Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Dance Of Death

Dance Of Death

by IlluminatedDeath 0 reviews

Once a year, every year, on Valentine's Day, they can see their true love. Sometimes, this isn't as good as it seems.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Axel, Cid, Cloud, Demyx, Hayner, Kairi, Larxene, Leon, Lexaeus, Luxord, Marluxia, Namine, Pence, Riku, Roxas, Saix, Seifer, Sora, Vexen, Xaldin, Xemnas, Xigbar, Yuffie, Zexion - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-05-20 - Updated: 2007-05-21 - 871 words

0Unrated
Chapter I: Waltz of the Damned
Rating: PG
Warning(s): mild spoilers-ish, alternate universe-ish
Pairing(s): Demyx/Zexion, Axel/Roxas, Marluxia/Larxene, Riku/Sora, implied Xemnas/Saïx

Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts, nor do I own the characters from said game.

Summary: Xemnas holds a "ball" for a surprising occasion.

Author's Notes: If you want to continue on with the story and skip this, be my guest. These mini-chapters/mini-series were written solely for my own entertainment. There are plenty more where this came from, just so you know. Also, I was in a pretty crappy mood when I wrote this, so I'm sorry if the end seems kind of angsty. This is just Chapter One of the mini-series. Please take notice that the mini-chapters that I am writing in no way relate to the mini-series. I apologize if you get confused. That is all... Read on!

~~~~~~~

Axel watched in amazement as Zexion and Demyx gracefully drifted around the dance floor, arms wrapped protectively around each other. He had thought for sure that Zexion had faded, and if they went by the Proof of Existence, he technically should have faded. Roxas, Axel concluded, also shouldn't have been there.

Marluxia and Larxene made their way onto the dance floor, followed soon by Vexen and a woman that Axel had never seen before. Saïx and Xemnas sat at a table in one of the corners, watching contently as Demyx and Zexion twirled past them once more. For once in a long time, the two older men looked satisfied.

Axel briefly wondered where Xigbar, Xaldin, Lexaeus, and Luxord were, then rolled his eyes as he realized they were off in some corner playing another one of Luxord's card games.

Even Sora had come, dragging along the girl whom Axel remembered to be Kairi, that Riku boy, and four teens from Twilight Town. Leon and his friends from Hollow Bastion were also there. Everyone, including those from the Organization, were dressed in formal clothes. Axel just couldn't fathom why Xemnas had decided to hold a ball, especially one where the enemies were invited.

Determined not to stay on the subject any longer, Axel stood, the next moment hauling Roxas up to dance with him. The blond followed him closely, more than willing to dance with the redhead. The song was slow, something that could be termed a love song, if any of them believed that they actually could love.

Then there was a small, barely noticeable shout, and Axel and Roxas glanced over to see Sora being dragged onto the dance flood by Riku, who had one of his infamous smirks plastered on his face. The silver-haired boy spun the Keyblade wielder in a circle before pulling him against his chest. Sora's blush practically reached the roots of his cinnamon hair.

"Axel?" The redhead was jerked out of his thoughts by Roxas's questioning voice. He fixed his gaze on the younger boy, waiting for him to continue. "You know why Xemnas is having this dance thing, right?" When Axel didn't respond, Roxas started to explain. "Look around, Axel. Half of us that are here shouldn't be. This morning we all just... woke up, I guess you could say, and we didn't even know what was going on. Everyone that had faded was back. But we found out, before we came here to see what was going on, that we could only get this day, each year, to come back and see our loved ones."

Axel opened his mouth to speak, getting more confused by the second.

"I say loved because those who faded, or those who rejoined with their other-half, got hearts. We can love. The downside, though, is that we only get one day each year. One. That day, same as today, is the Day of Love - Valentine's Day."

"Wow," Axel mumbled, then wondered how Demyx would take all of that. He glance over at the boy, just to see a small, sad smile make its way onto his face, then him lean in to say something to Zexion. The shorter boy seemed to hug him tighter when he finished.

"- until midnight."

Axel turned a confused gaze back to Roxas.

"We only have until midnight, kind of like Cinderella. I need to ask you something, coming from every one of us that'll be leaving." He waited for Axel's nod, then continued, "we need you to take care of Demyx until next year, so Zexion can see him again. And you," Roxas poked his partner in the chest, "take care of yourself. And if you can't, then at least try to fade /properly/. If you don't you won't get to see me again."

The clock struck midnight shortly after Roxas finished his little speech.

"We'll always be watching over you, just so you know. Make sure Demyx doesn't do anything reckless. I'll see you next year, Axel."

The warmth from Roxas's hug lingered long after the boy had disappeared in that bright light, and Axel felt his good mood drop. He took another glance at Demyx, noting sourly that the blond had fallen to his knees in the middle of the dance floor, his tearstained face staring up at the ceiling.
Sign up to rate and review this story