Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Series Of Events

What I Meant To Say...

by xharlequingirl 2 reviews

[Short Patrick Story.] Just a little cute story I wrote for a friend. Patrick finds it hard to get out the right words.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2007-06-04 - Updated: 2007-06-05 - 1840 words - Complete

0Unrated
Kirsten Thompson sat on her couch with her books spread out in front of her. She had so much homework that she had to accomplish in what seemed like such little time. She had been sitting there for an hour already but only had been actually concentrating on what she needed to do for a combined total of fifteen minutes about. She turned her attention away from the latest thing to distract her and looked at her history book. She thumbed the pages about Abe Lincoln and looked up once again when the doorbell rang. She had no idea who it was but she was thankful for the disturbance. She got up and bounced towards the door, pulling it open. She smiled widely at who stood before her.

"Hi, baby!" She threw her arms around him and brought him into the house a little bit more, shutting the door with her foot.

"Hi, sweetie." Patrick smiled as he kissed her head and took off his jacket, hanging it up. "What are you doing?" He asked as he came into the room a little bit more.

"Homework. Thank you for saving me." She smiled as she walked over to him and leaned up on her tippytoes for another kiss. He obeyed kissing her.

"You're welcome." He smirked and sat down on the couch next to her. "Looks like you've put it off for a long time."

"Yeah, well I put a lot of things off." She nodded. She knew she was like the world's worst procrastinator, but she couldn't seem to break herself of the habit.

Patrick and Kristen had been dating for what seemed like ever. In reality it was only about six months. But, still a long time considering they were only seniors in high school and not looking for any long term commitment, marriage or kids. They were just young and in love, or so Patrick thought. Patrick had always known he loved Kristen. Since they were kids. They had grown up together and although they weren't always close, they were always friends. He could remember one exact moment in time when he knew he loved her. And that was when they were only six or seven. He always thought about that time and smiled.

Going back to the conversation at hand, he smiled at her. "Well, you should get started on some of this while I watch some TV." He reached for the remote. In any of his other girlfriend's house's he was never this comfortable. But, Kristen's mother had made him feel like a part of the family even before they started dating, and once they had, those feelings just intensified. He was always allowed to just get up and get something to eat or to walk around and do whatever he wanted. He liked that and it didnt' take too long for him to get comfortable with the situation.

"Patrick!" She frowned as she looked at him. She couldn't help but laugh at the face he was making at her. It was as if he was trying to be a good role model and let her know that she had to do her homework. However, he wasn't one to talk. She knew there was a pile of homework at his house that still needed to be done. "Why don't you do your own homework." She shot at him.

"My homework is all done. That's what I pay my little brother for." He smiled, his brother wasn't so little, he was fifteen but when Patrick handed him a pile of books and told him he'd get thirty bucks for it, he more than jumped at the chance. He wasn't at a legal working age yet, so he needed the money. Patrick did have a pretty good job and could spare the few bucks.

"Ew, tell Jacob to do my homework, too!" Kristen laughed as she picked up her textbook and put in her lap as she leaned back on the couch and put her feet up on the coffee table. She was blatantly mocking his position but he didn't seem to notice. Either that, or he didn't care at all. Either way she was still amusing herself.

"Give Jacob thirty bucks." He laughed as he looked at her and then back to the TV again. He had to laugh at how badly she hated doing homework. It wasn't like there was that much. After all, she only had four classes, where as he had six. He had slacked off in a few classes during freshman year and was paying for it this year.

"Yeah, where am I going to get that kind of money?" She asked, not really looking for an answer because she shushed him when he tried to answer her. She stared intently at her books and began to write little things down and answer the questions.

Patrick smiled as he watched her out of the corner of his eye. She was adorable when she concentrated really hard. He had to look at her using his peripheral vision, only because if she knew he was staring at her, she'd probably hit him or yell at him to stop. She was so quirky like that.

After about fifteen minutes of utter silence, Patrick looked over at her fully and smiled. "Kris..." He said. He didn't want to disturb her concentration but she just looked so adorable and he knew it was time to say it. And, yes he did mean it.

"Yeah, Pattyrick?" She looked up at him smiling. She knew how much he hated being called that. She had always called him that though.

