.

"If you care about me like I care about you...and the answer seems to be yes."

"And how do you figure that?"

"It's simple, you let me kiss you and didn't pummel me," answered Takato, smiling sweetly.

"But...but I can't...I can't because...I'm not and easy person to love...I've never really had the greatest examples of a relationship so I...I don't know...," Rika blushed and slid back a little.

"Ruki...for once...let someone else be the leader. You may think you're not an easy person to love but...I love you and I'm ready to try," said Takato taking her hand in his.

He pulled her closer and held her in a warm embrace as she slipped her arms around him. "Okay...I...I love you too Takato," Rika said quietly, finally saying the words he'd wanted to hear for a long time. She lifted her head to look up at him and smiled. He returned the smile and kissed her lightly.

Kai and Jeff, who had held out long enough, whistled and made sounds of encouragement and applause. The two Tamers looked at their friends across the fire and the four teens burst out laughing.

"Hey you know what I said earlier about not mentioning anything that happened here to the others when we get back?" asked Rika, still smiling.

"Yeah?"

"Forget I ever said that," smirked Rika.

And that concludes this fanfic hope you liked it PLZ R&R!!!! Anyway ya, bye now!
Sign up to rate and review this story