Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > True Light in the Night

Chapter 1

by bright_eyes_in_blue 3 reviews

I set my clocks early 'cause I know I'm always late...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-24 - Updated: 2007-05-24 - 1027 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

A shrill alarm breaks the serenity of the evening. A lone figure wrapped haphazardly in the sheets begins to stir. A slight groan heaves from the bed as the young man gradually turns on his side in the dark.

"Alright, alright. I'm up so shut up" he groggily addresses the machine as if it would reply with a gentle apology for disturbing his precious moments of rest. Unfortunately, alarm clocks have not quite grasped the true bliss of the extended rem cycle as of yet, so instead it simply continues to beep and flash menacingly, aching for attention. Burying his face in the pillow, he reaches towards the nightstand and begins blindly pushing buttons. However, this only further encourages another series of beeps and whistles growing steadily louder and louder.

"Son of a...what are you possessed?" he mutters to himself as he bangs the clock with his fist, his face hidden in his pillow pretending to still be clinging to the last remnants of sleep. Finally giving up, he lunges towards it, coincidentally falling to the floor. Groaning at his own stupidity, he slowly lifts himself off the carpet. Lifting his head, the clock face glares "7:30" in blazing red lights that burn his eyes as if to mock him in his defeat.

"Fuck you clock. You may have won this round, but this goddamn epic battle's just begun. I don't fight fair" he threatens in frustration as he rips it from the socket and throws it across the room. At the same moment another figure enters the room just in time to duck as the clock whizzes by his head to smash against the wall.

"What the hell man!?! I've heard that time flies, but usually it's not in my general direction" he says standing up straight and flicking on the lights. Across the room he sees his friend fumbling around the dresser. Dressed in a T-shirt and boxers, the pale porcelain skin of his arms and legs almost seems to shine in the light. A little shorter than the average male, he doesn't exactly match the traditional model of masculine perfection. However what he lacks in pure muscle and testosterone, he more than makes up for with one look into his naturally beautiful face. With his soulful eyes and timid but genuine smile, his face reflects a spirit of innocence and sincerity in every modest feature. Finally finding a pair of glasses amidst the clutter, he puts them on turning to face his intruder.

"Sorry, Joe, I didn't see you there. And please spare me the cliches, it's too early" He says mid-yawn as he adjusts his hat so that it rests securely over his dirty blonde hair. As his vision comes into focus, he sees Joe smirking in the doorway. Already dressed and wide awake, Joe has the presence of a kid trapped in an adult's body. The taller of the two, Joe has the physique of the average guy while his scruffy, untamable, dark hair reflects his laid-back, fun-loving attitude.

"You know Patrick, there's this new amazing invention called the off switch" Joe states sarcastically, shuffling around the pieces of wire and metal on the floor with his foot.
"Thanks, I'll try to keep that in mind next time" Patrick says rolling his eyes. "So is there a reason you're up so early? Usually we have to drag your ass out of bed."

"Oh ha ha, you're no morning glory yourself, Trick. Andy's making breakfast...pancakes to be exact" Joe says, clapping his hands together like a toddler on Christmas morning.

"Are you sure they're not vegan pancakes?" Patrick says as he stoops to clean up the shattered remains of his alarm clock.

Joe's smile quickly falls as he practically sprints out the bedroom door down the hall calling "Andy, I respect your eating habits and everything, but if you try to feed me that crap again, I swear I'll hurl!"

After quickly sliding on jeans and a hoodie, Patrick slowly makes his way to the kitchen. Standing in the doorway, Patrick chuckles to himself at the sight of Andy milling over the stove. Something about the sight of Andy's long hair hanging down over his glasses as he focused intensely on the pan brought a smile to his face, although he knew today was not a day for senseless laughter. Not to mention the fact that the clashing of Andy's muscular tattooed arms against the hideously pink apron he was wearing would make the sternest face cock a grin. Joe grabs the milk carton from the fridge and plops down in the nearest chair.

"So Betty Crocker, what's the special occasion?" Joe teases trying to suppress his giggles. Andy turns to snatch the carton out of Joe's hand, as he is about to take a chug.

"Get a glass" he says flatly, pointing to the cupboard.

"Yes mommy dearest" Joe sighs as he pulls out his Han Solo glass and walks back grudgingly to his seat. Handing the carton back to Joe, Andy turns back to the stove as if to avoid eye contact.

After a slight pause, slowly he mumbles "It's been three months since..." his voice drifts off as the weight of the words closes in.

Comprehension dawning on Joe's face, he casts his eyes down at his shoes, feigning interest in them to hide his pain and embarrassment. "Oh I...forgot," he quietly says never looking up from his laces.

The room fills with uncomfortable silence as they each struggle internally with the thought that is on everyone's mind, but no one dares to speak aloud. After a few minutes of hearing nothing but the sizzle of the pancakes, Patrick clears his throat and moves from his position in the doorway, saying "Well...I'll go wake him..." he walks across the room towards the basement stair door. Pausing with his hand on the knob, he tilts his head slightly back as if to say something. He opens his lips, but can't bring himself to speak. Instead he heaves a sigh and with a defeated expression opens the door and begins to descend the stairs into the darkness below.
Sign up to rate and review this story