Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

You'll Be Alright

by frankxgerard 6 reviews

Oneshot. Fee/Gee. Blood but not much.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way - Published: 2007-06-03 - Updated: 2007-06-04 - 687 words - Complete

1Moving
"Just a little longer Frankie, you can do it... please, just hold on!" I begged, holding his shaking body close to mine.

"I c-can't Gerard... It hurts too m-much..." he stuttered, his eyes closing tightly.

He had to make it. He couldn't just leave me here to sit with his corpse in my arms, but judging by the amount of blood spilling from his chest, he would most likely die in minutes. I pressed his balled up t-shirt onto the wound, still trying to stem the blood. He gasped in pain, red liquid trickling down his mouth as he coughed.

"You don't have to lie Gerard; I know I'm going to die..." He rasped, holding the side of my face in his hand.

"No... I'm gonna get you out of here, and we're gonna live together, just you and me." I answered, tears streaming down my face.

He shook his head and pointed to his middle.

"Not with this we're not." He said, smiling up at me apologetically through his own tears.

I knew he was right. There we were, sitting in the rubble of the earthquake, trying to breathe through the thick dust. Frank had been impaled by a huge piece of wood, straight through his stomach and chest. He was pinned down to the ground, and I couldn't remove it without causing him unbearable agony.

"I'm s-sorry Gerard..." he whispered, pressing his cheek against mine.

"Yeah... I am too..." I replied, brushing the sweaty hair off his forehead before pressing mine to it.

"You know, I think you'll be alright." Frank said after a moment.

"No I won't Frank. If you die, I'll kill myself." I said truthfully.

"You'd better not, or I'll kill you once you join me in hell." He joked, half seriously.

"But I don't want to live alone." I said, looking in his eyes.

"You w-wont be alone..." he answered.

He was calm; calmer than I would've been. I ran my hand gently along his side, the part that hadn't been covered in blood from the gaping hole in his front. I tossed his blood-soaked shirt away and replaced it with my sweatshirt. He laughed and pushed the fabric away.

"Hey, it's not going to help. Just sit." He ordered, linking our hands.

The earthquake was huge. We didn't know it was coming. We were trying to get out of the way, but the beam from the roof had come down on Frank when he pushed me out of the way.

"Why did you do it?" I asked.

"What?" he questioned, looking up at me.

"Why did you save me?" I elaborated, "You could've gotten away."

"Because... I c-care about you. I didn't want... you to die." He answered, smirking a little.

"I should be the one with the wood through my heart... You should be the one who lives and goes off to start a family and do what they want to do..." I said quietly, my hand shaking.

"No..." he mumbled, closing his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Frank." I squeaked, pressing his hand to my face.

"Hey..." he started, wiping a tear from my eye, "You'll b-be alright... okay? Th-they're coming... I c-can hear them... and they'll- they'll get you... and you'll g-go home, and live o-okay?" he stammered, trying to breathe correctly.

"No, Frank, don't leave me!" I pleaded, squeezing his hand tighter.

"S-sorry baby...C-cant stay anymore..." he said, smiling through the tears.

"Sir?! Are you alright?" I heard a man say behind me; the rescue teams.

I ignored it and kept my attention on Frank. He nodded and pulled my face down to his, pressing our lips together one last time, pulling away slowly. He grinned one last time.

"B-bye Gee..." he whispered, closing his eyes as the men behind us crowded around him.

It was too late; he was dead. They couldn't stop it. They apologized and apologized, but I wasn't listening. I was frozen. I had known it was coming, but it hit me at just the last moment. He was gone, forever; never coming back. He was gone. But I'll be alright...

END
Sign up to rate and review this story