Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Weekend From Hell

by checkered_stars 2 reviews

The weekend with the Way's at the beach...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-15 - Updated: 2007-06-15 - 4824 words - Complete

1Exciting
Hello!! Next chapter is up (obviously!!)
BIG thank you to jerseygirlxx. She advised me heaps in writing better. So thank you.
Hope you enjoy this chapter, please rate and review...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7-

The next day, I lay on my bed, my half packed suitcase next to me.
I sighed and picked up my phone.

"Hello?" Scarlet said on the other end of the phone.

"SCARLET!! YOU GOTTA HELP ME!! I'M IN SOME DEEP SHIT MAN!!" I screamed on the phone.

She cringed and thrust the phone away from her ear. Then after a few seconds, she brought the phone back to her ear, certain that I had finished my outburst.

"Well, first. Try lowering your voice a little. Calm yourself down, and tell me what's going on..." Scarlet said in a cool, calm and collected tone.

I sighed. "Well. We're going to the beach this long weekend..." I started.

"And?..." Scarlet questioned.

"Well! If you'd let me finish!!" I yelled.

"Sorry..." she whispered.

I sighed again. "We're going to the beach will the Ways. The fucking whole weekend. And you know what just puts the icing on the fucking cake?! I'm sleeping in the same room with Gerard. Just me and Gerard." I yelled, sarcasm oozing off my tongue.

There was an uncertain silence that filled both rooms. My dog came in my room and jumped up on my bed. I patted the space next to me and she sat there. With my free left hand, I scratched her behinds the ears.

Scarlet decided it had been silent for to long and decided to say: "Sorry to say it Rach. But you're fucked." Scarlet laughed.

"Yes. Yes I am. Wasn't it just grand of our parents to put us in a room together? Leave us alone for the whole fucking weekend. Together. Alone!? I mean, quite shameful, but I wouldn't actually liked to be with Matt this time!" I said, I was pissed and freaking out all at the same time.

Scarlet giggled. "Wow. Now you're talking crazy talk. So, what, Mikey's with Matt, you with Gerard, and the couples are together?" she questioned.

"Mhmm... It's just going to be grand..." I said. My sarcasm sinking in again. I groaned. "What am I going to do Scar?"

There was a silence that became slightly impatient for me. But I still waited in silence while I waited for Scarlet to say something.

"Honestly Rachel." She snorted. "I have no idea. Haven't been in this situation before. To be honest. Don't really plan to be in any situation like this. So what are you going to do? By what I hear, things are pretty awkward between you two lately."

"Well. You have heard right my friend.... Where did you hear that from?" I asked, suddenly curious.

"Mostly it was my speculations, and by sources that names I cannot disclose." She said in a newsreader accent.

I laughed. "Ok. Don't tell me. But I'll find out sooner or later." I said. "Do you think people know about what happened between Gerard and I?" I asked.

"That depends on what you mean by "people"..." Scarlet whispered.

I giggled. "That. Was... Creepy..." I giggled again. "What I meant was, people, like people..." I snorted. "I DON'T KNOW!!.... Does anyone else in the group know? Cause, I don't really care if they know. But it'd be annoying if they found out by word-of-mouth." I said.

"Umm... Not that I know of." Scarlet said.

I got up off my bed and made my way over to my drawers and pulled out clothes and piled them into my suitcase as Scarlet still talked.

"I don't even know why we're going this weekend. It's not exactly the most ideal weather to be going to the beach. It's.. kinda cold... If you know what I mean?" I said.

Scarlet snorted.

"Well... That's my fucked up parents for ya!" I said, throwing my left hand in the air as I walked over to the suitcase again.

I stood in front of it suitcase, my hands on my hips and my right shoulder attached to my ear, trying to hold the phone up. After I had finished staring at it and thought hard about if I had forgotten anything. I closed the top and attempted to zip it up, but stopped myself half way; I still needed to put my necessities in.

