Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Unpleasant Surprises

by checkered_stars 4 reviews

Mikey and Rachel see something they'd rather not, and Rachel finds something out that she'd rather not know...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-20 - Updated: 2007-06-21 - 1847 words - Complete

0Unrated
Again, another BIG thank you to jerseygirlxx...
Sorry this chapters shorter than the other ones, i'm kinda low oon ideas for the moment, and not really sure how i'm gonna get to where i want to get to... if that makes any sense...
so please read, rate and review...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8-

As soon as I saw them, my mouth dropped open. Mikey let out a horrified, high pitched squeal. And I couldn't help but laugh at Mikey's girlishness. Gerard heard Mikey, and stopped kissing this mystery girl. I stared at Gerard, completely shocked.

Something turned in me that I had never felt before.

When Gerard saw me, he froze. A look of embarrassment, horror and guilt spread across his face. Gerard was lost for words. Totally speechless, as was Mikey, and I.

"Is this your brother?" the girl asked Gerard.
She had her arms latched on to Gerard. Like a cheap ten dollar an hour whore.

Gerard cleared his throat.

"Uh, yeah. This is Mikey, my brother, and this is Rachel. A, uh... good friend of mine." Gerard stuttered in a shaky voice.

"Hi..." I whispered shyly at the random girl Gerard had picked up.

"I, uh, have to go find my Mum now, we're uh, meant to be doing something... Soon... so I'll, leave you to it!" I stuttered as I jumped up off my place on the floor and headed for the door.

I turned the handle, and without looking back, I stepped out, closing the door behind me.

"Uh, ha-ha." Mikey laughed nervously.

"I have to go too... Too... Do something, as well..." Mikey trailed off. "... WAIT FOR ME RACHEL!!" Mikey shouted and got up and fled for the door.

When he closed the door, and looked to his right, and saw me, on the ground, tears slowly streaming down my face.

"Are you ok?" Mikey whispered in a soothing voice.
He crouched down beside me, and put an arm around me.

"Why am I so upset?! It's not like I have a chance with him anyway!" I chocked.

I was trying desperately to sound under control, and not fazed by what had just happened. But I failed, again, like many other things I try to do.

"I think we both know that my brother's a bit of a dickhead at times. But quite frankly, I can't believe he did that to you." Mikey said, stroking my back.

"He didn't do anything to me! I don't own him! It's not like I can stop him from fucking some random slut from the beach!" I sobbed.


"Well. He can't go and say he likes you one day, and the next, make out with someone else. If anything, it should be your tongue in his mouth!" Mikey said.

I laughed softly.

"Yeah. Whatever... Like that's ever going to happen..." I whispered more to myself then to anyone else.

"And he can't just go and do that, and dangle her in your face! He knows you like him!" Mikey whispered angrily.

We were still whispering because we were still on the other side of the door, to mine and Gerard's room.

"He wasn't dangling her in front of me Mikey. By the look on his face, I think it was more of a shock for him to see us there." I pointed out.

We sat in silence for a few seconds, not really knowing what to say.

I sighed. "Any second now, and we should be able to hear her moaning Gerard's name." I whispered.

Mikey snorted.

"Please! I don't really want to picture my brother doing any of that stuff!" Mikey shouted sarcastically while shielding his eyes.

I giggled and turned to him. I wiped away the last of my tears and got up.

"What'd ya say we stuff ourselves with food and go crazy?!" I shouted and grabbing Mikey's arm and pulling him up.

"Sounds fucking swell to me!! Can we get some sort of alcohol involved as well? I'd really like to get the picture of Gerard making out of my head..." Mikey said sarcastically.

"Wouldn't we all like to..." I mumbled to myself as we walked towards the kitchen, our arms linked.

*

Mikey and I were in the kitchen, completely going crazy with the remaining food we had. We were eating anything and everything that we could find. We had eaten most of the sugar, and we were pretty hysterical.

We were laughing with a mouth full of doughnuts when Gerard walked in.
To be honest, I didn't know what I was feeling towards Gerard. But I did recognize anger. Why I was angry, I didn't know. But at that point, I didn't even care.


"What you guys doing?" Gerard quietly asked as he watched us from some distance, but walking closer.

"Dum fluking mer are nu?" I asked sarcastically.
But then burst out in laughing, knowing what I had just tried to say, didn't come out like I wanted it to. Since I did have a mouth full of food.

I looked over at Mikey. He was silently choking on his food. Which made me laugh even more. It was hard trying to swallow my food while laughing, and in the end, I ended up choking as well.

After about a minute and a half of choking and laughing, I managed to swallow my food, and start my "get-back-at-Gerard" plan. Yes, I had a plan.

I stopped laughing, and looked at him. I cleared my throat and began to speak: "I said. Done fucking her are you?"

