Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age

Stars Lighting My Heaven - June 7 (no June 6)

by AlexSanDee 7 reviews

The second wedding

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-06-07 - Updated: 2007-06-08 - 972 words

0Moving
"Son, you got yourself a beautiful bride." Elvis patted Mikey on the back. "You two ready?"

Mikey tore his gaze from Alicia, "We need a ring," he said. "Her original ring was stolen." The pain in his voice could be heard clearly.

"Sorry to hear that." Elvis walked around to the display case and pulled out the tray of weddings rings. "Alicia, come on over here and pick you out one." He sat the tray on the glass top case.

"I want one just like the first ring." Alicia said walking over to where Elvis stood. Her gaze fell to the tray of beautiful rings but soon a frown marred her face. "I don't see one like it," she said unhappily.

"What ring did you choose?" Pricilla asked while walking over and joining them.

Alicia sighed, "It was the Love Me Tender solitaire"

Pricilla shook her head, "Oh, I'm so sorry hun but we sold the last one a few days ago. That particular style has been discontinued." She tried to lessen the disappointment "Some of these others are just a pretty"

Alicia tried no to let her disappointment show. "It's OK, just a plain gold band will be fine." It truly didn't matter; the ring was just a symbol. The love she felt for Mikey was all that was important.

"I'm so sorry baby," Mikey said moving to stand by her, "Maybe we can find one like it later." He put his arms around her waist and hugged her.

She nodded, "Just a plain gold band will be fine, Mikey."

Elvis had her try a plain gold band on for size then replaced the tray of rings. He clasped his hands together. "Well then are we ready?" They both nodded.

"Alicia, could I please have the honor of being your matron of honor?" Pricilla asked in a kind tone.

"Oh please, I would love you to." Alicia impulsively hugged her. "Thank you."

Elvis and Mikey took their places at the front of the chapel then Pricilla started the music. Since the couple was already legally married there was no need for witnesses. As Love Me Tender sang by the King himself softly played, Pricilla slowly walked down the aisle. When she reached the front of the chapel Alicia started to slowly make her way towards them. She hadn't wanted to carry flowers she simply walked with her hands at her sides and her head held high. Mikey realized she had never looked more beautiful then she did at this moment.

The music stopped and Elvis began. "We are gathered today to rejoin Mikey and Alicia in holy matrimony. Their love is strong and true and has withstood much." He turned slightly, "Alicia would you please tell Mikey how you feel?

Alicia blinked back tears and spoke in a strong clear voice. "Mikey I love you more than life itself. You are my husband, my lover, my protector and my best friend. I love you with my whole heart and soul. When I thought I would lose you my heart stopped beating, my soul cried out. We are one in body and mind." She paused to wipe a stray tear. "You are my life, Mikey. You have been since the first time I saw you and you will continue to be my life forever. Nothing will ever tear us apart."

"Now Mikey, son tell her what's in your heart" Elvis prompted.

Mikey cleared his throat, "Alicia, I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone. You are the warming sun in my days and the stars lighting my heaven. You are the comforting port at the end of my long journeys - welcoming me home. I promise I will always love you and protect you. I will be the man you need me to be." He paused for a moment then let his heart speak, "I love you, now and forever"

The words from their hearts filled the chapel "Those were beautiful vows. Now please join hands." Elvis instructed.

Pricilla walked over and pushed the button starting the recorded music. Alicia was shocked when Gerard's voice filled the chapel as he sang "I Can't Help Falling In Love". "He recorded this for us yesterday" Mikey whispered to her. Soon his eyes were as misty as Alicia's. As the last notes faded away the couple looked deeply into each other's eyes.

"Now it's time for the ring," Elvis said softly. Mikey pulled the ring from his pocket and held it out for Alicia to see.

"Mikey it's my ring" she cried when she saw not the plain gold band but instead a ring just like the original that had sealed their love.

"Not the original but this one is even more special" he lifted her hand and turned it over to place the ring in her palm. "Words from my heart are inscribed inside" he said, his voice breaking with emotion. Alicia lifted the ring and read the inscription. Tears were in her eyes when she looked up at him. "Mikey, oh Mikey" was all she could say.

"It's time to slip that ring on her finger, son" Elvis said softly.

Mikey took the ring from Alicia and slowly slid it on her ring finger. "Please know that what's written inside this ring is also written on my heart." He said looking into her eyes.

"The same words are written on my heart," she told him. Mindless of anyone or anything their lips came together.

"I didn't even get to say 'you may kiss the bride'." Elvis said with a smile.


Authors Note - Sorry there was no chapter yesterday but I couldn't get on FicWad. I'm really getting upset about this site. I know it's hard sometimes but please leave reviews if you can. I really cherish your comments.
Sign up to rate and review this story