Scarlet and I talked for a little while longer. She told me it might be a good idea to maybe try talking to him before we go. But I wasn't sure if I wanted to. She told me to have fun, and call her if something happens. We hung up, and I headed for the kitchen. Looking for something to put in my grumbling stomach.

*

I took in a deep breath, and breathed it out again slowly. I lifted my head out of my book and looked out the window. 'Tree, tree, tree, tree, tree, another tree... Oh look! Another tree!' I thought to myself.
I groaned and slipped my bookmark in between the pages and slammed my book shut. I set it beside me and looked out the window again. I lifted my hand up and rested my chin in my palm. I sighed.
"Daaad..." I moaned. "How long have we got until we get there? I'm bored shitless. And my legs are starting to cramp!"

Matt laughed. "What legs?! You've hardly got any! Look at them, so short and stumpy!" he said as he poked my thighs.

I flicked his hand away and turned my attention back to Dad. He looked at me through the rear-vision mirror and said: "Should be there in about half an hour. Won't take that long. Promise."
He smiled at me and I smiled back.

I sighed and sunk lower into my seat. I closed my eyes and thought about Gerard. I had only seen him briefly that morning, as I stayed in the car when we were at their house. I had my nose buried in my book, but I was secretly looking at him through the corner of my eye. And if I were correct. I could've sworn he was looking at me through the corner of his eyes as well.

I sighed again and sunk deeper into my thoughts. I hadn't told anyone, but since I kissed Gerard, I couldn't stop thinking about him. Was it possible that I liked him? I'm not going to lie. I enjoyed that kiss, and I sorely regret running away. But, do I like him?

A smile spread across my lips as I thought about it. To my luck, my brother noticed.

"What are you smiling about?" he asked.

My eyes flew open and I sat up a little. I brought my elbows up and rested on them.

"Ah... Nothing! Just thinking about what Lily did the other day. Was pretty funny." I said, trying my best to sound convincible.

Matt had some idea that I was lying. So he tested me a bit more.

"Oh. I see. What did she do that was so funny?" Matthew asked. He had a suspicious and cheeky smile on his face. A smile I had learnt not to trust.

I forced a fake laugh to make it sound believable. "She was running up and down the corridor one lunch time, and... one of the teachers opened the door and she slammed right into it..." I said. This time, I actually did laugh. I had the picture in my head of that actually happening. It was quite amusing.

Matt rested back into his seat again and gave me a glare. I chose to ignore it, and close my eyes again.

I was in thoughtless peace when my pocket started vibrating. I brought my hips up and got my phone out of my back pocket. I looked at the little screen and it read "Mikey". I giggled and opened the lid.

"Couldn't even go a few hours without me?!" I said sarcastically. Still looking out the window.

Mikey laughed. "No, nothing like that. I could go a whole decade without seeing you, and I would be great!"

"Hey! I find that insulting..." I yelled at Mikey, attempting to sound hurt.

Dad turned his head slightly, and glared at me. I shrunk my shoulders and mouthed "sorry".

"So, why did you call me then Mikes? What needed to be told right now? Cause you know we've got like, another, ten, twenty minutes until we're there?" I said, playing with the ends of my short, brown hair.

"Well. I was bored. What else? I've read all my comics, and every time I try to talk to Gerard, he ignores me... So that is w-" Mikey answered.

"HEY!! Every time I went to talk to you before, you would just ignore me, and continue reading your stupid comics! So, that's what I like to call payback a bitch!" I heard Gerard freak out in the background.

I silently laughed, and a huge smile played on my lips.

"Why are you calling them stupid for Gerard? THEY'RE YOUR COMICS!! And besides, you choose the worst time to talk to me. When it starts to get really interesting, you just interrupt with your shit talk!' Mikey yelled at Gerard.

Right at that moment, I wasn't apart of the conversation. I was just listening to Gerard and Mikey argue. Which was a rare occasion because of them being so close; they hardly ever fought, and when they did, it was nothing serious; but that was still a rare occasion. So I took this to my full advantage.

