Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Genetic Design For Dying

Im in love with my old century

by ThePatient 0 reviews

Remeberance

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-05-16 - Updated: 2007-09-25 - 1081 words

0Unrated
I walked into Art. My seat was at the back of the room, next to guess who? Yeah, that's right, Gerard. I really didn't want to face him after what had happened at lunch but knew I had to. I didn't want the school to ring up my Grandma. Yes, I live with Grandma.

My parents and two brothers died when I was only 6. I remember it so vividly. My family and I had decided to go for a picnic in the woods. It had been so perfect.
"Go and enjoy yourself Elly." My mum had urged me. It would not be hard to do that. There were butterflies to chase, flowers to pick, badger holes to explore and of course the whole of the woods was open to me. I made my way into the woods. Not to deep so I could still here my mum's laughter and my dad trying to tell jokes. I heard someone groan and thought my dad had just told one of his lame jokes again but realized it was the tree I was standing over. It was swaying even though no other trees were, groaning even though nothing else was. It was going to fall and when I fell I knew it would crush me and I would die. This was it. I knew I should have run. I should have made some sort of noise to indicate that something was wrong. A scream or a shout But I was mesmerized by the swaying of the tree. I saw my dad searching for me. I saw him look at me then look at the tree. I saw him run forward and push me out of the way just as the tree started to fall. The last thing I heard was a deafening bang then all went dark as night.


I was at the funeral. My grandma was sitting next to me sighing. Tears were slowly running down my face. My grandma looked over at me and scowled.
"You'll get your veil wet!" She hissed at me. I stared down at my boots. I never wore boots. I had only ever worn boots for church. Well I suppose we were in a church. When I had came round I was in a car. It was Traveling at high speed. My brother had shouted I was awake, startling my mother causing her to overturn. They had all died. Mother, Joe and Charlie. I don't know why I survived. Maybe just so that God to look down and laugh or maybe so that my Grandma still had one person here for when she died.
As I sat in the church, listening to the priest drone on and on, I realized what had happened. That I was alone, I had no one and it was all my fault. I had killed my own family.

I was snapped out of my trance by someone tapping me on the shoulder. It was Gerard. He was looking at me concerned.
"Elle? Are you okay?" He asked me. I could here that something was wrong. He seemed....worried about me?
"Oh. Um yeah I'm fine. Why?" I asked looking at him puzzled.
"Cause you crying Elle." I looked down and saw that I had been drawing absent mindly and the paper was sodden wet. I looked back up and smiled and Gerard.
"Yeah don't worry bout it. Just...bad memories." I sat up and started to pack away throwing the paper into the bin. I left the classroom, put my stuff in my locker then went and met Gary. We had French next which we always skipped and the teacher never noticed.
I went to the school doors and saw Gary waiting there.
"Hey babes!" He smiled as I walked up to him. I smile back.
"Hi." He took my hand and led me to his car. "Where are we going hun?" I asked out of curiosity. He gave me a cheeky grin.
"My parents are out of town babes. I thought maybe we could go over to mine?" I stared at him. Then it clicked what he thought we could do at his. I coughed and shook my head.
"No can do! I've arranged to meet up with some of the girls. Sorry but i can't cancel." I started to get out of the car, "I see you tomorrow." I said and left leaving him sitting there wondering what had happened.

I walked back over to my locker, the right locker this time, and stuffed my bag into it. Then i made my way to french for the first time in 2 years. When i walked in the class the teacher looked up from his computer.
"Oh hi! You must be a new girl.."He started to say, "Well i'm mr Carney and if you..."
"Sir I'm not new...i've been in this school for at least 3 years now. My names Elle.." I trailed off. Mr Carney looked me up and down. He checked his register and nodded his head.
"Well Elle It's nice of you to join us for once. I'm afraid the only spare seat is next to Gerard Way but if im not mistaken you know him already so off you go." I looked up to see that my seat was right at the back. Oh great I thought / I get to sit next to Gerard Way right at the back/. I sighed and made my way over. I slummed into my seat and slammed my bag down onto the table. Mr Carney looked at me in an exasperated way. I just shrugged at him.
"Ohh whats got Miss Colins into a huff?" Breathed Gerard. I stared at him. Huff? Me? Where ever did he get that idea from? I smirked at him.
"Nothing has got me into a huff Mr Way. What has got you in a huff?" He looked up from his orange and red notebook. I saw a faint smile flicker on his soft lips.
"Nothing. Nothing at all." He said then looked back down. I shook my head and giggled.
"Something funny Miss Colins?" Asked sir up at the front. I shook my head and looked down. The rest of the lesson went by pretty fast. I found out i was acctualy really good at french even though i'd only attended it in my first year. At the end of the lesson i packed up my stuff and went started heading towards the bus stop.
Sign up to rate and review this story