Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Believe Every Lie

SEVEN

by aznfoblover 2 reviews

And yet another story. I honestly don't know how I'm finding the time to start these. Summaries are overrated. Read/review and that's all I'll say.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-06-04 - Updated: 2007-06-05 - 902 words

0Unrated
7.

"Pattyyyyyyy!" I sang out through the house as I skipped back to the living room. I heard the other three laughing and could see Patrick turning red.

"God, I hate that name," he muttered. I smiled.

"Well, it's your new name, like it or not. Oh, Joa's coming over," I said as I took a bite of pizza. Mike choked and Patrick laughed. The rest of us just sat there with looks of amusement at our friends' reactions.

"You OK there, Mike?" I asked, my eyes twinkling. I was getting an evil thought. He nodded and continued coughing. There was a knock on the door, and I ran to get it. I heard a small argument beginning.

"JOOOOAAAAA!" I yelled as I opened the door.

"RIIIIIAAAAAA!" she yelled back. We laughed and hugged each other.

"It's been so long since I've seen you!" I exclaimed. I looked her up and down like I hadn't seen her in years. "You look exactly the same," I said. She laughed.

"You do too," she replied. We both smiled and skipped into the living room to confused and weirded-out looks on the boys' faces. We burst out laughing and clutched each other for support.

"What?" Joe asked. We laughed harder.

"Oh, God, the looks on your faces!" I said between laughs. Joa nodded in agreement, laughing too hard to form words. When we settled down, we sat and started eating again.

"Girls," Joe muttered to no one in particular. "You two have to be the weirdest people I know." Joa and I looked at him for a second, then threw the nearest possible objects we could find at him. I threw a pillow. Joa threw the remote. Luckily, Joa missed and it hit the couch instead of him or anything else.

Everyone started debating over what we should do, and I ran upstairs to feed the babies. I might not like them, but they were my responsibility. I woke them long enough to feed them, then tried to send them back to sleep. "Tried" being the key word.

"Come on, guys. Cut me some slack here," I said, feeling a headache coming on.

"Can I help?" Patrick asked timidly. I turned to see him in the doorway once again.

"Sure," I said, smiling wearily. He came over and held my sister.

"What are their names?" he asked softly.

"She's Theresa and the boy is Jack," I answered in the same soft tone. Patrick nodded and started singing them to sleep. He had a wonderful voice, I noticed. They finally closed their eyes and we laid them down in their beds. "Thanks," I whispered to Patrick. He smiled down at them, leaning on Theresa's crib.

"They're not so bad. It wasn't anything, really," he said. I joined him.

"Yeah, I guess they're not, but I'm the one stuck with them all the time because I'm older and my parents are always gone. So when the babysitters quit, and they all do, I'm the one who has to take care of them. They're so spoiled because all the sitters only do what the kids want them to so they don't get fired. I really care about them, but I just can't stand them sometimes. They drive me up the wall," I said. I never tell anyone this.

"I get it. You kinda feel like they're taking your place, like you weren't good enough for your parents. You feel like your parents think that they messed up on you, and your parents are trying again with these two. But you know what? They didn't mess up on you. But they thought they could do it better a second or third time around. And they don't realize that nothing is better than their first success. They're around your little siblings less than they were with you. These little guys don't have memories of spending time with their mom and dad. They have memories of you and countless babysitters, and you're the only one that stayed. Just think about it. You're the only one they'll remember later in life."

Wow. How could Patrick just look at my life and separate everything and see from every point of view?

And did he just say that I wasn't a mistake? That I wasn't messed up?

"Thank you Patrick," I said, still looking down. Even though I couldn't see it, I knew he smiled. And I could feel his eyes on me. I tore my eyes away from my siblings to look at him.

"I meant every word of it. Don't you ever forget what I told you," he whispered. I nodded and we subconsciously moved towards each other. Patrick's hands nervously found their way to my waist.

"Hey, Ria, where's the bathroom?" I heard Mike say from the doorway. My head snapped up and we both looked at him. "Oh. Uh, nevermind." He started to leave. I bit my lip and looked at Patrick.

"It's fine. I'll show you," I said, stepping away from Patrick and leading Mike. I heard a frustrated noise from behind me and I knew it couldn't have been Theresa or Jack.

***
A/N: Uber, super long. I know I didn't get reviews, but I put it up anyway to be nice :) (Meaning I want more reviews) heh anyway... Inspiration running low and freaking out about finals, so maybe no updates until next week? At the latest, next Tuesday.
Sign up to rate and review this story