I listened for about five minutes until Mikey and Gerard had given up on each other, and stopped yelling. There was a silence on both ends of the phone that gave an uncertainty about what was going to be said next.

"I know what happened between you and Gerard!!..." Mikey breathed at me. His voice also had a hint of tease in it.

"WHAT?! WHO TOLD YOU?!" I squealed. My voice when high pitched and squeaky.

My dad turned his head again and glared at me.

"Keep your voice down, or you'll be walking the rest of the way!" Dad yelled, his voice deep, and threatening.

I nodded my head and put my focus back to Mikey. There was a silence that worried me for some strange reason.

"Well?! Answer me Michael!!" I ordered, sitting up in my seat to look out the front drivers window. "Who told you?!"

Mikey laughed. "Umm... Can't talk about it now. There's peoples in the cars, listening. We talk later!"

I groaned. "Whatever Mikey. I'll see you there... Bitch..." I sighed.

"HEY!! I HEARD THA-" Mikey yelled, before I hung up. Cutting him off.

I sighed once again and propped myself on my elbows, and looked out the front window again. We were close. You could smell the tangy, foul smell of the salt water and sand.

Once we finally got there, and we parked the car, I was the first one to jump out of the car. I walked and ran over to a log that was not far from the cars, and stretched my legs. I looked up and saw Mikey slowly making his way over to me. I heard him laugh softly as he sat on the log next to me. He glared at me as I avoided his eyes.

"So... Looking forward to the weekend?! Cause I think you might!!" Mikey said, teasing me. He knew something, and I was going to find out what.

"What do you know?!" I groaned.

"I know lots of things. I know what eleven times eleven is, what's the seventh planet from the sun, how to work a dvd player, you kissing Gerard, how to play bass; a little, I know how to plant a tree..." Mikey listed. I lost my train of thought, and it finally came to me what he said in the middle of his list.

"... how to cook, READ!! I KNOW HOW TO READ!! I know that we need food and water to li-" Mikey continued, before I stopped him.

"WAIT! What did you say before!?" I shouted a little louder than expected.

I glanced over at the cars and saw Gerard leaning against the car, talking to Matt. I smiled.

"Before, what?" Mikey questioned. He knew what I was talking about, but liked to lead me on and play me for as long as he could.

"Damn it Mikey! You know damn well what!" I shouted, throwing my arms up in the air.

He chuckled and I shot him a look. He cleared his throat and wriggled around on the spot.

"Gerard told me. Who else? I mean, you didn't tell me, nobody else knows... that I know of. So, yeah, who else?" Mikey said.

"Scarlet knows. But that's all... That I know of. So, he told you did he?" I said, a cheeky smile spread across my lips. I could get something out of Mikey if I worked it the right way.

"Well, yeah." Mikey answered.

"What else did he tell you?" I whispered as I leant in closer to Mikey, still smiling.

"He told me... That... you're really good in bed, and he likes it when you play with his-" Mikey said, smiling.

I slapped him on the arm and shouted: "Don't fuck around Mikey! Be serious!"

Everyone looked our way and stared, puzzled looks played on their faces. They should know by now I'm not normal, and random, loud outbursts were actually normal for me.

I turned my head back to Mikey, and signaled for him to go on.

He sighed. Mikey started playing with the bottom of his shirt, and started whispering: "I shouldn't be telling you this, but he said that when you-"

"RACHEL!! GET OVER HERE AND HELP US CARRY THE BAGS!! WE'RE GOING IN NOW!!" Dad yelled from the distance.

I groaned.

"Oooh... Rachel's with Gerard all night long." Mikey teased.

I got up and started to make my way towards the cars.

"Shut up Mikey! We'll continue this conversation later!! Don't give a shit what you say, I'm forcing it out of you!!" I yelled, not even bothering to even turn to him as I talked to him.

*

We had just gotten into our rooms and set our stuff on our beds.
The room was kinda small and had two beds leaned on either wall. I had the one on the right wall, and Gerard got the one on the left side. Gerard's also had a window and was closer to the bathroom, which is why I think he chose that one.

