Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Friends and Enemies

Chapter 3- Pete's New Girlfriend-wait, who?- June 1

by rejected_smurf_god 3 reviews

Pete's new girlfriend and Kendra's Plan B

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-26 - Updated: 2007-05-26 - 998 words

0Unrated
The day was horrible like no other. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the temperature was a wonderful 85 degrees, but that wan't why it was horrible.

Andy, Joe, and I were chilling at my house waiting for Patrick to arrive and wondering where Pete was. We had just started our third soda when Patrick came walking up the side walk to the deck. We exchanged hello's and hugs and then Patrick shocked us all by saying,

"Pete and his girlfriend are here."

Alright, so maybe it didn't really shock us, we couldn't really care less, that was until Pete turned the corner with Stacy locked firmly on his arm. I literally let out a scream.

"What the HELL, Pete?!" Andy cried, "I'm not staying if she's here."

Stacy pulled a face and Andy grabbed his things and stalked out the door. She smiled contently and turned back to us with a look that said "Who's next?"

God, how I loathe that woman.

How I loathe Pete for dating the girl he promised to loathe forever.

"Hey Pete your bass is inside, do you want to join me whenI go get it?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Sure."

He literally pried Stacy off his arm and followed me inside. As soon as I had closed the door I turned on him.

"What. The. Hell?" I asked, "You promised you would never be with her or sink to her level."

He shrugged.

"She seemed nice." He said.

"What happened to you? Because you decided to bring your girlfriend," I spat at the word, "to our practice, Andy's gone."

He glared at me.

"Dra, what do you mean 'our practice'? You're not even part of this band. You're just a groupie. Meant to sleep with all the band members."

That one actually hurt.

"Okay, fine Pete. You want me to stop coming to YOUR practices, fine. Take your stupid bass and find some other place to play your crappy songs." I couldn't stop myself I was on a roll and I wasn't sure what word vomit was going to come out next, "Maybe your parents will let you practice in your basement or will they argue about that too?" I stopped. I shouldn't have said that but it was already out there.

He stiffened and narrowed his eyes at me. I saw the hurt refelcting out of them. He was holding back his tears.

"Give me my bass." He hissed.

I flung it at him and he turned and left with Stacy. I saw Joe and Patrick exchange looks.

I walked outside to see Pete go. Patrick and Joe watched me silently.

"Well," Patrick stated breaking the sorrowful silence me and Pete had caused. "she seems-nice."

I whipped around to glare at him.

"What do you know about her? You're still new." I exclaimed and then I turned around and sat in one of the lawn chairs and began to cry.

Patrick stood stunned for a moment and for a second I thought he was going to get angry and leave me too but he kneeled down before me and patted my knee.

"Kendra." He whispered quietly.

I didn't bother to answer.

"Joe started mumbling "Oh no." and sat down next to me. He reache dover and took hold of my hand. He looked at Patrick. Patrick looked over at Joe. They smiled at each other.

"You like him." They said together.

I looked up from my sorrows.

"What are you, girls?" I snapped.

They shrugged and watched me for my answer. I glared at them, not daring to break but as I kept looking at them my will began to crack.

"Maybe a little."

They smiled. Patrick got up and placed an arm around me.

"Well, you're too late. He's got a girlfriend, remember?" Joe said.

"Shut up Joe." Patrick said. It was so forward Joe snapped his jaw shut and made no protest against Patrick's sudden outburst of confidence.

I waited for Patrick to say something that would make me feel better but he said nothing.

"Well, is there anything you're going to say to make me feel better?" I said.

Patrick thought for awhile and then shook his head.

"Nah, don't think so."

All of a sudden Joe butted in blurting. "You're screwed."

I turned to him. "Thanks." I said sarcastically. He nodded.

"You're welcome."

I ignored him and pushed myself out of the lawn chair and stated sadly,

"I guess I'm going to have to go with Plan B."

"Plan B?" Joe asked.

I reached for my bag leaning up agianst the untouched drumset and pulled out forms to a camp for Girl Scouts*. They were looking for Counslers and I wasn't going to go just so I could hang out with Pete but now...

I sat down again and grabbed a pen.

"There's still time." I murmured.

Joe crawled around me and watched me write over my shoulder. His eyes got big.

"You're leaving us?!" He cried.

I didn't dare look at him for fear of more tears on his and my account.

"Only for a month. Don't worry. I'll be back before school starts." I said.

"What about Pete's birthday?" he asked.

"I'll take a weekend off. Joe it won't be that bad." I replied.

He hung his afroed head.

"I'll miss you." He murmured.

"Me too." Patrick added quietly. "Who will take care of me?"

I laughed a little despite the events prior to this moment.

"Joe will be her. I'll write you guys. I promis." I said.

They nodded half-heartedly but you could see that they were holding back the tears that were glistening in their eyes so that they could be 'manly.'

Two days later I was on the 8:45 bus to Kansas City. Everybody came to see me off. Everybody but Pete.

I guess it's save to say that my heart broke a little.


-----------------------------------------------------------------

*= I've been to Girl Scout camp. It's hell so maybe there's a little foreshadowing here. Hmmmmm....
Sign up to rate and review this story