Categories > TV > Doctor Who > One Starry Night

chapter 1

by beccas_phantom 0 reviews

It was a normal day in the TARDIS. But the Doctor has other ideas.

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-19 - Updated: 2007-05-19 - 889 words

0Unrated
Authors notes:
it a PG at the mo but will increase to R as the chapter go on
Status: Work In Progress
Unfortunately I do NOT own Doctor Who, it belongs to R.T.Davies and the BBC. No characters belong to me. This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by the BBC. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended
Summary: It was a normal day in the TARDIS. But the Doctor has other ideas.
This is my first fan fic so please be kind! please, i'll give out cookies to kind ppl! :)

********

Chapter One

It was a normal day in the TARDIS, well that's a bit of an understatement, for a change they were not exploring the many universes and not saving the many different species and cultures, there were having a well deserved day off!

"Doctor?" Rose asked
"Humm?" Replied the Doctor sitting at the console.
"What are we gonna do? You know because were not doing anything and to tell you the truth I'm getting a bit bored."
"Rose, how can you get bored in the TARDIS? There are endless possibilities you can do in here! Are you sure you have been in very room?" he asked raising his eyebrow
"Yes I have, well, only one, but you won't let me in there"

The room in question was the Doctor's. One of the first things he said to her, when reading the long list of does and donts for the TARDIS, he told her that she may never go into his room. Everywhere else is fine, but not his room. Rose had always wondered why this is but never questioned it.

"And rightly so" said the Doctor with a knowing look at Rose. " You'll never know what you'll find in there"

"Now you've said that I think I'll pass even trying getting in there" she said walking towards the console to join him.

"What are you looking at?" asked Rose looking at the Doctor staring intently at the video link.

"The universe Rose. All this running around we've been doing I thought it would be nice to just stop and look at its beauty" replied the Doctor turning towards Rose. He noticed she was smiling. The smile he always liked to see her give. The one of joy, happiness and sadness all at the same time.
Rose saw the Doctor staring at her and turned to face him.
"What?" asked Rose
"Nothing, oh nothing" said the Doctor hastily turning back to the console.
"This is beautiful" Rose was amazed by the vastness of it all. Even though she has got used to this, there was part of her that just couldn't believe it.

"It is isn't it? Oh I have an idea!" Shouted the Doctor excitedly, that all familiar child like grin growing on his face.
"What?" Rose asked cautionary, because when ever she saw that grin on the Doctors Face it either meant trouble or even worse trouble.
"Oh you'll see" said the Doctor while running around the console turning knobs here and there, and pulling levers getting more and more excited with each move he made.

Slowly the TARDIS's light dimmed, almost to complete darkness.

"Doctor what's going on" Rose said a bit worried.

" Well I had this fantastical idea and I know I have many of them" Rose snorted with laughter at that comment.
"Well I do, so yeah were was I? Oh yes my fantastical idea! Close your eyes!"
"You have to be kidding?!"
"Trust me you gonna love this"
Rose reluctantly closed her eyes. The Doctor walked around quietly so that he was standing right behind her and covered her already closed eyes with his hands.
Rose shuddered under his touch, but the Doctor didn't even notice this slight movement from Rose.

"Are you ready?" the Doctor asked
"For what?"
"Oh well that would be telling wouldn't it?" the child like grin growing.
The Doctor removed his hands slowly from Roses eyes and with his sonic screwdriver pointed it towards the central column of the TARDIS and seconds later the TARDIS was filled with stars, thousands of stars.

"Oh Doctor, this is... this...this" Rose was lost for words. The Doctor gave her time to compose her self and himself time to look longingly at her many expressions now swimming over her face. Knowing he brought wonderment to Rose meant everything to him.

The Doctor had projected all that was outside the TARDIS inside, so it gave the TARDIS the feeling of a museum showing the solar system. Even though he knew this was far far away from any solar system Rose new.

The Doctor was still standing behind Rose, feeling the silence has gone on for to long.
"So what do you think? Wonderful isn't it? See I knew there was something this old girl could do that you didn't know yet."

"Doctor its beautiful, so so beautiful" said Rose slowly.

"Yes.... yes it is" he replied why slowly entwining his arms around her waist. Rose shuddered again under his touch, but she did not move away. The Doctor grasped hold of her hands in his and held her, for what seemed like an eternity while staring at the different movements and colors of the many stars.

To Be Continued. . . .
Sign up to rate and review this story