I quickly looked around our room, and headed out the door. Gerard had already left a few seconds ago, not saying a word or even looking at me. I could tell right then, it was going to be horrible weekend.

*


A few hours later, I sighed and sat on my bed, but then decided I really wanted to sit on the floor; so I slowly slid off the edge of my bed, until my butt made a loud crashing sound as it hit the floor. Gerard turned his glance from outside the window, and looked at me and gave me a fake smile. We hadn't said anything to each other all day, and said nothing at dinner. I think our parents might've started to suspect something, but I wasn't entirely sure.

We had been sitting/standing in silence since we had gotten back to the hotel. Which was nearly half an hour ago. So I decided to break the silence: "Kinda hard to avoid each other now, when we're going to be sleeping together in the same room, all weekend, huh?" I joked.

Gerard laughed awkwardly. "Yep. Makes it a lot harder."

There was about a minute of awkward silence.

"Listen, I'm sorry about what I did at the lake the other night. I didn't know what I was doing." I said, looking down and trying to avoid eye contact.

"No, it's fine. I understand. It was just a "heat-of-the-moment" thing. Don't think nothing of it." Gerard said as he walked over to his bed and laid down on it. 'I'm probably going to go to sleep now. I'm pretty tired.' He yawned and stretched his arms in the air above him.

"Yeah, I think I am too." I lied. I got up and walked over to my bag, and got out a pair of pajamas. 'I'll go put these on, and I'll probably go to bed...' I walked into the bathroom and shut the door. I threw my pajamas across the room, and they landed on the basin of the bath. I slowly slid my way down the door and closed my eyes. I slowly pulled in a big, deep, loud breath, and let it out just a slowly as I had let it in.

"Horrible?!" I hissed to myself while running a hand through my hair. "Who the fuck was I kidding?! This weekend's going to be hell!" I whispered before I got up and walked over to the bath...

*

Two days had past already since we had gotten to the beach, and we were planning to leave the next day. Gerard and I hadn't really talked much, we went our separate ways, and the next time we were to see each other was at dinner time. It was secretly killing me to have Gerard there all the time, but us not actually talking to each other. To see him constantly, and to think things about him, but never wanting to act upon them.

*

On the second night, Gerard and I sat on our beds, stuffing ourselves with chocolate. I stopped eating and looked up at Gerard. I sighed. Gerard stopped eating himself, and looked up at me.

"What's wrong?" Gerard mumbled, still obviously having chocolate in his mouth.

"Nothing... It's just, you know. No, don't worry about it..." I whispered looking down on the bed.

"No. There's something wrong. Tell me!" Gerard demanded, still trying to get the chocolate that was stuck to the roof of his mouth.

"It's nothing really, I was just thinking how great things used to be between us, and then, things just... changed. And I had to go and fuck everything up with... You know, what I did at the lake." I mumbled, slightly blushing.

"You mean you kissing me?" Gerard asked while jumping off his bed and getting his drink.

"Well. Yeah." I mumbled and tried to avoid looking at him, or looking up at all.

"Yeah, I know what you mean..." Gerard trailed off and plunking himself back on his bed.

There was a minute or two of awkward silence.

I sighed. "I'm sorry Gerard."

"For what?!" Gerard yelled.

"For fucking everything up..." I whispered.

"And how'd you do that?" Gerard asked as he turned his body towards me, still sitting on his bed.

"I dunno, by liking you, by kissing you... By everyt-" I started, before Gerard cut me off.

"What?! You like me?!" Gerard screamed.

I instantly turned red and felt sick in the stomach.
'SHIT! I said it didn't I? But I don't remember saying it... Did I say it or not?!' my thoughts were running at a hundred miles an hour. I didn't know what to say, but then realized, there's no real point of denying it anymore.

"Yeah." I whispered. "I like you..." I mumbled as I got my phone out of my pocket as another excuse to not look up at Gerard.

"Really? No fucking around?" Gerard asked innocently.

