Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We Don't Fight Fair

Chapter Nine - So this is just the beginning...

by EleC 1 review

Sarena meets Pete Wentz, and that leads to meeting the guys from Panic! At The Disco... what will happen when she and her best friend Ele are in the mix? (This summary suck, I know... just read th...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-06-19 - Updated: 2007-06-19 - 1348 words

0Unrated
Sarena arrived at the Universal Studios, walking as if she didn't notice the cameras following her around. She had to admit it was pretty annoying, especially when Ryan called her and she had to pretend it was her mother. Because they were spying on every move she made, and she didn't want to the whole world to know she was dating Ryan. Even though he said it was ok with him, she didn't want to share her "secret" with anyone else beside her closest friends.
As she walked out of her dressing room, with the make up done to perfection and ready to hit the set, she was surprised to see Pete there. For what she knew, he wasn't supposed to do another cameo.
She approached him and he smiled as he saw her, hugging her.
"Pete, what are you doing here?" Sar asked, rolling her eyes as one of the cameramen came bouncing as soon as he acknowledged Pete's presence.
"Well, I was sent here to check on you... by your... hum... mom?" Pete replied, looking at the camera guy.
Sarena laughed. "Yeah, I haven't seen mom yet and I miss her..."
"well, she misses you too..." he looked around, biting his lips just as another camera guy came towards them. "Hey, can we stop talking about your mom? It's... strange..."
"Yeah, I guess... so, how are you doing?"
"I'm good... I just talked with your producers, they're probably allowing me to make another cameo soon..." Pete answered smiling.
"That's awesome..." Sar said, before being interrupted by her manager who told her they were ready to shoot the first scene of the day.
So she hugged Pete one last time before getting ready on the set.

Pete got out of the Universal Studios and raced to his car, where Brendon and Ryan were waiting for him.
"How is she doing? Did she ask about me? Does she miss me? Did she get my message?" Ryan asked before Pete even had a chance to say Hi.
Pete rolled his eye. "Fine, yes, yes and she didn't say. Happy?"
Ryan looked perplexed. "Not really... I'm gonna try send her another text message..." he said going to sit on the sidewalk.
"Man, he's so lovey-dovey..." Pete commented, looking at his friend pushing the buttons of his sidekick like a madman.
"Yeah... He got it bad for Sar, I guess..." Brendon replied, stuffing his hands in his jeans' pockets.
"Well, you got it bad for Ele... right?"
Brendon smiled. "Yeah... I think... man, this is crazy but I think I'm falling in love with her..."
Pete patted his friend's shoulder. "Go tell her, then... where is she by the way?"
"I wanted to hang out but she had to go to the studio today..."
"Well, I guess you should surprise her and go see her, then..."
Brendon laughed. "Well, I have no idea where this infamous studio is, I meant to ask her but I forgot..."
Pete took out his sidekick shaking his head. As he punched in some numbers he smiled evilly. Brendon looked at him with a confused expression.
"Andy, hey... sup? Hey, I need to ask you something... Your sister's at the studio right now, right? Oh, you're with her? Awesome, where is it? Ok... I'm coming with Brendon but don't tell her, it's a surprise... Cool, thank you man..." he hung up and smiled at Brendon. "See? That was easy..."

Ele sang the last part of the song she was working on and as her producer, Dave, gave her both thumbs up, she took off the headphones.
"That was rad, Ele..." Dave told her through the speakerphones.
"Nope! That was dope man!" Ele half-screamed in her gangsta voice, resulting a laughter from everyone.
She hopped off the stool she had been sitting on and walked out of the recording booth.
Her brother was sitting on a chair next to Dave.
"Hey Ele, I think we should rehears this one song we wrote yesterday..." Dave announced handing her a paper with some music sheet printed on it.
"Ok..." Ele nodded going to sit at the piano. She immediately started to play a couple of chords, as the intro of the song. She started singing it until Dave stopped her to make some corrections and some minor changes to the lyrics.
"If you could do it higher, that'd be perfect... can you try it?"
Ele started singing the part that Dave asked her to, but immediately stopped as the door cracked open and Pete peeked inside.
"Sup everybody!" he cheered as he let himself in. "I brought some visitors, is that cool?" he said just as Brendon and Ryan finally emerged in the room.
Dave looked slightly confused as Ele and Andy got up to greet the three guys.
"Dave, these are Pete, Brendon and Ryan... guys, this is Dave, my producer..." Dave stood up to shake their hands as Brendon succeeded in pecking Ele on the lips. "Is it ok if they stay here, right?"
Dave nodded, smiling. "Yeah, as long as they won't distract you, they're very much welcome to stay..."
Ele grinned. "Thank you..."
"Ok, well..." Dave started looking through his schedule and the many papers he had on his desk. "I think we should start recording what we just tried... what do you think?" he asked looking at Ele, who immediately jumped up. "Ok..."

And hour and half later, Andy was in the recording booth playing the drums, recording the base for one of Ele's songs. Dave and Pete were busy paying attention to what Andy was doing, while Ele sat in between Brendon and Ryan at a near table. She was having a hard time trying to concentrate on the lyrics she wanted to write down since Ryan kept asking about Sar, while Brendon rolled his eyes at his friend.
"Ryan, will you stop it for a second?" Brendon warned him.
Ryan sighed. "I'm sorry Ele..." he said lowering his eyes.
"It's ok, Ry..." Ele answered looking through the papers scattered on the table.
Brendon was pretty much focused on Andy beating on the drums, while Ryan noticed a paper with some lyrics scribbled down in a different calligraphy. He could tell it wasn't Ele's.
He read through the lines and was fascinated by what he read.
"Hey Ele, did you write this?" he asked.
Ele lifted her eyes off the paper and grabbed the sheet Ryan was handing her. "Me and Sar did... she had this idea for a song and had some lines in mind so we came up with the lyrics together. Sar has some major skills at song writing, she's way better than me..."
Ryan didn't reply, he just kept looking at the paper, deep in concentration.
After 10 minutes, he finally spoke up. "I got it!"
Brendon raised his eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"
Ryan handed him the paper as Ele just looked at the two without saying a word. "Remember that one melody we came up with last week? The lyrics I had in mind were just wrong, but this... this is perfect!"
He waited for Brendon to read through the whole page, smiling enthusiastically.
"Yeah, that's pretty much awesome... but it doesn't change the fact that it's Ele and Sar's song..." Brendon reasoned.
"That's the point. I want them to sing this song with our melody."
"What?" Ele asked, finally getting into the conversation. "I can't sing that, Ryan, really... No matter how much I'd like to sing a song like that, I don't have the credibility. But I'm sure Sar will definitely like your idea."
Ryan shook his head. "Credibility? Are you crazy? It's your voice, you should do whatever you want with it! And it's a good chance for a change. You're both singing this and it's final." He folded the paper and stuffed it into his wallet.
Ele turned her face to look at Brendon, silently asking for some kind of help.
"It's final" Brendon told her lifting his hands, to let her know that there was nothing he could do against Ryan's decision.
Sign up to rate and review this story