Categories > Original > Romance > Your Best Kept Secret & Biggest Mistake

Keep quiet nothing comes as easy as you

by dizzyxdancer 2 reviews

Can I lay in your bed all day? I'll be your best kept secret and your biggest mistake...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-06-20 - Updated: 2007-06-21 - 922 words

0Unrated
Emma blinked her eyes open and stared at the arm around her waist. For a moment, she was confused until she remembered what happened last night. She blushed as she thought about last night. It was the first time she had slept with Pete where they didn't just rush to get their jollies off. He had been slow and gentle, taking his time and making her feel loved. She smiled as she thought back on it. She had never felt so wonderful in her life. She had felt at one with him, complete. "I hope you're smiling because you're happy, not because you're thinking I'm funny in bed or something.." Pete murmured, reaching up and poking Emma on the nose. She giggled and rolled over, not realizing that she was still naked and the blanket wasn't pulled up all the way. Pete glanced down at her bare chest and blushed. He pulled the blanket up and covered up. She blushed and hugged the blanket tight around her, not understanding how she was now embarrassed to be naked in front of him when just last night she had made love to him. She lay on her side and looked at him, smiling. He looked so cute, all sleepy looking. She tried to remember every part of his face, every angle, every curve. She didn't want to forget how wonderful it was to wake up next to him. She sighed and gave him a soft kiss on the lips. "Can I just lay here all day with you?" he asked, pulling her into a hug. "Pete..." she started, before he cut her off. "I know, Em, you've got a boyfriend...but you can't tell me that you want this wonderful moment to end...Let's just stay here all day and cherish this before we have to go back to reality and forget this ever happened," he murmured, not giving her a chance to say no. She smiled and snuggled into his chest. They laid there for awhile until Emma fell asleep. Pete looked down at her and watched her sleep, remembering every detail of her face, so that he could always remember how wonderful it felt to wake up next to her. He lay there for awhile until he too fell asleep.

Emma woke up suddenly a couple of hours later and sat up quickly, looking around for Pete. His clothes were gone and he was nowhere to be seen. She began to panic, thinking he had backed out on his word and she felt hollow inside. She pulled the blanket up to cover herself and pulled her knees to her chest. She put her head on her knees and sighed. She could never get anything right with a guy. She sighed and was about to get up and take a shower when Pete opened her bedroom door and stepped in. She looked up at him and smiled. "I thought you had left..." she said, as he sat down on the edge of the bed and gave her a quick hug. He patted his stomach and said "No, I just smelt breakfast and couldn't resist..." At that moment, Emma noticed the food smell coming from downstairs and her stomach turned, her drinking from last night catching up to her. She jumped up, keeping the blanket around her and ran to the bathroom, throwing up in the toilet. She gagged as she finished throwing up. "Gross..." she said, standing up and rinsing her mouth out. She stumbled back into her room and grabbed some clothes. She went back into the bathroom and took a quick shower and got dressed. She walked out into her bedroom and sunk down on the bed next to Pete and rested her head on his shoulder.

She heard him clear his throat several times and start to talk before he finally found the words. "Emma, I don't like what we're doing. But I know you're not going to leave him, so I don't want this to end. Me and you, that is. I love how I feel when I'm with you and if this is the only way I can be with you, then I'll take it. It's all up to you..." he said. She looked up at him and nodded before she whispered, "I don't want this to end either..." He gave her a quick kiss before getting up. "I should go, I'm sure he'll be around sometime soon to try to say he's sorry and you'll forgive him...blah blah blah..vicious circle, you know how it works, I'm sure..." he said. Emma nodded and looked down at the floor. Pete knelt down and lifted her head up so she was looking him in the eyes. "Just remember, YOU wanted this...Tell him you're done with me. So you can get some peace from him about us. Let this be your best kept secret..." he whispered, before giving her another kiss and slipping out the door.

She nodded and sighed as she stared at the door he had just walked out of. She wished she had the courage to say all the things she had wanted to say. She wanted to be with him. She loved him, not David. But he thought she didn't love him. She decided to go on with her life the way it was. She'd get over him eventually. She hoped. She stared down at her feet and thought about what he said. She smirked. "Yeah, my best kept secret and my biggest mistake..."
Sign up to rate and review this story