Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > He Said It Was A One Night Stand

One Last Kiss

by xXprettyinpunkXx 1 review

before I go dry your tears...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-01 - Updated: 2007-06-02 - 817 words

0Unrated
It's been a whole week and Pete never left Riley's side. His mother came to see Riley, and had brought Jennica to tag along. She seemed unfazed by the fact that Pete was here with another woman. It just didn't seem to register that Riley was real since she just laid there and hardly spoke. Pete hadn't seen Tessa at all, but he did miss her, but how was he going to just leave Riley? She needed him.

It was Sunday night, and Pete felt that Riley wasn't going to be waking up anytime soon. He got his jacket from the back of his chair and got up.

" Pete." it was the softest noise he had ever heard, but he was sure he wasn't hearing things. He turned to look at Riley, her eyes were wide and she looked frightened. He quickly took her hand.

" Rye..are you..okay?" what was he going to say to her? He had thought of so many things, apologies, answers to her questions. The whole truth.

" I'm..sorry." she said softly. Her voice may have shown her weakness, but her strength to hold onto Pete didn't waver with her voice.

" For what baby?" Pete asked kissing her hand.

" I...didn't tell you..about the baby.." her eyes shut tightly in pain, her grip on Pete's hand grew stronger then released slightly. Pete swallowed the lump in his throat.

" You knew about the baby?" he said with a hint of anger. Riley nodded her head as slowly as possible. " Why?" was all Pete managed to say.

" You seemed so happy...with Tessa...and her daughter...I knew something was off Pete..." she closed her eyes again, " I was only three months, and I didn't know how..how to tell you." Pete let got of her hand slightly, but Riley held on with all her might.

" I can't believe you didn't tell me." he looked at Rileys shaking hand. Of course he had noticed for the longest time, but he hadn't had the chance to ask.

" Where's the ring I gave you?" Riley looked up at the ceiling, her eyes full of fear. Her eyes moved to her purse. Pete let go of her hand and shuffled over to the bag.

" It's in the little pocket." she whispered. Pete found it. It sparkled in the little light that was in the room. He moved over to Tessa and tried to slip it on, but she moved her hand. She shook her head and pursed her lips. She looked like she was going to break out sobbing, but she kept it in.

" Don't be silly Pete..that doesn't belong to me anymore." his hand fell to his side, the ring still in his hand. " You love her Pete...she loves you too." Riley couldn't look at him, not when she was telling him this. It hurt bad now, it would probably hurt worse if she was looking at him straight in the eye.

" Rye..I l-love you." said Pete, his voice shaking.

" Pete! What is wrong with you?! Why are you lieing to yourself. You're only hurting everyone more." her arms went rigid as a sharp pain travled through out her body, Pete went to press the nurse's button, but Riley stopped him. " Don't..just..no." Pete shook his head.

" You're in pain..let me call the-"

" No!" Riley shouted, immediatly wishing she hadn't. " This is nothing to what I've felt since I've got here." she whispered after a few moments. Pete shook as a sob over came him. Riley was in this state because of him. Everything was his fault. Breaking Riley's heart because of the lies. He tried so hard to make her happy, in the end not realizing she would be even more hurt. He caressed her cheek as soft as he could.

" I do love you Riley.." he said trying to catch her gaze. When he did, her eyes softened.

" I love you too Pete, that's why you can't put that ring on me. That's why..you-you have to leave tonight, and go be with...your family." Pete started to shake his head. " I'm fine Pete. You heard the doctor, nothings wrong with me..I'll be as good as...as new." she tried her hardest to smile, one of the most painful things she had done until this point. Pete flashed her that grin. He pulled on his jacket and was near the door. But then stopped. He walked back over to Riley, and bent over to give her one last kiss. He wiped the tears from her cheeks, pecked her nose and was gone.


four more chapters!
yes I'm counting down. one more today, and the last two will be posted tomorrow. they will be up before seven if ficwad isn't being all cracked out at the time.
so..who's pete gunna choose?
the answer will be revieled soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story