"Yes! For fuck sakes! I like you! How could you not have noticed?! I've been pretty strange around you lately!" I shouted, and for the first time in those two days, I looked at him. In the eye.

"Well. No, I haven't noticed. Obviously. So how long have you liked me for?" Gerard whispered softly, and opening the wrapping on another bar of chocolate.

"Please Gerard, I don't want to talk about it..." I said, lying down and turning on my side, facing the wall, and my back to Gerard.

"Why not?!" Gerard cried in a babyish voice.

"Cause I don't want to!" I cried.

"Ah. Come on. Please?" Gerard pleaded. "I'll tell you how long I've liked you for?"

I then, shoot up fast enough, to give a normal person whiplash. I turned around a looked at Gerard with a puzzled and confused look on my face. He laughed.

"What did you just say?!" I said, my voice shaky for some weird reason.

"You heard me damn it! I like you!" Gerard screamed, and slightly smiled.
He was trying hard not to smile. I could tell.

At that moment, I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. Was he serious? Or was he joking around in a bad attempt to fess up to my secrets?

I forced a fake laugh. "Uh-ha. Whatever Gerard. Like you would ever like me!" I laughed.

"No! I'm serious! I like you Rachel... Why do you think I kissed you back when we were at the lake that night? And why do you think that I've been avoiding you more than usual lately?" Gerard whispered shyly.
I could tell, that even though he was hiding his face, his cheeks were bright red.

"Umm... I dunno. So how long have you liked me for?" I asked, smiling.

Gerard laughed. "Nope! I asked you first! You answer to me, before I even consider answering your question!" Gerard said.

There was something between us that then, either came back, or left. We had perked up since our little "confessions" and it was kinda like old times. But different.

"No. I asked you first, so you tell me!" Gerard laughed.

We were both laughing now, and trying to continue our pointless argument.
I stopped laughing and went silent.

"Gerard?" I said. He went silent and looked at me. "Can we, try and make it less awkward between us? I mean, I like this. Us, talking and laughing again. I missed that. So can we... try and...umm..." I said, but got stuck on what I was trying to say.

"I know what you're trying to say. And my answer is yes. I've missed this too. Friends?" Gerard said. I laughed.

"Friends." I added.

Just then, my Mum came in. Ruining whatever moment we had.

"Argh! Mum! Can you please knock next time?!" I huffed, turning towards the door and looking up at my mother.

"Why should I knock?! Unless there was something going on here?!" Mum said sarcastically.

"Mum!" I groaned. "You know it annoys me when people just barge in and don't knock! Now, what do you want?!" I hissed at her.

"I know it does. That's why I do it! I just came in here to tell you two to get dressed cause we're going out for dinner. We expect you ready and down in half an hour." Mum said before turning and closing the door. But she then opened it again, and opened it half way, and left. Leaving the door as it was.

"MUM!!" I screamed.

Gerard giggled, and in the distance, I heard Mum laugh too.

"It's funny how you get so worked up about that." Gerard chuckled.

"Well. It annoys me," I said as I got up and slammed the door, closing it properly. "You either have it open, or closed! You can't have it both ways!!" I screamed while making frantic hand gestures. "And what annoys me even more, is you people knowing I hate it, but still go along and do it anyway!" I yelled.

"We do it, because we know it annoys the living shit out of you!" Gerard giggled. He was wildly amused at my defensiveness with doors. As he always was.

"Yes! It annoys the shit out of me! And you fucking know that! Whatever, I can see you're getting pleasure out of me freaking over a door. So I'm gonna stop and have a shower, and get ready. Unlike you, I like being clean when I go out..." I said harshly.

"TAKE IT BACK!" Gerard screamed and jumped off his bed and dived for me.

"NEVER!!" I screamed in a overdramatic voice. I threw my head back, grabbed my bag, slammed the bathroom door and locked it, all just in time.
When Gerard dived, he was a bit too late, and slammed into the closed bathroom door.

"Fuck!" Gerard yelled and rubbed his head with his hand.

