Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > And I Saw God Cry In The Reflection Of My Enemies...

Hemmingway

by FallOutGrl 1 review

THANK YOU ERIN

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-06-20 - Updated: 2007-06-20 - 538 words

0Unrated
PETES POV.

It was a little while after my little "episode". Joe and I were sitting on the couch watching television. We were having an awkward silence.

"Wanna talk about it?" Joe asked cautiously.

"No," I replied sternly not taking my gaze away from the TV.

"Ookkkaaayyy," he replied leaning back into the couch.

Just then a commercial for an animal shelter came on TV. I felt my heart break when I saw those animal's faces. I just sat there is awe until it was over. Then The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came back on.


JOES POV.
I saw Pete's face when that commercial came on. He wanted to go there and adopt them all. That's when it clicked.

"Pete, c'mon I want to take you out!" I told him.

"Do I have to?" he asked slurring all the worlds together, turning his head slightly to look at me.

"YES! Now go get your shoes!!" I told him.

He sighed and got up.


PETES POV.
"Where are we going Joe?" I asked him, as he sped up at the yellow light, so he wouldn't have to stop.

"You'll see, we are almost there," he told me.

I sighed and slumped back into the seat. A few minutes later we pulled into a very familiar looking animal shelter. I smiled.

"You son of a bitch," I laughed.

"Hey!! There are female dogs around!! You might offend one!" Joe said sarcastically.

I punched him in the shoulder. We walked in the front doors of the shelter to the sound of barking dogs.

"Hi, we are here to adopt a puppy!" Joe said cheerfully.

"Great! Follow me!" The woman behind the front desk said, just as cheerfully right back.

Joe and I followed her into a room full of big cages. As soon as we walked in, all the dogs shut up and sat down.

"Wow, do they always do that?" I whispered to the lady.

"No... That's weird..." she replied taking a step away from me.

"Take your pick!" Joe said.

I started at the first cage. Cute, cute, cute, cute, weird, EW, cute, my new puppy. There sat an adorable 3-month-old bulldog. He looked up at me with those big brown eyes.

"I like this one," I said, as Joe and the woman walked over.

"This is Peanut, are you sure you want to adopt him?" the lady asked.

"Yeah I'm sure!" I exclaimed.
After signing some paperwork the lady gave went to the room and came out with "Peanut" on a leash. Peanut is a ridiculous name for a dog.

"Here you go sir," The lady said handing me the leash.

"Thank you," I replied with a big smile on my face.

"I'm going to miss you Peanut!" the lady said in a baby voice bending down and giving him a kiss on the head.

"Again thank you," Joe said ushering me out of the shelter.

"That lady creeped me out," he told me.

I shook my head and bent down to see my new puppy.

"We heed to give you a new name," I said to him.

He just licked my face in response.

"How bout... Hemmingway?" I suggested.

The puppy barked.

"Hemmingway it is," I smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story