Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Best of Friends

Here comes the bride

by Joal_Hilary 1 review

15 year old Jayde Mathews and 32 year old Jane Mathews move from Australia to Waldorf, Maryland. Jayde starts at La Plata high school and befriends Benjamin Combs. Read and review please.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-20 - Updated: 2007-05-21 - 1612 words

0Unrated
Chapter 18: Here comes the Bride

Benji and Jayde sat on the couch it was the day before the wedding. Benji goes to kiss Jayde on the lips but she puts a finger in front of his lips.
"What?"
"Is anyone from your family coming to the wedding?"
"No."
"Oh."
"Why?"
"I was just wondering."
"Did you think I should ask them?"
"Well even though what they did was wrong, I know that you are still upset with Joel for the fire but I can tell he is really sorry."

Benji got up off the couch and walked out of the room.

"Benji where are you going?"
"Benji?"


Benji Pov

I walked out of the house remember how my twin had burnt it down with Jayde inside, lucky we were able to rebuild it. But if Joel hadn't done that then Jayde and I wouldn't be getting married so perhaps I should thank him.

After walking all the way to my old house, I knock on the door and wait as my mother answers.

"Hello Benjamin what can I do for you?"
"Can I come in?"
"Sure,"
Mom lets me go through and then shuts the door behind me.

We sit on the couch for a couple of minutes it was then I realised all my dad's stuff was gone.

"Mom?"
"Yes."
"What happened to all dad's stuff?"
"He took it with him."
"Where?"
"I don't know where he went Benjamin he just left."
"When did this happen?"
"two months ago."
"How come you never told me?"
"I know I should have and I'm sorry."
"How are the others dealing with it?"
"Well Joshua has left and is living in LA with his girlfriend and calls me every night I think he is happy about it because none of us liked the way Joel and your father treated you. Sarah is copping but like me she finds it hard sometimes and Joel well he hasn't been the same since he burnt that house down and then his father leaving like that, well I can tell you know Benjamin that he has changed into a better person he has been going to a counsellor."
"Is Joel here?"
"Yes he is up in his room. Why?"
"Well I have come here to ask you all to come to my wedding tomorrow."
"Yes, YES, oh Benjamin you have no idea how much this means to me."

I smile as she wraps her arms around me and pulls me into a tight hug.

As we pull apart I get up and walk to Joel's room I knock on the door.
"Who is it?"
"Benji?
"Benji?"

Joel opens the door and lets me into his room, I notice that all his room has been redecorated and that there is heaps of pictures of me and him when we were little on the walls.

"Sit."
I sit down on his bed.
"Benji I'm really sorry I never should have burnt her house down, or humiliated and abused you for all those years."
"Listen I didn't come here to listen to you apologise I came to ask you if you would like come to mine and Jayde's wedding."
"I'd love to come."
"Great well I gave mom the invitation so you will know what time and there is something else, did you want to come to my bucks night tonight?"
"Yeah, what time?"
"I'll pick you up at 8."
"Okay, cool."

I go to walk out of his room when he stops me "Benji, just so you know Sarah, Josh and I got our last names changed to Madden. And thanks for inviting me after all the trouble I've caused."
"Well you are my twin and did mom get my last name changed too?"
"Yeah hope that's okay."
"It's great I have always hated my last name being Combs."
"I'll see you at tonight, bye."

I walk down the stairs and out of my old house, down the road to Billy's.
**
~The Wedding day~

Jayde woke up early that morning, sitting up from her bed she noticed all the stuff lying around from her Hens night last night.

Jayde automatically went to her wardrobe and picked out some clothes to wear today, then it dawned on her halfway through her daily shower; I'm getting married today!

She hurriedly finished her shower and raced downstairs into the kitchen, where she saw her mother sitting at the table coffee in hand while reading the newspaper.

Jayde pov

I ran over and hugged her "Morning," I say as I take a sip of her coffee.
"Good morning Jayde, are you ready for your big day?"
I suddenly plunge into the story of me totally forgetting about my own wedding and mum laughs at me.

Katie and Kalyn soon venture into the kitchen.
"Hey Jane and Jayde? Oh my god I just looked at my watch its 11:30am and we have to be at the church by 2pm."

I sat in my room in was 1pm and mum was just finishing the last curl in my hair, when I stood up and looked in the mirror and saw a small tear creep out of my mothers eye.

"You look absolutely beautiful Jayde,"
I walked over to mum and wrapped my arms around her "Thank you mum, I love you so much."
"I love you too. Now we better go check on Kalyn and Katie to see if they are ready."
Mum and I exited my bedroom and entered the lounge room.

"Oh my god Jayde you look Amazing!"
"Totally stunning, wait until Benji sees you he'll drop to the floor."
"I hope not and you two look gorgeous and I can't wail to see Billy's face when he sees you Kalyn."

**
Benji pov

I'm standing in the church, once again I check my watch for the third time in the last five minutes.
"Benji, she'll come man just chill."
"I can't what if she doesn't show?"
"Benji this is Jayde Mathews we are talking about, who loves you and said yes to marrying you, she wouldn't miss this for the world. Hey Dude your families here."

I look in the direction where Billy was looking and see my mother, Sarah, Josh (who had came down just for the wedding) and Joel. I smile at them and give them a small wave which they return.

As I turn my head back round, I hear the organ start to play and the choir start to sing, everybody rises and Kalyn and Katie enter in. (that rhythms lol)

I continue looking at the door awaiting the sight of my beautiful angel and the mother that I had come to love: Jane.

Jayde started to walk down the aisle and a smile plastered on her face, I could have fainted at the sight of her for she looked absolutely amazing.

Her and Jane reached me and Jane kissed Jayde lightly on the cheek, then hugged me and walked over and stood with Kalyn and Katie.

The priest spoke to everyone inside the church and told them as if they didn't know why they were there today. It was soon time for the vows.

I held Jayde's hand and looked into her eyes and opened my mouth to say my vows.

"Jayde, from the moment I met you on that very first day, I knew you were different, you brought your kindness and caring nature to school each day, always knew how to laugh even at some of my very poor attempts at jokes. Your smile lights up the room and brings a beat to my heart. I know there have been some bad times but they are in the past, so lets move on to the rest of our fairytale ending. But before we begin that I just want to say that I love you more than anything in the world, you are my gardian angel and best friend who captured my heart."

I look into Jayde's eyes and notice the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Jayde your vows please."

"Well the first time I met Benjamin here was when I had my first day of year 10, we ran straight into each other and you know what they say the rest is history. Benji you are my light, my strength and my soul, you make each day worth living and although there have been times that I would like to forget I realise that those times showed me how much you cared. You have saved my life and will always be my knight in shining armour but you will for eternity be the man that captured my heart."

We both smiled at each other and I squeezed her hand tightly.

The ceremony continued and then the I do's came.
"Benjamin Levi Madden, do you take Jayde Elizabeth Jane Mathews as your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do."
"Jayde Elizabeth Jane Mathews, do you take Benjamin Levi Madden as your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do."

"I know pronounce you Husband and Wife."

Everyone clapped and cheered.

"You may now kiss the bride."

I kissed Jayde passionately on the lips and after a while we pulled apart and walked down the aisle past my mum, Sarah, Josh and Joel, past Jane, Katie, Kalyn and Billy and headed towards our future as Mr and Mrs Benjamin Madden.


End of Benji Pov

And they lived happily ever after.


The end!


a/n well that is sadly the end of 'The Best of Friends' I hope all your readers have enjoyed it and please review. Thanks so much to those who have followed this story from the beginning, I love you all.

Joal_Hilary xx
Sign up to rate and review this story