"Serves you right!" I laughed at him from the other side of the door.

I continued to laugh, and smile pathetically as I stripped, and stepped into the shower.

*
"Aren't you hot?! I mean, those shorts don't really show that much skin, you must be boiling..." Mikey stated.

I laughed. "And this is coming from someone that's wearing pants?!"

Mikey laughed, but remained silent.

"Besides, you should know that I don't really like showing off that much skin." I smiled.

"Soo... Are you planning to finish off our little conversation that we last night or what?!" Mikey shouted while jumping up and down.

"I thought we had finished that?" I asked.

"Nope. You still have yet to tell me if a particular Rachel, likes a particular Gerard..." Mikey said deeply.

"Hmm... But the real question is, should that particular Rachel tell that particular Mikey the answer?" I said resting my left hand on my chin in an attempt to look serious and smart.

"I think you should!" Mikey laughed.

"Well, fine! Let me get your opinion on it first." I screamed.

"You scream at the most random, inappropriate times!" Mikey laughed.

I looked at him. "So, can I get your opinion?" I asked Mikey.

"Of course! Shoot!" Mikey yelled.

"Well... I'm not sure if I like him or not, but I'm pretty sure I do. But then I'm not really sure how I feel, think and act towards him means anything. What do you think?" I said staring down at the sand below me.

"Ok. I'm going to ask you some questions. A simple "yes" or "no" will be fine..." Mikey said in a psychiatrists' tone of voice. I laughed, and Mikey pretended to pull out an imaginary not pad, he swung it open and went on. "Now, have you thought about him lately?"

I laughed. 1- because Mikey was trying desperately to be serious for once, and 2- because as Mikey was asking that question, I was a matter of fact, thinking about Gerard.

I blushed slightly, and put my hands over my cheeks in an attempt to cover them up.

"Yes..." I said shyly.

"Do you think he's hot?" Mikey asked.

I somehow managed to snort, laugh and scream, all at the same time.
"WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH IT?!" I screamed in a high pitched tone.

"I dunno, I just wanna know, I guess..." Mikey said shrugging. "Well... Do you?"

I laughed again. "Maybe. No comment."

"Ah, you're no fun." Mikey teased.

"Whatever." I giggled.

Mikey continued to ask me questions, most of the irrelevant to the actual subject.

"And, now I come to my conclusion. You like my brother." Mikey shouted.

"MIKEY!" I hissed, looking around furiously.

"What!? You're gonna go and deny it now?!" Mikey shouted again.

"No I'm not! But can you lower your voice a bit?! I mean, there might be certain people we know around here!" I hissed.

"Rachel likes Gerard! Rachel likes Gerard!" Mikey started yelling while running up and down.

"Mikey!" I hissed. "Your fifteen for fuck sakes!"

I flew over to him and grabbed his arm. I then tripped and fell, thrusting Mikey's arms down with me. We fell in a heap in the sand. We giggled and rolled around for about five minutes. I stopped laughing when I saw Gerard walk past with a couple of girls in bikinis. He had his arm draped around one of the girls, one he was getting very friendly with.
Mikey noticed my instant silence, and turned his head to the direction I was looking at. He smiled and laughed.

"Oooo! Someone's jealous!" Mikey screamed.

"AM NOT!" I yelled while shoving Mikey's shoulder.

"Oh, you so are. Stop denying it" Mikey smiled. He turned his head again over to Gerard and tilted his head slightly. "... I like the one on the right, blonde hair... Nice tits..." Mikey whispered.

I burst out laughing. "Mikey," I laughed, putting a hand on his shoulder. "You have NO chance buddy. Get over it!"

Mikey flicked my arm off with his shoulder.

"Ah. Whatever." He frowned as he outstretched his hand and I took it.

We walked back to the hotel, laughing.
When Mikey and I got back to the hotel, we decided to go to my room instead of his.
We were talking and watching TV, when Gerard and the same girl from the beach burst through the door. Making out...
Sign up to rate and review this story