Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > True Light in the Night

Chapter 4

by bright_eyes_in_blue 3 reviews

Take this to your grave, and I'll take it to mine...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-24 - Updated: 2007-05-24 - 1112 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4

I fumble on my hands and knees as I cautiously approach Joe and Pete. Joe struggles to take off his coat to soak up the blood that is now painting the concrete in crimson pools. I try to hold back the tears that are aching to fall as I take the jacket from Joe's quavering hands, and press it against Pete's neck to stop the blood from flowing.

"Pete...Pete, can you hear me?" I ask in desperation trying to get a stir from him. With a shaking hand I brush his dark hair from his eyes, terrified by how cold his skin feels against my fingers.

"C'mon Pete, stay with me. You're gonna be all right" I say in a quavering voice, trying to convince myself more than him.

"Patrick..." says a weak voice, barely audible.

"Shhh...don't talk. You're gonna be fine. We're gonna get help. Right, Joe?" I say softly, turning to Joe for support only to see his face vacant and stunned.

"Joe!" I yell trying to snap him out of shock. Shaking his head worriedly, Joe manages to mumble in agreement before pulling out his phone to call for an ambulance. Turning back to Pete, I try to flash a smile, anything to hide my fear.

"Patrick...I saved your hat" he manages to say, forcing his trademark smirk as he slightly lifts the cap still clutched in his hand.

A small giggle escapes my voice as I say "Well, that's all that matters isn't it?" At this Pete laughs softly, but soon turns to coughing and spatters of blood mark his lips.

Tears begin to roll furiously down my cheeks as I cry desperately "Hold on, Pete. Please...you have to...you can't leave me now..." I close my eyes and hang my head, wishing with every fiber of my being that he would somehow pull through. Pete reaches for my hand, forcing me to look back into his eyes, now so distant like the fire behind them has been reduced to dying embers.

"It' s okay...it doesn't even really hurt anymore" Pete whispers before taking one last gasp as his hand goes limp in mine. I lift him upright and hold him tightly against my chest in a last effort to keep him with me. Joe falls to his knees next to me, ghostly pale as the tears burst from his eyes. Andy drifts towards us, Dirty's blood soaked all over his shirt and hands. He seemed at a loss for words looking on the scene as if his mind had shut down.

"Dirty...we lost Dirty..." Andy chokes out between sobs. "Is...is Pete...?" He asks not really wishing to hear the answer he knew to be true. As I open my mouth to speak the words that would bring my world crashing down around me, I feel a slight rustle against me. My eyes widen as I lift his head to look into his face.

"Pete?" I whisper, begging for a response. Just as I am about to attribute the movement to my imagination, his eyes open revealing two dark orbs. They were Pete's eyes, but now they were shadowed as if they were haunted by a new darkness within him. His lips part as he heaves a heavy sigh, revealing a set of dazzling fangs.

"Patrick?...Guys? What happened?" He groans, putting his hands against his head in obvious discomfort. We stare in awe as he slowly rises and stands securely before us.

"Pete...I think you're..." I hesitate to say the words, afraid of what they would mean. I mean the very idea was ludicrous, and yet...what other explanation could there be?

Recognizing the fear and anxiety in our faces, he asks, "What is it? What's wrong with me?" Pete walks hurriedly to the van to check his reflection to see assess the damage. But there was nothing there, just the reflection of an empty alley. Realization sets in as Pete stares into the glass, pricking his finger on his newly acquired fangs.

"I'm a vampire...I'm a fucking vampire" He states flatly as if all life has been drained out of him. I wanted to say something, anything to make it not true, but there was no avoiding it. I walk slowly up to him, putting my hand on his shoulder as he continues to glare at the point where his reflection should be.

"Pete, you're not..." I try to comfort him, but he just violently grabs my wrist and stares viciously into my eyes. I realize how much stronger his grip is, much stronger than ever before.

"No! Don't you get it? I'm a vampire, Patrick! I'm a monster! A killer!" He yells in rage as tears stain his now incredibly pale skin. I flinch in fear and pain at his words while Joe and Andy watch in hesitation, afraid of what he might do. Recognizing the horror in our faces, his demeanor softens. He releases my arm, looking at his hand in utter disgust at what he had done. He turns to hide his appalled face from us, only to face his nonexistent reflection once again. In utter frustration and anger he smashes the window to pieces, screaming into the night. He continues to rail against the side of the van until he falls to his knees, both physically and emotionally exhausted. I cautiously approach him again, hearing the sounds of quiet weeping emerge from his face now buried in his hands.

"I'm sorry, Patrick. I can't...just go. Please, just go" he pleads.

"No, we're not leaving you." I say firmly.

"Patrick, please I...I don't want to hurt you" he says just above a whisper, as fresh tears begin to flow.

"You won't. You're not a killer. You're still you. You can fight it, Pete. I know you can" I say calmly, offering him my hand. Pete slowly lifts his head and looks into my eyes, as if he was reading my mind for any doubt. Hesitantly he takes my hand and lifts himself from the ground with a labored sigh.

"We'll find a way to beat this Pete. I promise you, we're gonna get you back to normal" I say with as much courage as I can muster.

"That's right. All of us, together" Andy says stepping forward.

"Absolutely. We're all in" Joe says following suit.

Pete's eyes water at the unconditional loyalty demonstrated by his companions. "Thanks guys, but this is only the beginning. That bastard is gonna pay for what he's done to me, I swear to that" Pete vows as the sound of approaching police sirens fills the alley.
Sign up to rate and review this story