"Kristen." He took her hand and thumbed it softly. "I..." He looked at her and suddenly felt his stomach churn into knots. He couldn't do this. "I was just wondering if you'd go to prom with me."

"Of course, I will." She smiled. "But that's like six months away, sweetie." Kristen laughed and leaned over giving him a little kiss on the cheek. "You know I wouldn't go with anyone but you." She nodded and went back to her work. She was almost finished with her history homework and then she could give him some of her attention before she had to do the next thing.

Patrick nodded and looked back to the TV as he scolded himself. He couldn't believe that he had chickened out and had asked her to prom. How corny was that? He couldn't even think of a better excuse. He got up and walked to the kitchen taking out two soda's and walking back into the living room handing her one. He definitely looked like the world's biggest idiot now. Kristen would know for sure that she was dating the world's, no scratch that, the universe's biggest loser and idiot. If there were olympics for the biggest loser, he'd be the number one contender and he'd win gold in everything.

He knew at that moment that he had to say it. He had to forget about everything he was thinking about and just blurt out those three words. He cleared his throat and looked over at Kristen again. "Kristen." He said and took her hand.

"Yes, Patrick." Kristen finished what she was writing and looked up at him. He was certainly acting oddly tonight.

"I love..." All the thoughts flooded back into his head. "the shirt you're wearing." He nodded. "Is that the one you got for your birthday?"

She looked down at the shirt she was wearing. He must have seen her in it a million times. It was nothing special. "Yes, it is." She nodded as she ran her fingers over the t-shirt. "Why, Patrick?" She asked, looking into his eyes.

Patrick knew what she was doing and looked away. He shrugged, "I just think it looks good on you, sorry for interrupting." He said and let go of her hand as he looked back to the TV. If there were anything high than gold, he just won it.

"Okay, sweetie." She nodded and looked back at the book. She finished the questions and placed the piece of loose leaf into her binder and closed the text book on the coffee table. She pulled her legs up under her and turned and looked at Patrick. "So, what do you want to do?" She asked.

"You're done?" Patrick questioned, he hadn't expected her to finish so soon. He wanted time to recover from that whole shirt escapade. He couldn't believe those words had actually left his mouth. Shaking it off he looked at her when she nodded in response to his question. "We could watch a movie."

"We could." She nodded and looked over at the selection of movie's she had in the apartment. "What do you want to watch?" She said as she had to snap her fingers in front of his face to once again get his attention. "Patrick, are you okay?" She asked, she was beginning to get worried about how much he was spacing out and how weird he had been acting since he got there. She hoped there wasn't anything wrong.

"No, I'm not okay." He shook his head as he leaned forward and started to nervously thumb through one of her other textbooks. "Listen, Kristen. I love you." He said through gritted teeth, his eyes closed as if he were protecting himself from some sort of horrible reaction.

"Really?" Kristen eyes lit up as she looked at him.

Patrick nodded. "Yeah, really. And, now that I've said it, I want to say it again. I love you, I love you, I love you!" He smiled brightly at her.

"Wow, that's amazing. Incredible." She smiled as she looked at him bright eyed.

"Yeah, and..." He nodded, looking at her. He was waiting for her to say something in response.

"Amazing." She repeated, looking at him. She leaned over and kissed him deeply before she pulled away.

Patrick looked at her. "Don't you have something to say?" He was trying to hide the fact that he was upset.

"Thank you." She smiled as she wrapped her arms around him again.

"Kristen!" He frowned at her. Now, he was definitely the biggest loser ever. He had told the women he loved that he did so and what did she say? Thank you. That's all she could say? Thank you! He got up and walked away and around the couch not sure what to make his next move.

"Patrick." She smiled at him, "I love you, too." She got up and walked over to him and wrapping her arms around him.

"Really?" The smile that spread across his face was unmatchable. It spread from ear to ear and it was so wide you would think his face would hurt.

"Really. I love you, too." She nodded and wrapped her arms around him as she kissed him deeply. She really did love him, too. With all of her heart. She just needed to bust his chops sometimes, even at a time like this.
Sign up to rate and review this story