Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Senses Fail

Terminal Frost

by horsie890 0 reviews

Ray

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-06-14 - Updated: 2007-06-15 - 478 words

0Unrated
Gerard and Frank walked through the door about fifteen minutes later, both smiling. Frank was laughing, and I could tell that if Gerard could have laughed, he would. I nearly asked them what was so funny, but I caught myself beforehand. It would be dangerous to make a mistake like that.

A crumpled piece of paper landed next to me. I picked it up and smoothed it out so I could read the words.

Where's Mikey?

I looked up to see Gerard standing there with a small smile. I smiled back.

"Upstairs, in his room," I answered him. He thanked me with a single nod and climbed the stairs with heavy footsteps.

My watch's alarm beeped suddenly, alerting me that it was time to give Mikey his medication. The hospital had given him something different to treat his bipolar disorder, hoping it wouldn't react with whatever poison had hurt all of us. The last thing anyone wanted was for something worse to happen.

I grabbed a bottle of water and the pills off the counter and climbed the stairs to Mikey's room. Gerard was standing just outside the door with his hands in his pockets, looking more nervous than I would have expected. I placed a hand on his shoulder, startling him slightly.

"It's okay, Gerard. He really wants to see you," I told him. He managed a fleeting smile before opening the door.

"Who's there?" Mikey asked fearfully.

"It's Ray. You're supposed to take your meds now," I told him. He nodded once and took the pills. Just after he swallowed them, he froze, not speaking for several moments.

"Someone else is there," he said decidedly.

"It's Gerard." I saw him smile almost immediately, but it didn't last long. I suddenly realized they would have an impossible time trying to talk to each other. No wonder Gerard had seemed so scared.

Gerard tentatively walked over to his younger brother and sat next to him, placing an arm around his shoulders. Mikey just smiled.

"Hey," he said softly. "I missed you." I decided to leave, but before I got out the door, a hand on my shoulder stopped me. I turned back to see Gerard staring at me with tears in his eyes. I glanced behind him, and Mikey was crying as well. I sighed; I should have known this would have been too much for them to handle. Gerard practically ran out of the room, leaving his brother in silent tears.

"I'm sorry, Mikey," I said quietly.

"It's not your fault," he whispered. I watched as Gerard hurriedly made his way back down the stairs, scribbling a quick note to Frank. He nodded, and they walked out the front door. I was confused, but I decided not to follow them. Mikey needed me.

"His voice is frozen, Ray," he said sadly, shaking with sobs. "It's frozen forever."
Sign up to rate and review this story