"No! I never did fuck her. Never intended to." Gerard defended.

"Ah-uh. Sure you didn't." I said sarcastically.

"What?! You're pissed at me now because I made out with some girl?!" Gerard shouted.

"I'm uh, gonna go. Let you two sort this out..." Mikey said, heading for the door.

"You don't think at all, that what you did was a bit jerkish?!" I yelled at Gerard.

"How is it?! You wanna explain?!" Gerard shouted at me.

My plan wasn't working out like I wanted it to.

"Well. You can't just say "I like you Rachel," one day, and the next, come back to the hotel with some random chick, totally getting up her skirt! It doesn't fucking work like that Gerard!" I explained while shouting.

"So what, you're jealous or something?" Gerard asked, smiling cheekily.

"No! You know what? I'm not talking to you anymore." I said, turning away from Gerard and starting to walk towards the door.

"And why not?!" Gerard shouted, frustrated.

"Cause I don't want to! Simple as that!" I shouted and walked out the door, slamming it.

Gerard smiled and chuckled. "She's so jealous." He said to himself, shaking his head and walking into the bedroom. Still smiling.

*

A few weeks past since we had gotten back from the beach, and we were at school again.

I was sitting in the corner, reading my book in English, when Ashley leant over me.

"Good book?" She asked.

"Mmhmm..." I mumbled, not taking my eyes off the page.

"What's it about?" She asked.

I looked up from my book and looked at her suspiciously.

"Why... Would you care? You don't read..." I said quietly.

"I know, but I'm just asking. Geez! Just trying to make a fucking conversation!" Ashley snapped.

"Well, I'm just asking!" I snapped back.

"...Well, start a conversation!" I said, looking down at my book again.

"Soo... Have you heard?" Ashley asked awkwardly.

"Heard what?" I asked, my head still down, looking into my book.

"Really?! You haven't heard?!" Ashley shouted.

"No! For fuck sakes! I haven't!" I screamed at her, taking time off my book to briefly look up at her.

"Well... Apparently, by what I've heard. Gerard's going out with that knew girl Kara..." Ashley whispered.

I stomach dropped.

"What?!" I whispered harshly.

"Soo... I'm taking it you haven't heard? Which is kinda surprising, since you and Gerard are such good friends, and you tell each other everything." She said, a confused expression on her beautiful soft face.

I snorted. "You've sure have missed a lot in these couple of months you weren't here, haven't you?"

"Huh?" Ashley mumbled.

I laughed.

"Well, since you've been gone, I've developed a liking to Gerard in a more than friend way, I've kissed him, he kinda kissed me..." I began, growing more and more sarcastic.

"Our families went away for the weekend together and we were in the same room, he admitted he liked me, I admitted I liked him... Umm... Oh yeah! He made out with some random girl from the beach, and I got the pleasure to watch... and... We're not really talking now, cause of how awkward it's gotten, and yeah... Story of my life!" I finished being overwhelmingly sarcastic.

Ashley looked at me in silence. The look upon her face showed that she was shocked.
And in those few seconds of silence, it came to me fully what Ashley had said for me to explain everything to her.
Gerard was seeing someone, and it wasn't me. Does this mean he doesn't like me anymore?

"O.kay... That was, unexpected." Ashley said quietly.

"Oh, I'm surprised you haven't heard. It's all people talk about..." I smiled.

"You still like him don't you?" She asked, knowing what the answer was anyway.

I looked at her and raised my eyebrow.

"I have no idea why you are asking that question Ashley. Cause I think you already know the answer." I said, still looking at her in a creepy way.

She shrugged. "Meh. Just wanted to make sure."

I giggled and it fell silent between us again.

A minute or two of silence and I spoke: "Why is he even going out with her? She's a bitch! Pushed me over two times yesterday, TWO!" I sighed.

"I actually have no idea, I don't like her either..." Ashley said.

"Eh, well. If he wants skanky chicks who has bigger boobs than most of the teachers put together, and has no shame in flaunting them... Then I'm not gonna stop him!" I stated and put my head down and continued to read.

Ashley giggled and put a hand on my shoulder. I sighed and put my head down in my book.
I heard Ashley get up and sit in her seat on a table.
I wasn't really reading, but thinking about Gerard...

*

A few months had past, and Gerard was still going out with Kara. She had been a super-bitch to every one of his friends, behind his back of course. And every time one of us tried to tell him what she was really doing, he would turn away and ignore us.
What made things even worse was every time I tried to tell him, he would say I was just jealous that it wasn't me, and we'd end up in a fight.
Plus Kara knew about me liking Gerard, so she took every chance she could to make me jealous and humiliate me. Which made bad things even worse than they already were.
And quite frankly, I had had enough of it...
Sign up to rate and review this story