Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > He Said It Was A One Night Stand

True Colors

by xXprettyinpunkXx 3 reviews

where it begins ivan isn't so nice hiccups bad memory

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-23 - Updated: 2007-05-24 - 1462 words

0Unrated
"..The after party won't get started to about three or four.." sang Tessa as she stopped at a red light on her way of of town and home. Things had been goind great the past two weeks. Pete was extremely funny, always putting in his two cents when he could. He never wanted to be left out of anything, which was kind of impossible since he was no a real part of the family. Pete had already taken Jennica to meet his parents. She came back with a pocket full of fives, and a bag full of candy. She said she loved her mum-mum and pop-pop and couldn't wait to go back. She also met some of her cousins, and her Aunt Hill and Uncle John. She was just so in love with her new family.

Jennica was just the brightest thing in her life right now. Tessa couldn't even imagine how things used to be before she got pregnant. Before she met Pete.

Pete. He was a whole other subject. He was just the funniest guy, and always made Tessa laugh, even when she was worried about the bills, to what she was going to wear to work, or to what they were going to eat for dinner. Also the sweetest. Slipping in nice things to say about her such as...

" Your hair looks really pretty today Pete."

" You look really pretty today." that made Tessa's cheeks blush, even more since Pete would wrap his arms around her waist and bring her closer, pulling her in for a kiss. Jennica would then call from down the hallway, or the phone would ring. Something always got in the way.

How, may you wonder, did Pete and Tessa get so close? Well, they do have a child together..and are living under the same house. Pete...you know what Pete looks like..come on. Tessa ( she is based on a real person you know. Something similar happened to her. The only thing being tweaked are the names and the whole rockstar bit. ) is pretty hot herself. But they had a few things in common. Favorite movies, songs, bands and such. What they liked eating, writing was a big thing too. Tessa had always written little poems the whole time she was growing up. Pete loved them. Expecially the one called golden. It was about Tessa of course, and how she felt unwanted, while other people seemed to look down at her in shame. The look on Pete's face after her read it. He was impressed, but also...saddened? Those big doll eyes that he had given her..bedroom eyes.

Just as the usual fantasy of Peter walking into her bedroom after Jennica was put to bed, came into her mind, her phone went off.

" Hello?" Tessa said rather out of it after the images of Pete in her mind.

" Hey Tess..it's me. Umm...Jennica has the hiccups." it was Pete and he sounded pretty worried. This wasn't the first time that he got worried like this. The other day, Jennica had fallen of the swings in the backyard and scraped her knee. Pete had jumped up from the picnic table and ran to her. Of course she cried, but as he lifted her up and sat her on the kitchen counter inside, she started laughing at how scared he looked. Dropping the first aid kit, fumbling with the cotton balls. His voice shaking. It wasn't that he was helpless..he was just really scared of Jennica getting hurt. Another thing that drew Tessa to like Pete even more. But she would never admit this. It was too difficult to admit it to herself, much less Pete.

" Just give her some water and tell her to hold her breath for ten seconds. She'll be fine."

" But...they're loud..and she...she gets frustrated with them! I-what if she doesn't stop holding her breath?!" shrieked Pete horrified. To add to the horror, Tessa was able to hear Jennica hiccup in the background then laugh hysterically.

" Pete..she'll be fine. I'm almost home..okay." he sighed.

" Alright..are you sure?"

" Yes Pete. Bye."

" Ya..bye." he hung up quickly and Tessa smiled to herself. She turned on the radio at the stop sign, then took a left. Her house was only ten minutes away now. Suddenly her phone went off again. Thinking it was Pete she answered.

" Pete! I already told you that she'd be fine." she laughed. There was no answer for a second.

" Tessa?" the loud screeching of tires was heard as Tessa hit the breaks, caught off guard at the sound of Ivans voice. She gulped.

" Ya.."

" I'm going to just pretend that you didn't say some other man's name...I'm in a bit of a hurry so I'm going to make this quick. Have you thought about what I said the other night?" Tessa closed her eyes a fraction of a second.

" Yes.."

" Have you thought of your answer?" he pressed, frustrated. Tessa looked out the driver side window.

" I...I was hoping to have a little more time to think about this.."

" There's nothing to think about!" snapped Ivan through the phone. Tessa cringed at his heavy breathing. " I just don't understand why you don't want to go out with me. We were doing fine and all of a sudden, you stop answering my calls...you..you're not home when I go by. Your mom pretends she doesn't have a daughter?! Where the hell have you been?!"

" Ivan...I explained to you the other night that I'd rather be friends with you. I know I made it seem different...but it's not-"

" Just..please." his voice shifted from angry and frustrated to soft and gentle..almost calm. " I need to see you. Even if we are just friends. Just...we can meet at a restaurant..or..or something. Please." Tessa sighed. Her house was in view now and she parked her car in the driveway.

" Ivan..I'll think about it tonight and call you tomorrow..I promise." Ivan sighed loudly and hung up. Tessa flipped her phone shut and threw it in her purse. He was putting her in a very difficult postion. Last night had been a rude awakening on her part. She had never heard Ivan talk to her like that before.

When Tessa answered the phone the other night. Ivan had started yelling in her ear.

" You fucking bitch! Where the hell have you been!" he had yelled. Tessa had pulled the phone away from her ear and put it back.

" What the hell is you're problem?" she hissed, not wanting Pete or Jennica to hear.

" My fucking problem is you! You don't answer your cell, you never pick up the phone. You don't return my calls. Everytime I go by your house you're not there! Tell me where you've been." Tessa stood there shocked.

" I don't have to tell you where I've been. It's none of your business." her voice raised slightly. She heard the voices in the kitchen stop.

" Bullshit! You're my girlfriend! You're supposed to tell me where you go! You don't wipe your ass unless I tell you to!"

" Don't you fucking start this shit again Ivan! I already told you that we are not going to go through this. You don't own me!" he chuckled slightly.

" I've owned you since you said yes to be my girlfriend. Whether you like it or not, we're going to have a nice quiet dinner, at a nice fancy restaurant. Then you can come back to my place where we'll-"

" If you're going to be like this, then we're over Ivan..." Tessa was about to hang up the phone.

" I don't think you want to do that. You see...you have a four year old daughter. She goes to a public school...she waits at the bus stop sometimes..waiting for you. Am I right?" all the color that a risen in Tessa's cheeks drained. Was he threatening her child?

" Huh, thought I'd get you to shut up." he cleared his throat. His new voice was nothing like the one before. " Just think about it babe. I'll call you soon." he hung up. Tessa set the phone down shakily and walked back into the kitchen.

She came out of her reveree and walked inside. Pete was sitting on the couch eating cheetos, while Jennica was laying down, her head resting on his lap. This brought a smile the Tessa's lips. Pete realized she was there and turned to see her.

" Her hiccups went away." he whispered. Tessa smiled.


alright...hopefully i'll be able to post the next chapter before twelve tonight. if not..i am sooo sorry.
i love the reviews guys. ya'll are so awsome.
Sign up to rate and review this story