Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Series Of Events

Heaven's Coming

by xharlequingirl 1 review

[Short Pete Story.] There are no good consequences to drunk driving.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-06-03 - Updated: 2007-06-03 - 962 words - Complete

0Unrated
Peter stood against the wall, a beer in his hand as he listened to one of his friends drone on about some girl he had seen at the party. He was less than interested. He didn't even want to come to his party, but, his girlfriend, Adrienne, had convinced him to go with her. She had really wanted to see a few of the friends she hadn't seen since they had graduated two months ago.

Finishing off the last big of his beer, he picked up another one and starting it. It was his third one and he was beginning to feel the effects. His friend still continued talking and Pete couldn't find a way to make him go away. He didn't seem to the subtle hints.

Pete had hoped that he would see Adrienne and he would be able to convince her to leave before he found some rope and hung himself from the nearest beam. He didn't like these people in High School, so, why would he want to see them now that it was over?

His eyes scanned across the various faces of all the people at the party. There were the football players, the cheerleaders, the band geeks, the punks, the drama kids, and basically every stereotype of people shoved into one house. That in itself was pretty interesting.

"Pete, dude. Are you listening?" Nick questioned, he had finally noticed that Pete wasn't paying any attention to anything he was saying.

"Sorry, dude." Pete said, shaking his head. "I was trying to find Adrienne. I want to leave soon and I don't know where she is."

"Oh." Nick nodded and quickly glanced around at the faces. "I have to go take a piss, so, if I see her I'll send her down."" He hit Pete on the shoulder and walked off.

"Thanks." Pete said, but it was too late. He was already gone.

He finished the rest of his beer and then started to move through the crowd. He looked over the faces and then he spotted the green top in the corner of the living room. She was standing with two girls he didn't recognize.

"Adrienne." He called once he was a few feet away.

She turned around, knowing he was calling her. Spotting him she walked over to him. "Hi, baby." She smiled as she wrapped her arms around him. She was obviously a little bit tipsy.

"Hi, sexy. Are you ready to go? I'm not feeling so hot." He held onto her hips tightly. "We could go back to my house." He smiled, as he leaned down and started to kiss her neck.

"Okay, okay." Adrienne smiled, melting under his touch. "Let me just go and tell the girls we're leaving." She leaned up and kissed him.

Quickly she went and said good-bye to the girls. He watched as she downed the rest of her drink and came back over to him. Pete reached into his pocket and took out his keys and then grabbed her hand, leading her outside. He had, had only three beers. He was okay to drive. He opened the car door for her and got her inside. He was such a gentleman. Once she was inside he shut the door and walked around to the other side.

He climbed into the driver seat and turned on the car, bringing in to life. "Mm, I can't wait to get you home." He smirked as he backed out of the driveway, unfortunately the ride home was going to take about thirty minutes. The party was held in a house in Chicago. Pete lived just outside of Chicago in Wilmette, Illinois.

"Mmhmm." Adrienne laughed as she looked out the window. "You're just going to have to." She smiled as she reached over and took his hand in hers. She moved closer to him. "I love you, Pete." She giggled.

"I love you, too." He smiled as he leaned over and kissed her.


It was almost one in the morning so the traffic on the high way was scarce. It was summer, but it was also a Tuesday night. The only traffic was the occasional truck going the opposite direction of them.

They had just about reached the end of the highway. Most of the ride was spent in silence. As they were nearing the exit, Pete felt the wheel slip from his hands. He had been drifting in and out of a day dream. He tried to gain control of the wheel, but it was too late. They had crossed over the double lines. There was a truck coming right at them and the wheel locked. The last thing he remembered was Adrienne screaming and then the impact of the hit threw his head into the steering wheel.


Pete opened his eyes slowly, the glare of white lights and the white paint totally messed with his head. Slowly, he opened his eyes wider as he began to adjust to the light.

"Baby..." Mrs. Wentz smiled, as she ran a hand through his hair. "How're you feeling?" It had been two days since the accident.

"Okay, where's Adrienne?" He asked, as he remembered the crash. Flashes of blood and screaming filling his head.

"Baby, she didn't make it..." She frowned as she held onto Pete's hands.

Pete's face dropped and he twisted her words in his head. She couldn't be dead. That was all too final. "No!" He shook his head, he refused to believe that she was gone. Especially since that would mean it was his fault. He wouldn't be responsible for that. "She's not gone, stop lying." He fought his mother as he watched the tears roll down her cheeks and then felt them fall down his own. She really was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story